**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm thinking 3-2 but it really doesn't matter since NOP/DAL/PHX/SAC ain't losing. If there's no chance of moving up, Bron/AD probably rest at least one of the last two.

It's crazy these dudes are 11 games over .500 after everything from the Rust trade to post IST of this season. They've been struggling to stay above water for over 2 years now and it's looking like they finally turned a corner, only for the West to be stacked up again. :smh:

With that being said, I still think they can beat everyone, sans a completely healthy DEN squad. ****, I think they could beat them too, but AD is the key, and he doesn't get Jokic in foul trouble and put pressure on the rim like he does 99% of other bigs.

The IST champ should get the benefit of an extra win. TF is the point of making an extra game they've played, not count? Give them that one advantage.

The IST champ should get the benefit of an extra win. TF is the point of making an extra game they've played, not count? Give them that one advantage.

Especially when every other IST game counted.

Hell even if it just gave the winning IST team an automatic tie breaker. That’s fair enough.

Otherwise why make guys play in a game that could derail an entire season if there’s an injury.

I'm thinking 3-2 but it really doesn't matter since NOP/DAL/PHX/SAC ain't losing. If there's no chance of moving up, Bron/AD probably rest at least one of the last two.
the team had chances to rest them earlier in the season and had them split rest days , some which didnt make any damn sense.

they know whats at stake and they dont want to be in a win or go home situation.

one of PHX (no heart and they could very well go 1-5 to end the season) / SAC (no monk and tough stretch of games aswell ) will slide, shieet NO has had a bad stretch missing BI

Phoenix is gonna drop at least two games.

The Pelicans probably won't do better than 3-3 over their last six games.

Kings have the Knicks, Thunder, Suns, Celtics, and the Pelicans h2h.

If we go 4-1, I think we slide into the 7th seed. If we go 5-0, we'll be 6th.

At this point late in the season, if we worried about seeding and who other teams are playing against this week just to matchup better with certain opponents come playoff time, then we ain’t ready to battle for the chip.

A real championship caliber team should be equipped to match up with and beat any contender in any given 7 game series and should never be concerned with how other teams will finish the season in hopes they can move up 2-3 spots just to avoid Denver or Minnesota.

Ham reaps what he sows and if the Lakers ain’t ready to compete with any of the top 2-3 seeds in round 1, then they ain’t ready to win it all like the 6 seed injury riddled Rockets did in ‘95

Last edited:
Thank you Knicks.

.5 game back and the Kings play the Celtics on the second night of a back to back in Boston.

Last edited:
I might be the only guy here who doesn't care much about any of that earlier season stuff... or any of this daily standing watch going on now.

The team is playing well now, that's mostly all that matters to me.

Looks like me and LeBron are on that same mindset
At this point late in the season, if we worried about seeding and who other teams are playing against this week just to matchup better with certain opponents come playoff time, then we ain’t ready to battle for the chip.

A real championship caliber team should be equipped to match up with and beat any contender in any given 7 game series and should never be concerned with how other teams will finish the season in hopes they can move up 2-3 spots just to avoid Denver or Minnesota.

Ham reaps what he sows and if the Lakers ain’t ready to compete with any of the top 2-3 seeds in round 1, then they ain’t ready to win it all like the 6 seed injury riddled Rockets did in ‘95

Coop’s jersey shoulda been retired decades ago, even if he never gets elected to the HOF

HOF is just the icing on the cake.

Without Coop, Bird and the Celtics likely beat the Lakers two times in the Finals instead of the other way around

Coop’s jersey shoulda been retired decades ago, even if he never gets elected to the HOF

HOF is just the icing on the cake.

Without Coop, Bird and the Celtics likely beat the Lakers two times in the Finals instead of the other way around

But it’s the Laker way. They only retire jerseys of HOF Laker greats

Back
Top Bottom