**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

giphy.gif

Nope not falling for it again. Ship his *** out.

And this is my inevitable issue with the lineup and its max potential. I feel the same about Rui as I do with DLo. The talent is there. I want to believe. But my eyes don't deceive me.

Rui plays like he picked up bball late (he did) and there's a language barrier (there was). He's way too big and talented to be a net negative on defense. If he's even average at defending his position he becomes a valuable commodity (and much more expensive) in the league just off his size/spot up shooting alone.

And this is my inevitable issue with the lineup and its max potential. I feel the same about Rui as I do with DLo. The talent is there. I want to believe. But my eyes don't deceive me.

Rui plays like he picked up bball late (he did) and there's a language barrier (there was). He's way too big and talented to be a net negative on defense. If he's even average at defending his position he becomes a valuable commodity (and much more expensive) in the league just off his size/spot up shooting alone.
He can do everything right, but he's at a mobility/lateral quickness disadvantage because they ask him to defend out of position most nights.

Back
Top Bottom