**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

giphy.gif

Here's hoping the 'No previous experience' experience is less Darvin Ham and more Larry Bird.
😬 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't think the whole team is being run back, but wonder if this is the "splashy" move of the team's offseason.

Don't think the whole team is being run back, but wonder if this is the "splashy" move of the team's offseason.
If the belief is the roster underachieved mostly because of coaching then I don’t see why they wouldn’t want to bring everyone back minus the guys who opt for and sign elsewhere.

It’s gon be nasty when we get blown out by 32 by the Pistons next season and JJ Reddick goes on his podcast to air everything out the same night.

If the belief is the roster underachieved mostly because of coaching then I don’t see why they wouldn’t want to bring everyone back minus the guys who opt for and sign elsewhere.

That would be a mistake we are nowhere near good enough to be a contender next season.

In reality only AD, Bron and AR have earned the right to come back next season.

Here's hoping the 'No previous experience' experience is less Darvin Ham and more Larry Bird.
😬 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bird never won a title as a rookie coach, or ever for that matter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cmon man, raise your standards. You want the next Lue, Kerr, or Riley NOT Bird

It’s gon be nasty when we get blown out by 32 by the Pistons next season and JJ Reddick goes on his podcast to air everything out the same night.
Once he is hired, or should I say IF he is hired, the podcast gotta go

I, for one, still don’t see him being the next Lakers coach. I’m not falling for the media hype just yet.

Bird never won a title as a rookie coach, or ever for that matter

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cmon man, raise your standards. You want the next Lue, Kerr, or Riley NOT Bird
Every single one of them had coaching experience before becoming HC.
👀 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Every single one of them had coaching experience before becoming HC.
👀 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
True but not head coaching experience so at the end of the day, Kerr, Lue, and Riles were all rookie head coaches when they became head coach.

Which makes Redick’s would-be task to coach the Lakers that much more daunting since he has never been an assistant let alone the head honcho

Big difference between what it means to be a head coach and an assistant…..As proven by Darvin Ham and Luke Walton, who aren’t championship level leaders of men.

IMO, since the Lakers like hiring former assistants to become HC, Borrego should be named head coach and Redick, Rondo, Handy, and Dudley should be the assistants.

Last edited:
That would be a mistake we are nowhere near good enough to be a contender next season.

In reality only AD, Bron and AR have earned the right to come back next season.
If you're 12 players away, is it really possible to assemble a championship roster in one summer?

If you're 12 players away, is it really possible to assemble a championship roster in one summer?

Dallas just did it. So technically yes, in a span from the draft to the trade deadline but they have to hit on every transaction like they did. They have the foundational pieces in AD and Bron which is the the start, but finding those ancillary pieces and them subsequently performing when you need them has been the issue for us.

In theory D'Lo, Rui, Vando should be a decent playoff rotation but for whatever reason they aren't good playoff players/liabilities on one end of the floor.

1717544487619.png

1717544337180.png

1717544374277.png

Pelinka vs Ainge

Ain’t no way Markannen will be traded to the Lakers. Not under Danny’s watch

I don’t see the Robfather duplicating what Ainge accomplished with the Celtics from 06 to 08 because Danny had the help of his buddy Kevin McHale who was Minnesota’s GM at the time and gifted the Celtics Kevin Garnett on a silver platter. KG was without a doubt THE Celtics’ MVP from 08-11, without KG and McHale teaming up to help Danny, the guys in green don’t got a chip since 86.

And Ain’t nobody gifting jack to Pelinka. Hence why Bron and Rich Paul play such a crucial part in all of this

Last edited:
Dallas just did it. So technically yes, in a span from the draft to the trade deadline but they have to hit on every transaction like they did. They have the foundational pieces in AD and Bron which is the the start, but finding those ancillary pieces and them subsequently performing when you need them has been the issue for us.

In theory D'Lo, Rui, Vando should be a decent playoff rotation but for whatever reason they aren't good playoff players/liabilities on one end of the floor.
Drafted Lively, traded for Gafford and PJ, signed Jones Jr... who else am I missing? Some of those guys were there the year before...Hardy, Hardaway, Green, Kleber (off the top of my head)

Anyhow, DLo/Vando/Rui would be fine individually if they were the weakest link next to 4 solid two way players but a combination of two or more of those guys at the same time there's going to be too many leaks on either side of the ball.

Dallas also has a mega star at 24-25 years old who put up 34/10/9 in 70 games and in the playoffs leads the NBA in:

Games
Minutes
FG's
FGA's
3's
3PTA's
FT's
FTA's
Def Rebounds
Tot Rebounds
Assists
Steals
Turnovers

Playing 41.5 minutes a night in the playoffs.

I'd say there's a little bit of a difference there between us and them.

Back
Top Bottom