**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

problem with this is they might have to trade randell next to send deng out

and like i said all would be left is lebron and he likes signing with teams who are contenders

westbrook is not leaving 70 mill on the table and his loyal moniker.

george will be locked up in boston

who else is left?

True. It'll be interesting. But don't discount that Magic/Rob may have something up their sleeve that we as fans don't foresee.

Lonzo next year: 14 pts, 7 assists, 4 rebounds and rookie of the year after Lakers get 37 wins

this place is not more desirable for free agents than when mitch and jim were here just because magic is here now.

stop spreading that bull **** in here

big stars and free agents for the most part want to go to winning situations. not because of a ******* player they could care less about because they were too young to watch him play

that **** theory needs to stop already

your setting up to get egg all over your face

:lol: :smh:

This guy

ill say 12 ppg 6 apg 5 rpg

hes gonna have lots of chances for rebounds because of brook lol

Last edited:
I'd feel a LOT better with DLo in the mix of all the young talent than hoping on a wish and a star that we land PG and Bron next year. If that was really gonna come to pass, they could have flipped whatever young guys they didn't want at that time. Trading one a year early is pretty stupid. But whatevs, hope it works out.

And saying Mitch and Jim were fired for losing out on Melo, LMA, the Boogie trade is :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mitch should have had a lifetime contract, maybe just in a different role or something. He brought in the old vets with Shaq and Kobe, it just didn't work out.
He reset the franchise after the Shaq trade, and had us back in the Finals within 3 years.
Then he prepped the roster for after Kobe with the CP3 deal
Lost that, and regrouped to pull in Nash and Howard
Then when all that didn't work out, he was able to still rebuild (or was on his way to) and rest the franchise yet again with young talent.

I was plenty upset with Mitch for things over the years, no question about it, but even his failures he set up loopholes that we somehow managed to capitalize on. (keeping most of our draft picks)

I didn't like the Kobe extension, but that may have been moreso Jeanie, I didn't like holding onto Pau too long, and I didn't like that not enough was done in the analytics department, and I damn sure didn't like that they wouldn't give MDA ONE extra year on his contract, but as a whole, Mitch is far better than what Rob and Magic are gonna give us. People are just buying into Magic because he's a talker and they think he can land the big prize and what not, well, sorry, 34 year old Bron ain't it. If he misses Bron and goes for Boogie, that ain't it either. George is a good get. That would be a solid signing, but giving up assets to chase 34 year old pipe dreams is not a really well thought out business model. And should we really give Magic credit if George just flat out decides he wants to be a Laker because that's what he's always wanted?

That said, Magic and Rob did great work last night. But if they plan on saving cap space for next year, not a lot more movement they can do for THIS year, meaning our pick goin to Boston could be real nice. :smh:

Mitch & Jim missing out on LMA, Melo & Dwight turned out to be fantastic for us :lol:

Mitch and Jim literally stumbled into the perfect rebuild. It was so bad/good, you wondered if they were doing it on purpose. Picked up a bunch of assets with no long term cap commitments. And then they had to panic and sign Moz & Deng to screw everything up :smh: that self imposed limit came back to haunt them. If they didn't think they would've got fired for the team still being ******, they could've got away with waiting for 2018 free agents like Magic/Rob are being praised for.

Really can't wait to cop my Ball jersey :pimp:
Need the authentic Nike joint. Prolly going Purple.

Best Laker draft pick since Kobe. Let's get it BBB.

Last edited:
So I read that Lonzo Ball's Mother is still ill and can't talk?

My Goodness! I hope he exceeds and succeeds this season!

truth hurts go to church or come get this two piece with extra *** whoppin on the side[emoji]128074[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

You out your damn mind if really think Magic and Rob can't recruit better than Jim and Mitch (Jim was mainly the problem). Nobody wanted to play for or had faith in Jim weirdo self. Magic and Rob already got relationships and they know to talk to these dudes. Nothing is a guarantee but the franchise is in way better hands but some of you just wanna cry just to cry.

Mitch should never be let around any franchise, let alone the Lakers. His draft record was average at best. I always thought he got killed in the Shaq in trade, but redeemed himself in the Pau deal. However, he over paid for an aging and broken down Nash. Yes, he got Dwight but was also unable to keep him, which ended up being a blessing in disguise. He has to take blame for the coaching mess after Phil left. And of course the Mozgov and Deng deals were bad, but he had a prior history of giving out bad deals that somehow were overlooked. He gave Luke Walton a 5 year deal above his value at the time of the contract, an aging Steve Blake a four year deal with no team option that hindered the Lakers before Kobe's injury, drafting Ryan Kelly and Robert Sacre in the second round an actually giving them deals etc. No Mitch ever again. 

So I read that Lonzo Ball's Mother is still ill and can't talk?

My Goodness! I hope he exceeds and succeeds this season!
Same hope his mom gets better and Lonzo excels.

Smh @ the people that want Lonzo to fail because of his dad though

Glad this draft is over and ready for summer league. Hoping to see a lot of improvement with Ingram and looking forward to seeing Ball play against Fox in a couple of weeks. 

You out your damn mind if really think Magic and Rob can't recruit better than Jim and Mitch (Jim was mainly the problem). Nobody wanted to play for or had faith in Jim weirdo self. Magic and Rob already got relationships and they know to talk to these dudes. Nothing is a guarantee but the franchise is in way better hands but some of you just wanna cry just to cry.

its not hard to understand

should i type slower?

superstars........want......to.......win.....and....be....in....winning.....situations.....unless....your....name...,is....melo

stop........dreaming.......that......nba....legends......have....the....power.....to.....seduce.....superstar....players.....to.....come.....to.....a....losing.....team.....this.....is....a.....new....era

Last edited:
Lonzo has to have the most pressure coming into the league since lebron players going to be going hard @ him every game

someone posted earlier how no one in the Org worried about Lavar, especially Luke and comparing his dad Bill as an outspoken dude.

watching the lakers celtics rivalry, BILL IS A WEIRD DUDE, probably said some hippy stuff that didn't make sense to this day.
Luke probably laughs at the antics, saying yeah my dad was way weirder, let's play.

should i type slower?

superstars........want......to.......win.....and....be....in....winning.....situations.....unless....your....name...,is....melo

stop........dreaming.......that......nba....legends......have....the....power.....to.....seduce.....superstar....players.....to.....come.....to.....a....losing.....team.....this.....is....a.....new....era

Just stop typing period. :lol:

someone posted earlier how no one in the Org worried about Lavar, especially Luke and comparing his dad Bill as an outspoken dude.

watching the lakers celtics rivalry, BILL IS A WEIRD DUDE, probably said some hippy stuff that didn't make sense to this day.
Luke probably laughs at the antics, saying yeah my dad was way weirder, let's play.
Hell Bill says nonsensical stuff when he's commentating on a game at times, Lavar isn't on that level of "crazy"

should i type slower?

If you believe Magic was only hired because Jeanie thinks NBA legends can lure free agents, then you're right

He could also have been hired because he's very smart and has a great network of connections in the NBA world. And he had a vision for a new culture in the organization that would attract players.

Edit: the Celtics were not a winning team, then Ray and KG went there one summer and BAM!

Same with Miami and Cleveland and other teams

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom