**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The Los Angeles Lakers are trading D'Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov to the Brooklyn Nets for Brook Lopez and the 27th overall pick in Thursday's NBA draft, sources told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.

Something else HAS GOT to be coming. I will hold my thoughts until Thursday....

There is no way you got a late 1st round pick and expiring for him..... just no way .....

I will save my thoughts until Thursday.

Might as well attach Randle to Deng to shed more salary if they are gonna go that route.

im telling you they are gonna trade 2, 27, and 28 for paul george before thursday. that why they did this crap trade

All those picks for PG? Who's gonna the point if they do all that?

They're not trading the 2 guys :lol:

I honestly don't mind the trade at all but some of you think D Lo is better than I do. He had his mental and physical limitations and those aren't things that are necessarily correctable. He also is into himself a bit much for being a dude that's never made the playoffs.
Lopez is a 20 ppg scorer, rebounding and defense is *** but he plays smart and does what he does well. If he sucks, we let him go after this year.
I'm with the people saying this is a trade to set something up, but I don't know if it's a setup for this offseason or next. George is getting that money we cleared up, someone else is gonna get the rest. Give it time before freaking out.
The 27 pick in this draft isn't that bad of value as some of you are saying too.

russell had more value than clarkson and randle

what do you think they are going to use to trade for george?
laugh.gif
Obviously not if all you can get for him is another draft pick and Brook Lopez LOL.

Clarkson/Black/27th/28th for PG maybe?

Didn't you also believe Dlo wasn't being traded? Lol

I already said I didn't care if he got traded, but for this ******* trash. Magic johnson is running around like its the ******* 80s thinking everyone still wants to play for the Lakers. We ******* tried this for years and it didn't work. Dumbass is letting that HIV get to his brain.

I'm glad we are run by a guy who thought MCW was the next Kidd. Can't wait to strike out on Ball too

I knew when this new regime came and evaluated Dlo, he'd be gone

Mitch/Jim were tied to him

But dribbling drills bruh

Culture?!!! A move for culture?!!!

i am all for trading a piece away for the right value. But you are not gonna convince me all the boy was worth is a freakin culture move by way of salary dump :lol: this is guts lol

:x sick to my stomach. They couldn't wait till draft day at least. They couldn't commit to dlo at sg? All because of moz contract? Sad day

Damn kid really has no value. 
NONE....only from NT'ers. SMH

[table][tr][td] Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:[/td][td]  [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ramona Shelburne‏Verified account 
@ramonashelburne 

Lakers had called multiple teams in lottery about acquiring Russell this week. No takers. He becomes the guy who helps them get off Moz $[/td][/tr][/table]

Culture?!!! A move for culture?!!!

i am all for trading a piece away for the right value. But you are not gonna convince me all the boy was worth is a freakin culture move by way of salary dump
laugh.gif
this is guts lol
Well that's the word, brass didn't believe he was going to fit the vision they had going forward, and he was the guy that was expendable since we're drafting a PG on Thursday. 

I'm not mad we traded a way D'Lo. I'm mad what we got in return. I know we had to shed some money but come on son

The deal gives the Lakers significant cap room next summer. With close to $60 million off the books by that time after Tuesday's deal, they could chase one or two max free agents.

:pimp:

can't wait to see all the max free agents coming in when we win 30 games next year with no draft pick 
eyes.gif

The deal gives the Lakers significant cap room next summer. With close to $60 million off the books by that time after Tuesday's deal, they could chase one or two max free agents.

:pimp:

We have tried this, it ended in deng and mozgov. Can't wait for more terrible contract.

We are the new knicks

Back
Top Bottom