**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Well this just got interesting.....

So, when we post DLo comparisons to other great PG's at the same stages of career, you was throwin a fit.

But now........this is ok? :nerd:
I don't see per 36. Or not exclusively leaning on stats so yea this is ok. Book has already gotten the Bean cosign as well. 

Ok, so then I won't use Per 36 either.

DLo has a higher PER than Booker, and in fewer minutes by about 6 a game mind you, and per 100 possessions, Booker has a 103 rating, and DLo 102, not to mention DLo has a higher VORP, and a higher WS/48, with lower usage, and again, fewer minutes.

You call Book elite. And DLo trash. Yet his non Per 36 all show better stats, in fewer minutes, with lower usage. This doesn't say anything to you? At all? You just want me to pretend none of that matters?

Was Kobe a number one option whose coach force fed him and enabled him to pad his stats at age 20?

This is an extremely fair question. And a good point.

I can get behind hybrid, I wouldn't argue with that.
This "elite PG potential" thing you're saying, that is just flat out wrong. Luke is tanking, and during that, he is seeing what Clarkson can do, what DLo can do, what Randle can do, who is affected by what, and how. For instance, does Clarkson and Randle click real well? Or does Zubac play off DLo at the 2? Or do they both play well off each other? Does DLo as an outlet shooter work better for Clarkson than Clarkson an outlet shooter for DLo, etc. Luke is doing exactly what he should be doing, you guys are so hard to read between the lines and decide DLo's entire future is being etched in stone because of this month stretch outside the starting "PG" spot.

And you're worried about DLo's defense, but Booker is going to be Kobe.........no worry about defense there........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You're absolutely right. It could just be that Luke's experimenting different lineups/positions. But, ask yourself, if Dlo showed the promise of being a great PG, meaning he had great decision-making, bball IQ and leadership, would this experimenting even be taking place? Probably not. If he showed all those abilities, coaches would say "he's our PG, he will be our PG for a long time, he has all the tools and abilities yada yada "

And :lol: at all ya'll reaching and clinging to the Kobe comment I made. All I'm saying is Booker has the scoring abilitiy to average 30 PPG and he has the tools to get 5 boards and 5 assists eventually as he develops. And, yes, those statistics are literally Kobe numbers. Not saying he will be All NBA defense, or clutch like Kobe in the big playoff moments (although he's hit a number of game winners in less than 2 years and at 19/20 years old)

I can get behind hybrid, I wouldn't argue with that.
This "elite PG potential" thing you're saying, that is just flat out wrong. Luke is tanking, and during that, he is seeing what Clarkson can do, what DLo can do, what Randle can do, who is affected by what, and how. For instance, does Clarkson and Randle click real well? Or does Zubac play off DLo at the 2? Or do they both play well off each other? Does DLo as an outlet shooter work better for Clarkson than Clarkson an outlet shooter for DLo, etc. Luke is doing exactly what he should be doing, you guys are so hard to read between the lines and decide DLo's entire future is being etched in stone because of this month stretch outside the starting "PG" spot.

And you're worried about DLo's defense, but Booker is going to be Kobe.........no worry about defense there........hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You're absolutely right. It could just be that Luke's experimenting different lineups/positions. But, ask yourself, if Dlo showed the promise of being a great PG, meaning he had great decision-making, bball IQ and leadership, would this experimenting even be taking place? Probably not. If he showed all those abilities, coaches would say "he's our PG, he will be our PG for a long time, he has all the tools and abilities yada yada "

And :lol: at all ya'll reaching and clinging to the Kobe comment I made. All I'm saying is Booker has the scoring abilitiy to average 30 PPG and he has the tools to get 5 boards and 5 assists eventually as he develops. And, yes, those statistics are literally Kobe numbers. Not saying he will be All NBA defense, or clutch like Kobe in the big playoff moments (although he's hit a number of game winners in less than 2 years and at 19/20 years old)

Of course he would. Remember what we are talking about, Luke is trying to run the GS system, that is based on player movement and the ball not sticking. Steph runs a play, Dray runs a play, Iggy runs a play, now KD does, the system runs the ball around.

Luke isn't going to slot DLo as ONLY a PG, and nothing more. He wants all his guys to be interchangable (someday)

Luke has stated, the kid does everything the coaches ask, he works hard, he listens, and he tries to do the right thing, the team, as a whole, just doesn't have the talent yet. But they are learning. And Luke is learning along with them. How JC handles things, what happens when Ingram is over here, or Zu does this, Randle, Nance, DLo, on down the line. You guys are expecting Luke to come in and make a 1988 lineup and stick to only that. We could see Ingram as a stretch 4, Randle as a small 5, we might even see DLo as a small 3 someday. There is no real traditional lineup with what they are trying to do. Luke moves pieces around, you see it as DLo did something wrong, he's out, traded, etc. When did Luke do this? When DLo was BALLING. Luke is experimenting and learning what the guys can do, and how they learn/grow. He's not indicting one player, who's 21 and was playing very well.

Where did I say D'Lo was trash? Like I said the stats don't tell the whole story. D'Lo had better stats last season yet Booker made the all rookie team over him. D'Lo has better stats this year but nearly every future prediction/ publication has Booker as the better player or rank the Suns ahead of us despite not having as many experienced young guys as we do. Mainly off the strength of one guy.

Booker can only do one thing yet most prognosticators would want him over D'Lo who 'does more'. I wonder why?

They'll be playing the same position going forward though so we'll see.

people can't even give props where it due booker going to be good talking about force feeding him smh they are developing him just like we are with Dlo Ingram

Everybody else sees it in Book but y'all. Also everyone else doesn't see what y'all see in D'Lo as well. [emoji]129300[/emoji]
Thats just FALSE. Go anywhere outside this thread and everybody sees what DLo can become :lol: it's just the question if he can unlock it or not. Cut that out g lol
Everybody actually doesnt know whats wrong with some of us and young DLo :lol: To say no one else sees it is a false statement. Quite a lot of people see it. Some dont, some do.

Players who've averaged 30, 5, and 5 in the modern era:

Kobe
Curry
Durant
LeBron
Jordan
T-Mac
Wade
Westbrook

I mean, that's pretty difficult. I think Booker can be a player, but that's a high bar.

Players who've averaged 30, 5, and 5 in the modern era:

Kobe
Curry
Durant
LeBron
Jordan
T-Mac
Wade
Westbrook

I mean, that's pretty difficult. I think Booker can be a player, but that's a high bar.

He averaging 22 @ 20 doe

Last edited:
Its just some of y'all are propping up Booker to downplay DLo which I just dont understand why. Booker plays for the Suns! He aint a Laker. Why do we even care.

DLo has been having a great 2nd half of the season. Shouldn't we be happy about that? :lol: I dont even understand what the point is anymore? Just to be right??
Whether he is on the ball or off it he is producing and still running the offense. What is y'all saaaayyiiinnnn :smh: he has a lot of deficiencies, hopefully he can overcome those.

Some in here are propping up DLo to downplay Book. Again I dont know why... Book is gonna be soooo dope. The boy just might be the 2nd coming of Kobe. Theres nothing wrong with that.
But what that gotta do with us. And what that gotta too with DLo.

DLo is 21 and I personally love what I am seeing. But am I know way satisfied and he has a lot of soul searching to do (like he has said and its been quoted) if he wants to be as great as he can be.

But just stop downplaying him. Downplaying him for not playing good. He is starting to play decent and now uplifting Booker to sideways downplay him again.

If DLo can't step up to the next level it will show and he will be outta here, which would be rightfully so. But he has continued to show growth so I dont know what the debate is about anymore.

If you never will like him until he totally proves you wrong then fine say that and everyone can move on as Lakers fans. The divide for 1 player is comical at this point lmao

Where did I say D'Lo was trash? Like I said the stats don't tell the whole story. D'Lo had better stats last season yet Booker made the all rookie team over him. D'Lo has better stats this year but nearly every future prediction/ publication has Booker as the better player or rank the Suns ahead of us despite not having as many experienced young guys as we do. Mainly off the strength of one guy.

Booker can only do one thing yet most prognosticators would want him over D'Lo who 'does more'. I wonder why?

They'll be playing the same position going forward though so we'll see.
I think we all like Booker (some a lot more than others).

The question is why is he being brought up so often? Also, and this is a crazy idea but....why can't they both be really good players?

I brought up Jokic being better than Randle earlier in the season, I haven't said anything about that in a while because it's not even a debate anymore.

Mamba, you've made good points about Dlo but it's clear and has been clear since draft day that you don't like him. First it was Oak now it's Booker.

You clearly watch a lot of ball and know your stuff but your bias against him kills your credibility, I can't take anything you say about him seriously.

On the flip side, guys have to stop bashing other players and being so defensive. 

Booker v. Dlo is a great debate. Saric v. Randle is fun. Jaylen Brown v. Ingram.

These are good debates and yes we're all Lakers fans but we can still appreciate other players. Some of the guys could be #futurelakers for all we know
nerd.gif

Its just some of y'all are propping up Booker to downplay DLo which I just dont understand why. Booker plays for the Suns! He aint a Laker. Why do we even care.

DLo has been having a great 2nd half of the season. Shouldn't we be happy about that? :lol: I dont even understand what the point is anymore? Just to be right??
Whether he is on the ball or off it he is producing and still running the offense. What is y'all saaaayyiiinnnn :smh: he has a lot of deficiencies, hopefully he can overcome those.

Some in here are propping up DLo to downplay Book. Again I dont know why... Book is gonna be soooo dope. The boy just might be the 2nd coming of Kobe. Theres nothing wrong with that.

DLo is 21 and I personally love what I am seeing. But am I know way satisfied and he has a lot of soul searching to do (like he has said and its been quoted) if he wants to be as great as he can be.

But just stop downplaying him. Downplaying him for not playing good. He is starting to play decent and now uplifting Booker to sideways downplay him again.

If DLo can't step up to the next level it will show and he will be outta here, which would be rightfully so. But he has continued to show growth so I dont know what the debate is about anymore.

If you never will like him until he totally proves you wrong then fine say that and everyone can move on as Lakers fans. The divide for 1 player is comical at this point lmao

It's the whip effect

DLo has been having a great 2nd half of the season. Shouldn't we be happy about that?
laugh.gif
I dont even understand what the point is anymore? Just to be right??
Whether he is on the ball or off it he is producing and still running the offense. What is y'all saaaayyiiinnnn
mean.gif
he has a lot of deficiencies, hopefully he can overcome those.

Thank you. 

IMO that's not healthy debate.

Booker was brought up because of the futures article that was posted. He's brought up sometimes because our fortunes in the draft lottery are directly tied to how the Suns do. Leemelone and others bring him up when he struggles shooting. Not all of it is comparison. But I quite frankly don't see the issue, comparisons are going to happen, even more now that it looks like they'll be playing the same position.

My personal animus towards D'Angelo hasn't stopped me from softening my stance on him considerably, but let y'all tell it I am actively campaigning for him to be gone. You see what you want to see. I ain't got nothing to do with that. I'm actually quite pleased Puke moved him off ball. It was long overdue.

Man y'all don't need to keep bringing up Booker in here. :lol: Y'all just looking for ways mention him. And it shows in y'all already crowning and overrating him with these ridiculous "In 2-3 years he'll do this" type predictions. Make a thread for him or something.

Back
Top Bottom