[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Sure, Anthony Davis would be ok, but since that is as likely as BigMike learning how to spell, nothin else appeals.

Even alphabet won't happen. Akradhncgkuedvjko

Go ahead man, spell out trading a top 5 pick for what? What age? What contract? And explain to us why it would go thru, and why it would work.

Learn me. You have the floor.

I already explained my reasons how it could be a possibility.
I'm gonna treat this subject with you the same as the MDA argument. Just agree to disagree.
I'm not so adamant about proving right/wrong.

Like I said you prefer Love at 27 and 90 million to a 19 year old at 20 mil?

Rather than trying to pull BOTH?

K.

CP, the man clearly doesn't care about being right as much as you do.

He's obviously trying to let it go.

Let it go :lol:

Last edited:
No I don't prefer that. If you read that long *** paragraph that I wrote at the top of this page you would see all I was saying is there may be a diff way to get back to championship contention by the basic way that's laid out.

All I care about is getting more rings and the fastest route getting there. Period.

I can see the Lakers trading the pick because they are that stupid. I don't really expect them to make the right moves.

Last edited:
July 10th is when you can start signing.

Here's the problem.. Even if it was Pau & the pick for Love. Still doubt it gets done, and even if it does. It is still a stupid trade. We are not a team 1 piece away. We are a team MANY pieces away. So that trade means nothing for the next few years. And remember even if we trade for Kevin Love, you have to convince him to stay. We have nothing right now that says, STAY IN LA.

There's 3 players worth that pick right now... LeBron, Kevin Durant & Anthony Davis. And none of those guys are getting traded.

Yea I agree about being many pieces away. But the trick is getting a few KEY pieces as soon as possible. Look everyone knows that it's gonna take a few years for us to get back in contention but it's all about the road you choose to get there.
Although unlikely, I don't think it's completely stupid. Seeing as we are all using KLove as an example, let's say we trade the pick and package it with Pau and Love. I would much rather get Love now for a few reasons:
1. You don't give Love the chance to hit free agency and choose another team like Phil Jackson's Knicks
2. We don't give the TWolves a chance to trade him elsewhere, that could make it very hard for us to get him at that point once his new team restricts him and throws max dollars at him
3. Once we have Love here the chances are very very low that he will leave us. He ain't D12 and once we throw max money at him among other things :wink: I don't think he'll be going anywhere. He will be a hometown hero
4. Lastly having an already young established star on our squad will be better for us in 2015 when free agency will be at it's peak for us. It'll be easier for us to lure another superstar on the team if we already have one here (KLove) instead of trying to do it all in one summer.

I think this may be the easier road traveled. Just my opinion though.

I read every word.

Yea I suppose.
I guess the wrong word to use was easy
I'm thinking more creative.

All I wanted to get across was trading the pick might not be that stupid if you look a little deeper in the future.

its not stupid

we have to build around 50 year old kobe because hes only got 2 years left and we all kno we will win the finals with a 50 year old broke down kobe and a player we can trade our pick for

i would not put it past this dumb *** management if they were thinking that way

iilWASP.jpg

:lol: :lol:

I swear all you guys in here have kept me laughing thru this season. I should be crying about my team at this point but it's been funny

Back
Top Bottom