**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lebron's terrible defense tonight in the 4th. 3 straight plays reaching for steals leading to wide open 3's for the Clippers:

1638597276094.jpeg

Jeanie will fire him. In her mind, “how can we be a .500 team when I signed all these star players like Russ, DJ, Howard, Melo and Ariza?” So many big names
You think she will fire him, pay him this year and next years salary. Then go and hire another coach and pay him too?

Jeanie got bills

What’s he saying?

Nothing. Just excuse after excuse.

Talking about we are working to become a cohesive unit...

Bruh stop that nonsense.

"We were a step slow on rotations"

This far into the season you ain't figure out that KCP and AC ain't walking through that door?

Reggie and Morris are historical defensive liabilities? 😂

They all have size and can switch on defense at the end of games. Monk was in for his offense but got hunted on d…that’s why the lakers were trapping. Probably should have just subbed out Malik at some point but I guess Frank just wanted to ride the hot hand
Did you watch the mavs series last year? What about nuggets clippers two years ago

also: speak to actual clipper fans that watch them daily. They hate Morris and claim he’s awful at defense. I’ll trust them over narratives.

Reggie and Morris are historical defensive liabilities? 😂

They all have size and can switch on defense at the end of games. Monk was in for his offense but got hunted on d…that’s why the lakers were trapping. Probably should have just subbed out Malik at some point but I guess Frank just wanted to ride the hot hand

valid.I’d live with PG torching Monk for the iso jumpers over doubling/blitzing and leading to wide open looks.

threes > twos.
Monk: 0
Melo: +8
Ellington: +15

this roster is 1 big, 1 ball handler and 3 shooters. We are not a defensive roster.

Did you watch the mavs series last year? What about nuggets clippers two years ago

also: speak to actual clipper fans that watch them daily. They hate Morris and claim he’s awful at defense. I’ll trust them over narratives.
Did I see them getting torched (along with Kawhi, PG and every other player in a Flipper uniform) by Luka? Yep sure did, but other than that nothing really comes to mind. Or two years ago vs the Nuggets when everyone shot the lights out in the Bubble they couldn’t do anything with Murray…same as most other teams in the league.

Still, that’s two random series against high level players and the voice of some fans who complain about everything regardless.

Try again man

Did I see them getting torched (along with Kawhi, PG and every other player in a Flipper uniform) by Luka? Yep sure did, but other than that nothing really comes to mind. Or two years ago vs the Nuggets when everyone shot the lights out in the Bubble they couldn’t do anything with Murray…same as most other teams in the league.

Still, that’s two random series against high level players and the voice of some fans who complain about everything regardless.

Try again man
I guess

I don’t watch them enough but the consensus by fans that watch him daily is that he’s bad defensively. I also remember the post Mortem after the nuggets series was “man Murray was looking for switches on Harrell, on Morris, on Lou.

but ok you’re right. Vogel is elite. We are champs. We will win it all.

I guess

I don’t watch them enough but the consensus by fans that watch him daily is that he’s bad defensively.

but ok you’re right. Vogel is elite. We are champs. We will win it all.
Except I never said any of that. Pretty sure if we look back in this thread no one has.

Jig is hovering man

Thad Young would get 25 minutes a night on our team. And he’d play well. He’s a hooper.

pop is a hater tho. He’d probably buy him out with the stipulation that he can’t go to the lakers lol

953ADC56-B9E5-4036-B161-26C5EC56F845.jpeg

Not bc of this game. Overall season. This game isn’t surprising and I’m not that sad. Best to keep expectation to play in game

Rob Covington
Jerami Grant
Myles Turner
Dillon Brooks
Derrick Jones Jr
Lu Dort

These the type of defenders with length that would instantly elevate this team's defensive identity. I'd take any two on this list rn over any of our bench players not named Melo and Dwight

Too bad we likely won't be able to get any of them tho any time soon

Hate that 3-2 zone, we aren’t fast enough to close out on 3 point shooters… so again Vogel forcing crap

When has Frank ever done a tweak as simple or smart on offense as what Lue did tonight? Am I overreacting?

Back
Top Bottom