**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Well that is a debbie downer for sure. Can't believe these idiots.

I really hope woj is wrong, but when is he ever! Haha he also said AD will likely not wave his trade kicker. So if this goes down like he says it is, then pelinka is a damn fool for agreeing to this!

Woj a idiot. One post he talks about Lakers need to get it done at all cost. Deal comes out and he says Lakers overpaid. He salty he doesn’t have LBJ/Klutch sources.

Keep in mind that pelicans pay the 4.1 mill dollar trade kicker not the lakers. It just goes against lakers cap. It’s in best interest to pelicans too for him to waive it and or work around it etc

In trades like these, the Player almost always waives that trade bonus. It’s in AD’s best interest too if he wants to win. What’s 4 mill to him right now?

B

But will free agents wait til August to make it official? I mean with injuries and everything. That’s risky plus u can’t sign other lame wads bc they gonna feel the pressure with injuries etc

I’m sure it comes down to wherever we get a commitment from someone July 1-6. If kyrie says yes then AD will waive his clause and we trade bonga and Wagner to maximize our money as close to their max as possible. Or even kawhi if new balance offers him like 5 more mill a year for going lakers

IF they pull off the trade on the 6th, that signals to me they are going to spend the money on two mid-tier guys instead of courting a max level guy. Interesting.

B

But will free agents wait til August to make it official? I mean with injuries and everything. That’s risky plus u can’t sign other lame wads bc they gonna feel the pressure with injuries etc

To make a 3rd max work that guy has to be signed first. Then we trade for AD with matching contracts including whoever the #4 pick is.

IF they pull off the trade on the 6th, that signals to me they are going to spend the money on two mid-tier guys instead of courting a max level guy. Interesting.

I guess if they trade Wagner and Bonga for nothing they'd be 2 mil short of a full max. Maybe one of the gus would take less in year 1. Who knows.

Do the Pelicans gain anything by doing it the 30th and not the 6th?

I mean if the Pels really just want to move on, then they’ll want this done ASAP. Then try to go elsewhere with the money they have.

Because they can finagle their way into a good amount of cap space by making some other moves.

It’s basically

Forward minutes: LeBron (34-35), Kuzma (30)
Center minutes: Davis (35)

Should save the Room Exception for a backup Center. Room exception is mainly the asset that can always get you a competent Big. Ed Davis’ and Brook Lopez’s of all the world.

But what’s left is
96 guard minutes.
30 minutes at the forward spot.

Is really tough with $30mil.

Adding Kemba means you still have 60 minutes from guards to add. And 30 minutes at forward spot. You could stagger LeBron and Kemba. But if it’s LeBron without Kemba and AD on the floor that’s not optimal.

Doesn’t mean you need a 10 guy rotation (although that’d be nice). Getting to an 8 man rotation of guys who can contribute when it’s currently 3 with $30mil is a chore. Also if they go a 3rd max. There’s going to be a ton of roster turnover from year to year of the last 3 years of LeBron that ended up being the issue with LeBron’s runs ending in Miami and Cavs

B

The potential free agent(s) don't have to wait from my understanding, its only AD that would wait to sign.

EDIT:

I just seen Woj' ESPN coverage this morning, man, I can sense the salt in his voice. Saying we were desperate, Boston had a good package ready, hesitantly saying we have gave up 2 potential stars in Ingram and Zo. That man really don't like the Lakers lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom