**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

- AD played a phenomenal game on both ends
- No other Laker played above their means, Bron was below average by his standards
- The Warriors had good games from, Looney, Poole, & Wiggins.... Got 50+ from Steph A Klay
- they won the offensive rebound game by 1, tied in TO (less than 10)
- Went on a patented Warriors flurry of threes several times and we responded

All this on the road & they still won the game :pimp:, feeling better and better about this series. AD can't be asked to carry this kind of load every game but i don't think he will have too.

Dubs won’t play drop coverage vs D’lo and Reaves as much. If so, gotta punish them with Rui and lebron switched onto them by Poole or curry.

Also, they will hard double AD and any guard that penetrates. I’d play Beasley a bit to see how he does with open 3s

I don’t really like the playing guys all 12 minutes in the 3rd & 4th

AD 12 minutes in the 3rd. 12 minutes in the 4th
DLo 12 minutes in the 3rd. 4:14 in the 4th.
LeBron & AR 8 minutes in the 3rd. 12 minutes in the 4th.
Dennis 4 minutes in the 3rd. 12 in the 4th

I get why. But there’s also gotta be a counter balance.
The 14-0 run was entirely because of fatigue and poor rotations. Got sloppy and settled.
AD can’t play 24 minutes straight. It’s just not smart.
And you also can’t over rest somebody like he did DLo.
Or expect Dennis to go from managable minutes to 12 straight.

Even 1-2 minute rests in the 4th could be beneficial.

- AD played a phenomenal game on both ends
- No other Laker played above their means, Bron was below average by his standards
- The Warriors had good games from, Looney, Poole, & Wiggins.... Got 50+ from Steph A Klay
- they won the offensive rebound game by 1, tied in TO (less than 10)
- Went on a patented Warriors flurry of threes several times and we responded

All this on the road & they still won the game :pimp:, feeling better and better about this series. AD can't be asked to carry this kind of load every game but i don't think he will have too.

I’m def playing Wenyen 2 shifts next game. I think Ham went with AD playing all 24 minutes in the 2nd half because of how critical winning this game was.

I wanted the split initially, but **** it let’s take game 2 too. Hopefully we can get a vintage Lebron game and the Lakers win on Thursday. If we’re up 2-0 with 4 home games remaining, the series is over.

I don’t really like the playing guys all 12 minutes in the 3rd & 4th

AD 12 minutes in the 3rd. 12 minutes in the 4th
DLo 12 minutes in the 3rd. 4:14 in the 4th.
LeBron & AR 8 minutes in the 3rd. 12 minutes in the 4th.
Dennis 4 minutes in the 3rd. 12 in the 4th

I get why. But there’s also gotta be a counter balance.
The 14-0 run was entirely because of fatigue and poor rotations. Got sloppy and settled.
AD can’t play 24 minutes straight. It’s just not smart.
And you also can’t over rest somebody like he did DLo.
Or expect Dennis to go from managable minutes to 12 straight.

Even 1-2 minute rests in the 4th could be beneficial.
Ya man it doesn’t work. They played 12 in the fourth and it showed by the 5ish 4ish min mark they were so gassed.

Also lebron please stop taking off the dribble late shot clock 3s. If anything just let D’lo do it. Higher percentage

Also lebron please stop taking off the dribble late shot clock 3s. If anything just let D’lo do it. Higher percentage

That one in the last minute. I almost punted my phone.

i get not wanting to make a bunch of passes because it increases the risk of turnover. But up 3 and that’s the shot you take. I felt like Patrick Ewing in that moment.

That one in the last minute. I almost punted my phone.

i get not wanting to make a bunch of passes because it increases the risk of turnover. But up 3 and that’s the shot you take. I felt like Patrick Ewing in that moment.
Even an absolute single pick and roll would do wonder. Take a 20 footer at least. I’d prefer a fade away lol anything else

making a playoff run with no top 10 players :pimp:

6DE822C6-C17E-40E6-9CA4-8219ADD92144.png

Bill and his ringer are so stupid. :lol:

If we go undefeated at home and win all the game 1's, I feel like that's a title. Don't check the math.

I’m def playing Wenyen 2 shifts next game. I think Ham went with AD playing all 24 minutes in the 2nd half because of how critical winning this game was.

I wanted the split initially, but **** it let’s take game 2 too. Hopefully we can get a vintage Lebron game and the Lakers win on Thursday. If we’re up 2-0 with 4 home games remaining, the series is over.

Yea Darvin has been one to overplay the Bench more often than not, he realized the importance of this game & rode the guys that got em the lead. I think next game we'll see more variance off the bench, Rui has to play more man, preferably next to Bron & AD, they don't have players large enough to guard him with that skill set.

Yea Darvin has been one to overplay the Bench more often than not, he realized the importance of this game & rode the guys that got em the lead. I think next game we'll see more variance off the bench, Rui has to play more man, preferably next to Bron & AD, they don't have players large enough to guard him with that skill set.

Big facts. Rui was cooking em boys in the first half. I know it’s hard for him to chase the Warriors wings around but I would like more Rui minutes.

Can we hurry up and just sweep the Warriors aleeady so AD and Bron can get some much needed rest against the Nuggets and all their bigs the Lakers gotta deal with in the next round?

Can we hurry up and just sweep the Warriors aleeady so AD and Bron can get some much needed rest against the Nuggets and all their bigs the Lakers gotta deal with in the next round?

I’m not even entertaining any WCF or finals talk until we get 4 wins on the dubs, but what you mean “all their bigs”

Outside of Jokic all they have is Thomas Bryant and DeAndre Jordan. Lakers know all about those two lol.

I will admit AG has been playing well in a Nuggets jersey (shout out San Jose :pimp:), but he’s not a big.

I’m not even entertaining any WCF or finals talk until we get 4 wins on the dubs, but what you mean “all their bigs”

Outside of Jokic all they have is Thomas Bryant and DeAndre Jordan. Lakers know all about those two lol.

I will admit AG has been playing well in a Nuggets jersey (shout out San Jose :pimp:), but he’s not a big.
If you pay attention to the way the Nuggets play (btw I got a ton of fam in Colorado who are die hard Nuggets fans and they say all the time how their team is built like the 2020 Lakers team)...Aaron Gordon, Green, and Porter "play big." In fact AG is a legit 6'9" so he is in fact a PF, which in my book is a "big" in today's NBA

Gordon is a mf BEAST who ain't afraid to bang, board, and go up strong inside the paint. Porter gets easy buckets, dump offs, etc inside the paint because of all the attention Jokic draws. NTM MPJ can score from deep just like AG.

Jordan and Bryant are merely insurance for Jokic in case he gets in foul trouble.

DEN's "bigs" ain't their centers - its their power forwards who are versatile af.

Even the 6-5 Bruce Brown plays "big". He can play both forward positions depending on matchup.

I've been keeping a close eye on thr Nuggets since the laat 2 weeks of the regular season and boy are they stacked. Lakers will have a tough time against them

Last edited:
Bill and his ringer are so stupid. :lol:

If we go undefeated at home and win all the game 1's, I feel like that's a title. Don't check the math.
Technically, we can only have 2 Gm 1s left. 👀

What if we win 1 of the first 2 on the road, and all home games? Does the math work on that? 👀

What if we win 1 of the starting 2 road games, 2 of the 3 staggered home games, and 1 of the 2 remaining road games?

If you pay attention to the way the Nuggets play (btw I got a ton of fam in Colorado who are die hard Nuggets fans and they say all the time how their team is built like the 2020 Lakers team)...Aaron Gordon, Green, and Porter "play big."

Gordon is a mf BEAST who ain't afraid to bang, board, and go up strong inside the paint. Porter gets easy buckets inside the paint because of all the attention Jokic draws. NTM MPJ can score from deep just like AG.

Jordan and Bryant are merely insurance for Jokic in case he gets in goal trouble.

DEN's "bigs" ain't their centers - its their power forwards who are versatile af.

Even the 6-5 Bruce Brown plays "big". He can play both forward positions depending on matchup.

I've been keeping a close eye on thr Nuggets since the laat 2 weeks of the regular season and boy are they stacked. Lakers will have a tough time against them

I’m only focused on the dubs and the current series so this is the last statement I’ll make regarding Denver.

If the “big” battle is AD, Lebron, Rui, Wenyen vs Jokic, AG and Jeff Green, I am absolutely not worried in the slightest.

Jokic cant guard AD.
AD can guard Jokic.

The only big I’m worried about in the playoffs is Embiid. We can cross that bridge if/when we get there.

I’m only focused on the dubs and the current series so this is the last statement I’ll make regarding Denver.

If the “big” battle is AD, Lebron, Rui, Wenyen vs Jokic, AG and Jeff Green, I am absolutely not worried in the slightest.

Jokic cant guard AD.
AD can guard Jokic.

The only big I’m worried about in the playoffs is Embiid. We can cross that bridge if/when we get there.
Fair enough.

But I ain't worried about GSW and their smurf roster. It aint going more than 6 games unless Lakers start playing and coaching stupid.

As long as Lakers are focused, consistent contributions from The Others, and on point, we may even take em in 5.

Back
Top Bottom