Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no Upshaw though. Sooooo it gets increasingly more stupid as we go along.

Even if it was the same deals as these guys were getting, I'd be fine with it.

At this point I have a hope that another team picks him up and he's a monster on defense.

Last edited:
[quote name="CP1708"][quote name="PMatic"]
@MikeAScotto Lakers have agreed to terms with Michael Frazier (Florida) on a 2-yr, partially guaranteed deal, league source confirms. @onlygators first.
I liked Frazier in this draft, but that's a lot of rookies to bring in. :lol:

[/quote]:pimp:[/quote]Because of the price?

Steve Nash on Clarkson

He’s a great person, first of all, and I think he’s a really talented basketball player and incredibly coachable and works hard. I think the sky’s the limit for him.”

"I think he’s very humble and hard working, but he has confidence," Nash said of Clarkson. "He has that security in himself to say, ‘Okay, I don’t know everything, I’m going to learn where I can, and try to get better and use every tool.’ He has a lot of wisdom for a young player." Clarkson is expected to spend some time training with Nash and Kobe Bryant later in the summer, so that's only going to benefit the second year player.

The two have yet to hit the court together this summer, although Clarkson told LakersNation.com that he hopes he can get some work in with both Nash and Kobe Bryant before the summer’s end. Nash has yet to work out with Lakers rookie D’Angelo Russell, though Clarkson hinted at that being a possibility earlier this summer.

"That’s exciting for Laker fans to have two guys, D’Angelo (Russell) and Jordan (Clarkson), both big guards that can handle the ball and it’s kind of a fascinating and exciting backcourt for the future here.”

But, when he steps back and looks at it from another perspective, he’s still able to appreciate what a “phenomenal” experience being a Laker was, commending the Buss family and everyone he worked with.

"The fans were unbelievable to me, the organization was unbelievable to me and my memories and the relationships I made in the building over in El Segundo (Lakers training facility) are relationships I’ll keep for a lifetime.”

Last edited:
[quote name="CP1708"][quote name="PMatic"]
@MikeAScotto Lakers have agreed to terms with Michael Frazier (Florida) on a 2-yr, partially guaranteed deal, league source confirms. @onlygators first.
I liked Frazier in this draft, but that's a lot of rookies to bring in. :lol:

:pimp:[/quote]Because of the price?[/quote]

Naw, cuz of the young talent.

Want Upshaw tho.

Upshaw still has an invite to Hawaii right?

Following the 2015 NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Lakers quickly reached an agreement with Robert Upshaw to have him on their Summer League roster in Las Vegas. Despite the talent, the center went undrafted after being kicked off two college programs.

– What will Kobe Bryant make this season? Find out here! —

After one Summer League game, there was a report the Lakers had reached a two-year deal with Upshaw. However, the deal was never made official and the Lakers have ‘no immediate plan’ to sign him, but he remains a possibility according to Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times:

With general manager Mitch Kupchak sharing the Lakers could add another point guard or center, Upshaw remains a possibility despite the team recently adding Jonathan Holmes and Michael Frazier. Although the Lakers could use a small forward to balance out the roster, Kobe Bryant is expected to start at the position to allow a D’Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson backcourt.

Keep in mind he is/was a coke head that got kicked out of two college programs. Also reports that he got into some funny business in vegas during summer league

Last edited:
Funny business?

Yea and I aint talking about ewd tech

Damon Maurice White ‏@NobodyKnows411
@EricPincus Did something happen during the Summer League?

Eric Pincus – Verified account ‏@EricPincus

@NobodyKnows411 yes, things happened during the summer league to give Lakers pause - we'll see if it's enough pause to stop a signing

Eddie Boy M. ‏@maytimaws2k1
@EricPincus can u confirm the story about upshaw partying when they were given a day off during summer league?
Eric Pincus

@maytimaws2k1 not first hand - though my understanding is he didn't necessarily sell his case while w/ the team

Broderick Johnson ‏@Bmann32Johnson
@LakersSBN @EricPincus I wonder why thy are taking so long with signing this guy,untapped potential.
Eric Pincus

@Bmann32Johnson @LakersSBN because he comes with tremendous baggage
6:57 PM - 16 Aug 2015

dabz106 ‏@dabz106
@EricPincus lakers not going to make the playoffs upshaw have more potential than sacre,kelly,black,jabari & even nance so why not sign him
Eric Pincus

@dabz106 becaue of some of the off-court issues that you're not privvy to
4:57 PM - 13 Aug 2015

Reply to @EricPincus
Replies
dabz106
Aug 13
dabz106 ‏@dabz106
@EricPincus i keep hearing that but no one is saying what he did so he should at least get a training camp invite
Eric Pincus
Aug 13
Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
@dabz106 it would be unprofessional for me to write what I've heard, because I don't have first-hand sources to it

Last edited:
So all Upshaw needs to do next is hook up and bang a Kardashian to become the next Lamar Odom :nerd:

Last edited:
Someone tell Eric Pincus he's still a small time reporter because he keeps up his professional ways. He needs to get his Chris Brussard on.

As much defensive potential as Upshaw has, he needs to be kicked to the curb if he cant get his **** straight. He's not only a major risk to himself, but also the other young cats on the Lakers esp. with D'lo coming off as an impressionable kid.

Last edited:
Interesting.

ESPN predicts it will only take 41 wins to earn the eighth seed in the West.

Unfortunately the Lakers are predicted to only win 26 games and finish with the fourth worst record in the entire league. :lol:

TEAM TANK BACK.

Last edited:
41 wins for the 8th seed is about right. Dallas, Phx and Utah are around .500 temas.

But where they seeded the teams in the last 5 spots is ridiculous.

Ain't no way the Blazers are a 30 win team... They lost their 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th best scorer. And replaced Aldridge, Lopez, Wes Matthews, Afflalo & Batum with Ed Davis, Noah Vonleh, Mason Plumlee, Al-Faroq Aminu & Gerald Henderson.... No damn way that team sees 30 wins. They are basically the 2014-15 Lakers with a better prime player in Lillard, and how many more wins is going to add, 3-4wins maybe.

Nuggets were a 30 win team and got worse. Subtracted Ty Lawson, replaced him with Emmanuel Mudiay. May end up better in the long term, but not this upcoming season.

I would say Blazers, Nuggets, Wolves, Lakers are 15-12 seeds. Lakers get the edge over T'Wolves due to more veteran pieces, and the likelihood that Rubio goes down is high.

Sixers are a trash fire.. I'm still not a believer in Orlando. And you can argue the Pacers are given too much leeway on their projection. And then you have the Knicks who are basically same quality team as us.

Somewhere between 5-8 teams will be worse than us.

Last edited:
It will be SOUL CRUSHING if we end up with the 4th overall pick, and have to turn that over to the 76ers. Granted, it’ll be better than giving it to the Suns (in division) but not by much, given the 6ers would likely also have a top 3 pick on top of our pick. (that top 3 pick, basically kicking ours out, and right into their laps. :smh: )

I’m starting the year hoping for true growth, but if things were to turn bad quick, it would be AMAZING to land yet another top 3 pick for our troubles. That would ensure a very bright future ahead adding another piece beside Russell/Randle/Clarkson. Would be very OKC of us, without the money limitations they put themselves thru.

But handing it over…… :frown:

I see us being a poor team, and very close to the bottom of the NBA, but our overall talent will be upgraded this year over last with Hibbert, Kobe ,Lou, Nick, and then Russell/Randle, as well as an improved Clarkson. Losing Boozer, Wes, Lin, Ellington, Hill and Ed Davis doesn’t equate as much as what we will have gained. We’d need another completely unlucky season regarding health, like Hibbert/Kobe/Lou/Nick/Bass all goin down long term. (of course, you see me picking them so that our young guys all stay healthy, and just lose due to inexperience, not actual tanking, a loss is a loss. :lol: ) My fear of course, would be another Randle situation, where one (or more) of the young guys miss very key time learning on the job. I absolutely do not want that taking place, tho if you told me I get to keep my top 3 pick, I’d at least have to think about it. And that sucks.

Best, best, bestest case, Hibbert, Lou, Bass, Nick all are ineffective. Kobe has a “good” season, but not enough to impact the overall record, that way he can ride off into the sunset, healthy at least. Randle, Clarkson, Russell, Kelly, Nance, Brown, and Sacre get major minutes. Tons. Lots of experience and chances to show their talents. But ultimately, it’s not enough, and we get to keep our top 3 pick. That would be swell.

But I don’t see us being “THAT” bad to safely secure only a top 3. If it was top 5, I would feel MUCH better about our chances. 3 is just too damn small a margin. The damn Knicks were putrid last year and got the 4th pick. I can’t imagine goin thru that again, and not even getting a Porzingus out of it. :frown: :smh:

Interesting.

ESPN predicts it will only take 41 wins to earn the eighth seed in the West.

Unfortunately the Lakers are predicted to only win 26 games and finish with the fourth worst record in the entire league. :lol:

TEAM TANK BACK.

tumblr_n1nsfgQyJ41s0mbfho1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom