**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

@Mamba MVP  Is on that water...

Josh or Fox  goin #2 to the Lakers  
Can you or any other Team Jackson guys tell me what he does at an elite level?

Does that fact that he did most of his damage against college 4s scare you? Do you think he'll be able to score against NBA wings?

Lakers drafting Lonzo...

my source John Salley confirmed it.

Last edited:
Like LTB said... I'm not going to be upset at anything we do that night (still think a trade could be on the table)

But picking Jackson just SCREAMS "overthinking" to me.

Jackson feels like Okafor in this matter... safe, solid choice who gives you EXACTLY what he's showed you.

We are nowhere near The Warriors in this positionless basketball BS, take the gamble on the G and figure it out first before we have a team on non-shooting wings :smh:

Ball over Jackson easilyyyyyyyy for me.

We had a huge debate in here about drafting Porzingis over Okafor and D'lo and I specifically remember dudes in here saying no because Porzingis was a duplicate of a position we just filled (Randle at the time)

Now, 2 years later we want to add Jackson, who is literally a downgraded version of the guy we just drafted in BI and a guy we want to get in free agency in PG

I don't get it.
I know why some of them don't want Ball, for the simple fact the moment he gets drafted, the shine on Ratsull goes away. 

Nah, it'll definitely benefit D'lo the same way bryce Alford benefited from Zo
Just don't like the notion that if Ball is chosen, it means we have to trade d'lo
Ive been on record saying IF ball is the pick
Let em run and gun

Last edited:
Ball over Jackson easilyyyyyyyy for me.

We had a huge debate in here about drafting Porzingis over Okafor and D'lo and I specifically remember dudes in here saying no because Porzingis was a duplicate of a position we just filled (Randle at the time)

Now, 2 years later we want to add Jackson, who is literally a downgraded version of the guy we just drafted in BI and a guy we want to get in free agency in PG

I don't get it.
I know why some of them don't want Ball, for the simple fact the moment he gets drafted, the shine on Ratsull goes away. 

tenor.gif

How many teams outside of GS and CLE actually play small ball and excel at it? I think y'all are jumping the gun trying to model everything after those two teams. They have the personnel with unique skillets to play a Draymond at the 4 or Bron at the 4, KD at the 5. We're nowhere near that from a physical standpoint with our guys nor a mindset.

The reality is both Ball and Jackson are small ball players if used correctly. How many teams are going small? Just the good ones. Are we not trying to be like the good teams? Why get left behind? Why even hire Luke Walton? I think putting JJ at the 2 is the antithesis of small ball & something I'd avoid. If we weren't embracing this new small ball era, we would've took Jah 2 years ago.

You can try to turn Aaron Gordon into a 3 if you want, I'm playing him at his right position, the 4. You can try to play JJ/BI at 2 if you want, I'm starting them at 3 and hoping they'll eventually play minutes for me at the 4.

Last edited:
I'm #TeamFrontOffice

Whatever Magic, Rob and scouts decide, I'm good with

Lucky to have kept our pick 3 straight years

Lonzo, JJ and Fox all have pros/cons

And if we trade down and unload Deng/Moz, I'm good with that too

8 more days.....

"they" also said russell westbrook couldn't shoot...smh.  you go with the best player that has the heart and desire to get better and win.  no millennial attitude. we already have 1 on the team. go with JJ

Whoever they pick, I'm good with it.

I have my preferences, but I really like what all 3 prospects can bring.

Last edited:

"they" also said russell westbrook couldn't shoot...smh.  you go with the best player that has the heart and desire to get better and win.  no millennial attitude. we already have 1 on the team. go with JJ
....to be a shooting guard. Which is absolutely true. 

If JJ could be a 4 then his shooting isn't a huge issue but it is if you're trying to say he can be a 2. That's dumb.

Why we assuming he is going to play the 2 the rest of his career. He already said he is open to playing the 4.

Westbrook cant shoot but hes the leading scorer in the NBA ...:lol:

Difference between a scorer and a shooter. JJ isn't going to get near that type of usage where his volume will make up for it.

Why do we NEED HIM to have that type of usage? Why?
Do we not have DLo and Ingram and Julius and Clarkson who will have high usage offensively?
Don't we need other types of skill sets on the court?

*sigh*

Westbrook cant shoot but hes the leading scorer in the NBA ...
laugh.gif
Difference between a scorer and a shooter. JJ isn't going to get near that type of usage where his volume will make up for it.
Why do we NEED HIM to have that type of usage? Why?
Do we not have DLo and Ingram and Julius and Clarkson who will have high usage offensively?
Don't we need other types of skill sets on the court?

*sigh*
We don't. I think the point is if you're going to lead the league in scoring without being a great shooter, you better have the usage/volume (typically at the rim) to make up for it.

And we don't need another high usage player next to them. It would be perfect to pair Dlo Ingram and Julius with someone that can push the ball in transition for easy looks then spot up when the go to work in the half court... I wonder who that could be?

Back
Top Bottom