**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Oh look… after all the crying I saw on social media about Austin getting "benched" he still managed to play 35 minutes

#boohoo
Terrible move putting him in the SLU. Some players just have that type of game where sitting back for the first 6-8 minutes and then coming in with increased energy and tons of observation about how the game has already gone, that's how they operate. Manu, Lamar Odom, Reaves. Putting them in a starting role, that's not their game.
I hope this is permanent.

Older heads, did Devean ever have 'a game'? One isn't jumping out at me. And, man, he played with Kobe, Shaq, GP & Malone. Tough to carve out your own memorable game when playing with 3 amazing players and the best basketball-playing pedophile ever. 😬

So it's not that the answer* is 2-big. It's that the are multiple answers, depending on the other team's personnel on any given night. 👀
*'the answer' implies one answer
Styles make fights. Its always been about the matchups and the coaching strategy that goes along with it.

70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, 20s....nothing has changed. In the playoffs its always been about matchups. and most of the time the team that's more physical, rebounds better, controls the paint, and plays bigger wins.

The fact if the matter is, THIS Lakers team ain't a three point centric one, never has been. This Lakers team has proven to win MORE games when closing with a 2-Big lineup no matter who the opponent. And the fact of the matter is, since styles make fights and since in the playoffs it's all about the matchups....the fact is the Lakers are 0-7 vs DEN the last 7 meetings and Ham still ain't seen what a 2-Big or 3-Big lineup can do against DEN for sustained periods. And DEN, MIL, BOS....teams that will be there at the end and are team that go 2-Big like 65% of the timr, are the samr teams the Lakers will certainly lose to if LAL goes 1-Big 80-99% of the time.

My point? The answer is not 2-Big 100% of the time. I never said that. And I bet you or the 🤡 who can't stand me he has to ignore me LOL can't find a single receipt in here with me saying the Lakers need to play 2-Big all 48 minutes and that was the only answer.

The answer is 2-Big 65%-70% of the time not 1-Big 80-99% of the time. Why? Cause we have already seen they Lose more games than they win when going small the majority of time. Ntm, and ima repeat it again....the Last time the Lakers won a chip with AD and Bron, they went 2-Big lineup the majority of the time. So therefore that's this team's winning Formula.

Last edited:
Older heads, did Devean ever have 'a game'? One isn't jumping out at me. And, man, he played with Kobe, Shaq, GP & Malone. Tough to carve out your own memorable game when playing with 3 amazing players and time best basketball-playing pedophile ever. 😬
i dont know but one mavericks fan did make a devean george appreciation post on niketalk one time before

I wasn't mad at Cam with the starters. It's not much different from Milwaukee. They got Giannis and Lopez and they still have the worst defense and rebounding team because their backcourt is cheeks and Middleton working back from injury. Get some balance on the perimeter instead of two non guarding playmakers and it's a chain reaction thru the rest of the defense

Older heads, did Devean ever have 'a game'? One isn't jumping out at me. And, man, he played with Kobe, Shaq, GP & Malone. Tough to carve out your own memorable game when playing with 3 amazing players and time best basketball-playing pedophile ever. 😬
Screenshot_20231110_224013_Chrome.jpg

In other words to answer your question, No.

"A game" means you putting up a memorable 40+ points. Like the day Terrence Ross scored 50-something for Toronto and made like 10 threes and never coming close to it again for the rest of his career

If Cam can provide energy. And hit a couple of threes. That’s huge.

It’s what made Vando so valuable last year. If you can feel like you’re everywhere on the court to the other team. They start to **** themselves and make dumb mistakes.

Cam is basically a charmeleon version of Max. Yea he's playing like a smaller Vando (charizard). Vando has those games where he randomly hits 3+ threes and it swings a game. Doubt he ever shoots like that again but he's showing value

3rd Quarter it was DLo, AD and Bron
DLo was 7/2/3 with a +7
AD was 11/4/2 with a +1
LeBron 8/3/1 -1 though

4th Quarter it was Reaves, Cam and Bron
Reaves 6/5 +10
Reddish 9pts +11
Bron 5/6/2 +10

Just collectively good.

Just have to stop being **** in the 1st. And KD was just lights out all game made a 2nd, 3rd and 4th comeback take so much longer.

Rotations and starting lineup change make sense. As we’ve been saying, AR and DLo need to be separated/staggered. Cam and Prince are essentially 3/D roles in the corners, then have Bron/DLo for play-making and AD who needs touches. Still need to get the rebounding right

If Cam can do what he did yesterday on a consistent bases...

But if he was consistent he wouldn't have been able to get him on a min deal....

Vanderbelt and Cam at the 2 & 3. The defense would be elite
Bron at the 1
Cam at the 2
Vando at the 3
AD at the 4
Hassan at the 5

This what you thinking?

I mean, for years we started

6'9" Magic at the 1
6'4" Byron at the 2
6'9" Worthy at the 3
6'9" Green at the 4