Lakers OFF-SEASON IS A WRAP

How Many Regular Season Games Do You Think Kobe Will Play This Year?

• 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-35

• 36-49

• 50-65

• 66-75

• He Plays The Entire Season

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maaan, that version of Kobe seems like a lifetime ago, so many memories makin a brotha nostalgic

Anyone remember the type of offense Byron ran when he coached the Nets?

our current starting roster kind of reminds me of that squad (puts on flame suit, but hear me out)

Kidd / Russell: Pass first pg with great vision, not much athleticism but great size, Russell is a better shooter too

Kittles / Kobe : after 18 years and coming off of injuries Kobe is still as good as a prime Kerry kittles. Capable scorer with range, but Kobe can handle the ball and post up

RJ/Clarkson : young, athletic with explosiveness. RJ was better athleticly and Clarkson has the shooting range at an earlier stage

Martin/randle: physical pf's who love contact, can take the defender off the dribble and finish in traffic. Randle has the better handle and theyre about even in the athletiscm department although Kenyon may have had better ups.

Collins/Hibbert: guys who can man the paint, but Hibbert is way better offensively and athletically

Don't flame me too much

Last edited:

our current starting roster kind of reminds me of that squad (puts on flame suit, but hear me out)

Kidd / Russell: Pass first pg with great vision, not much athleticism but great size, Russell is a better shooter too

Kittles / Kobe : after 18 years and coming off of injuries Kobe is still as good as a prime Kerry kittles. Capable scorer with range, but Kobe can handle the ball and post up

RJ/Clarkson : young, athletic with explosiveness. RJ was better athleticly and Clarkson has the shooting range at an earlier stage

Martin/randle: physical pf's who love contact, can take the defender off the dribble and finish in traffic. Randle has the better handle and theyre about even in the athletiscm department although Kenyon may have had better ups.

Collins/Hibbert: guys who can man the paint, but Hibbert is way better offensively and athletically

Don't flame me too much
Man thats pretty spot on IMO 

Last edited:

Don't flame me too much

Don't agree at all with the Randle & KMart comparison. KMart even at the college level and mainly in his NBA was clearly a high flying PF/C who mainly got his points on alley oops & and garbage put back dunks, defensively early on in his career he was an above average shot blocker & rebounding machine.

Randle does not have that leaping ability and shot blocking skills.A better comparison for Randle is Lamar Odom. He already has the ball handling skills and his game really relies on his first step and beating other players off the dribble. His mid range game is clearly his weakness right now that needs the most improvement.Again Kmart in college or in his NBA career didn't have the handles or really much of the ability to beat defender off the first step and blow by them, if he did it was usually in 5 to 10 foot range where he would explode and take off on the dribble for a dunk.

Last edited:
Flashback time again:

Chick, Shaq, Kobe, Eddie Jones, Nick "The Quick" Van Exel, Derek Fisher, Cedric Ceballos, Travis Knight, Sean Rooks, Corey Blount, Byron Scott.

Cliffs:

-Kobe didn't play because he was still recovering from his broken hand injury he had while playing street ball pick up games at Venice beach.
-Cedric Ceballos later that year would get traded at the trade deadline for Robert Horry because of Horry tossing a towel in the face of Danny Ainge in the middle of a game.
-This was Byron Scott's last season as a player before he retired.

Jason kidd didn't lack athleticism, he was quick as hell. D'Lo doesn't have a great first step but when he does get by his man he's got good burst. He's got a good second step

He would never stop. It was incredible. He practiced until one day, a couple months later, he finally won. If you literally said, “Kobe, I bet you can’t make five in a row by dropping the ball and kicking it in from half court,” that ************ would go out there and practice it until he could do it.

Source:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/robert-horry-kobe-phil-jackson-lakers/

Always makes laugh and I'm like :wow: when I see this video.

Flashback time to the 1996 summer league @ the Long Beach pyramid:

Some NT'ers were in diapers, elementary school, junior high, high school, or college during this time

DarthSka... welp I think we know he was finishing up grad school at the time :lol:

Damn Kobe n d fish with 2 posters at the 5 min mark

good lord. kobe was phenomenal. dude was a grown *** man at 18. It's wild. He's moved the same his whole career. Just faster and more athletic at different spurts. Nothing ever really changes.

good lord. kobe was phenomenal. dude was a grown *** man at 18. It's wild. He's moved the same his whole career. Just faster and more athletic at different spurts. Nothing ever really changes.

I mean people just forget that dude literally is a once in a life time player who really was bread and in grained to eat sleep hone and work on nothing but basketball from a young age and he had that drive & killer instinct in him early on. Then throw in the fact that his Dad was a NBA pro player also.

That's the thing about Kobe and why I have and always will be a fan of him. I like many other fans saw, lived and grew up his entire career.

I was 16 and going into my Junior year in high school the year the Lakers traded Divac for his draft rights.

I can't believe I'm writing this, but the L.A. Lakers saved my first day at Las Vegas Summer League yesterday.

Sometime in the first half of the Lakers' game against the Philadelphia 76ers yesterday, D'Angelo Russell calmly weaved his way down the floor in transition, head on a swivel to see what was developing. As Tarik Black darted through the key, Russell flung a beautifully-placed no-look pass to him that ended up sailing out of bounds. And there's no contradiction in saying that pass was perfectly placed despite being a turnover -- after being confused into a spin trying to catch the pass, Black turned around acknowledged his fault in the turnover and gave the 19-year-old phenom an apologetic high five.

Even in a botched play, Russell is consistently five steps ahead of the other nine aspiring pro ball players on the floor -- on that play, he slowed down, saw Black coming, took a casual probing dribble in the opposite direction Black was going to draw the defense, and waited for the defense to leave the opening to fire the pass into. Despite the outcome his potential was on full display and everyone, including his teammates who are fighting for their own basketball lives, are acknowledging it in various ways. He's doing things that show a potential mastery of the nuances of the game that often eludes the other hopefuls in Vegas.

Russell finished with a so-so stat line of 14 points on 4-for-15 shooting, a team-high 3 assists to go with a team-high 7 turnovers with a team-high 8 rebounds for good measure. On paper, it was nothing special. But summer league really isn't about what's on paper; it's about how players play and whether they have the tools that serve as signposts that lead down the path of stardom.

Source:

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/20...ague-2015-la-lakers-dangelo-russell-las-vegas

Good read.

I mean NBA summer league is really for the "basketball junkies" which I know a few us are here on NT and in this Laker thread.

But yeah I mean the games can be pretty hard to watch and boring with sloppy play from the rookies and journey men players trying to prove they deserve a training camp invite for a NBA team.

With that being said I'm pretty sure on the flip side there are plenty of people and the casual fans who just watch the highlights on youtube and look up box scores and stats.

Source:

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/20...ague-2015-la-lakers-dangelo-russell-las-vegas

Good read.

I mean NBA summer league is really for the "basketball junkies" which I know a few us are here on NT and in this Laker thread.

But yeah I mean the games can be pretty hard to watch and boring with sloppy play from the rookies and journey men players trying to prove they deserve a training camp invite for a NBA team.

With that being said I'm pretty sure on the flip side there are plenty of people and the casual fans who just watch the highlights on youtube and look up box scores and stats.

I actually really enjoy Summer League... It's much more competitive than most NBA regular season games IMO, and u get to see a lot more schemes and plays called. It's what college hoops should be from a flow and pace standpoint, and u get to see the top young players play each other more often.

I'd rather have a longer summer league and a shorter NBA season if that makes sense. Two or 3 months. July til about what October? Have a mini playoff for teams from each region and all that good stuff. Start the NBA season on Christmas :smokin

The NBA could make a lot of cash partnering that with the WNBA season. Year round pro ball. I'm wits it :pimp:

Last edited:

Don't flame me too much
They ran when they could, but ran the Princeton in the half court I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom