**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It's weak in the top 5-10 picks. After that, it's run of the mill.
I don’t buy it. They only say the top of the draft is weak relative to other draft classes.

This year the Top 10-15 projected players are the best of the 2024 crop. The rest of the first and second round projections are run of the mill

Pelinka needs to get away from all this conventional thinking talmbout the 2024 draft is “weak.”

It’s not a weak draft for the Lakers by any stretch of the imagination since their biggest need is at the center position.

Wings and guards are a dime a dozen and can be found a lot easier than legit centers who, as we know are slim pickings.

Lakers need to do what’s right for AD and that’s to get him some much needed help inside. Period.

I'm sure you all are well past this, but I'm just now getting around to wrapping up season 2 of Winning Time. I'm at the point where it's out with Westhead, in with Riley... and West... but mostly Riley according to West... but actually Riley & West according to Buss...
🤣🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂

I knew about this when I was a kid and I remember joking about this with friends in HS but NGL, I completely forgot.

I actually feel way better about hiring a podcaster now.
Holy hell.
🤣😂

R E L A X

I'm sure you all are well past this, but I'm just now getting around to wrapping up season 2 of Winning Time. I'm at the point where it's out with Westhead, in with Riley... and West... but mostly Riley according to West... but actually Riley & West according to Buss...
🤣🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂

I knew about this when I was a kid and I remember joking about this with friends in HS but NGL, I completely forgot.

I actually feel way better about hiring a podcaster now.
Holy hell.
🤣😂

R E L A X

Jerry Buss........Jeanie Buss
Jerry West.......Kobe's agent
Pat Riley...........JJ

22 year old Magic Johnson..........32 year old AD
34 year old Kareem........................40 year old Bron

+ #1 overall pick James Worthy incoming

1981-82-83 was certainly weird times, but so much better positioned than where we are now. And it's really not close.

Pat Riley...........JJ

1981-82-83 was certainly weird times, but so much better positioned than where we are now. And it's really not close.
*woosh*

Pat Riley...........JJ

You forgot:

Chick Hearn………..BillyMac

Pretty crazy Bronny is about to be drafted into the damn NBA with his college stats and his lack of size. A player with those numbers would be lucky to get a G league deal

So is this ‘your dad is an all-time great’ privilege or does the kid really have upside? Or is it just the lakers appeasing to him? Just a really weird situation

Pretty crazy Bronny is about to be drafted into the damn NBA with his college stats and his lack of size. A player with those numbers would be lucky to get a G league deal

So is this ‘your dad is an all-time great’ privilege or does the kid really have upside? Or is it just the lakers appeasing to him? Just a really weird situation
No one is drafting Bronny.
They're drafting Bron.

Would not hate.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Screenshot_20240623_140408_Reddit.jpg

If everybody stays put. Including Bron, DLo, Hayes, Reddish and they pick at 17 & 55.

Lakers are $3mil from 2nd apron, but also have to drop 1 guy to get to 14 roster spots.

Of players who don’t need to be directly replaced:
Rui, Gabe, JHS, Max Lewis. $33.7mil to find a perimeter defender and a 5 in trades.
Hayes & Reddish bring it to $38.6mil

Edey is nice, but Ware looks like an interesting prospect too.

I worry about Edey’s lateral movement.
Not comparing Edey to Jokic but people forget Jokic was the 41st pick in the draft. Nobody expected Jokic to be an MVP.

My point is, skilled 7 footers don’t come along very often and if the opportunity to grab them is there, you do it. Edey has been the best player in college basketball the last two years.

Check out these numbers

I have little concerns with Edey when it comes to transitioning to the pro level. Playing with AD will help with that tremendously. IMO he is the best big man in college and he moves laterally better than people give him credit for
IMG_8059.jpeg
IMG_8060.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom