**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

continually blaming the coach for every single issue
Yeah literally, and I mean literally, no one blames him for every single issue.

No one blames Vogel for Russy's side-of-the-backboard shots. No, the problems with Russ are on Russ.

No one blames Vogel for injuries. No, the problems with injuries, it's just part of sports.

Bllaming Vogel for coaching problems is fair, but to you, there's no such thing as coaching problems if you have an injury riddled roster.

You're completely oblivious to coaching issues if there are bigger smoke & mirror issues to blame.

There can be poor coaching and other huge problems.
There can be poor coaching and other smaller problems.
There can be poor coaching and no other problems.

There can be elite coaching and other huge problems.
There can be elite coaching and other small problems.
There can be elite coaching and no problems.

If you agree with all 6 of those, cool. We're saying the first one. Kuzma & Trez were misused under Frank. That has nothing to do with injuries this year. There are examples of poor coaching given the dire roster circumstances; like those 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

-foe

"No one blames"

But fire him.

:lol: :rofl:

I'm not sure I understand the misuse of Kuz/Harrell. Kuz improved defensively under Vogel, Harrell is not a defender thus was never really a fit with Vogel. Not sure how/why someone would think they were misused. But I get it, everyone wants him gone. So just hurry up already LA so I can watch y'all blame the next suit, and the next, and the next etc etc etc. Literally every ****ing coach we've had after Phil you guys have wanted out asap. Literally every single one. :lol:

"No one blames"

But fire him.

:lol: :rofl:
... him for Russ.

... him for injuries.

Just picking apart snippets and using them as full quotes shows the level of effort you're putting forth in even trying to understand, whether or not you agree. Understanding is separate from agreeing. You're not even trying to understand. Everyone who disagrees with you on anything is just fodder for your sarcasm & mockery. ✌

-foe

... him for Russ.

... him for injuries.

Just picking apart snippets and using them as full quotes shows the level of effort you're putting forth in even trying to understand, whether or not you agree. Understanding is separate from agreeing. You're not even trying to understand. Everyone who disagrees with you on anything is just fodder for your sarcasm & mockery. ✌

-foe

I’m sorry, but I do not agree. I know I’m tired and frustrated listening to all of you blame Vogel and then say “we aren’t blaming ALL of it, on Vogel” while wanting him fired. But I have countered your points.

Rotations!!!! I pointed out already, he’s played, literally EVERYBODY, in different forms and units. Including guys off the street. (and indictment on the roster)

Adjustments!!!! Like what? What adjustments has he not made? What adjustments do you expect to work, with this current roster construction? He’s literally tried every damn thing. For **** sakes, he has LeBron James playing Center in his 19th season, what the **** more do you want him to try? :lol:

I completely forgot to list THT as a player option that is available, and he hasn’t hit a jumper since Clinton was in office. These are his options man.

A trash DJ
A trash Bazemore
A trash Rondo (Gone now)
A trash Isaiah Thomas (Gone now)
A trash Darren Collison (Gone now)
A semi trash Bradley
A semi trash Melo (Plays well in spurts, but is food on defense and on nights where he hasn’t had rest and his legs are shot, he moves to trash.)
An undrafted rookie Reaves. (He’s top 7 in our roster, which is not speaking highly of him, but poorly of our roster)
A semi trash Dwight
A semi trash THT
A semi trash Ariza
A semi trash Stanley Johnson (who looks amazing on this roster, which speaks volumes, he’s the Earl Clark of the team)
Monk (Possibly my favorite player this season)
Russ
AD
Bron
Nunn (DNP, entire season)

So, as I have been doing, the entire time, what OPTIONS does this, or any Head Coach have? You have 2-3 really key pieces you can use, a serviceable 2-3 more, and thassit. After that you are playing trash. Melo good offense, trash defense. Dwight good defense, trash offense.

You have an old team, with limited amount of bodies, meaning you either ask them to play 35+ minutes every single game (and you leave out the fact that multiple of these guys have been in and out of the lineup all year)

BEST case, I mean the BEST of cases, you are able to play the 3 stars and they play well. Then Monk/Melo/Dwight/THT play well off the bench with no issues, no tired legs, no leaks on defense. (not high likelihood there….)

You can’t stagger all the minutes, because you have limited bodies that can be on the floor and not limit either the offense or the defense.

Russ (ugh)
Monk/Reaves
Stanley/Melo
Bron/Ariza
AD/Dwight

Then you ask Bron to help with the PG duties a lil, oh, also the Center duties when Dwight can’t go. Can’t have any foul trouble. Reaves/Melo need to not get beat like a drum on defense, and Russ has to keep the turnovers and airballs to a min, and AD/Bron/Monk have to play lights out…..to squeak out home games vs below .500 teams. This, for the entire rest of the season. MAYBE, you get a few spot minutes from Bradley here or there.

Then, on top of that, I have asked repeatedly for better alternatives at the Suit position. It’s not gonna be Kerr, or Pop, or Spo. The Bucks HC is out. So who is an upgrade at HC? Rambis? Doc Rivers? ( :lol: )

Firing a coach that won a title 18 months ago just to fire the coach does, what, exactly for the franchise? What coach comes in and changes those trash and semi trash options?

Black and white, grey, gray, violet with a touch of crimson orange turquoise, nice, angry, funny or dumb, I have given you guys every single angle there is. The options available. Hell, we don’t even know the other details like a guy has an ankle issue we don’t know about, or a guy is a lil under the weather, or whatever other little details come up from game to game that we don’t know about. Not to mention matchups, like how he said he would play Bradley vs small guards, but not bigger guards. Vs Jokic with a Center, vs other teams can use AD as the Center, etc.

The roster needed to have everything go perfect. We left ourselves no room for injuries or drop off from any of the big 3. We let Caruso walk for nothing. We needed the old guys to play great. (and surprise surprise, they’ve all been hurt multiple times. We let Gasol retire so we could sign DJ.

Rob prolly gonna let him walk for NOTHING smhhhh

They’ll figure out a way to keep Monk

They can’t be that stupid to let him walk, actually…..
Only problem is the team can only give him $6M this summer (taxpayer MLE). There's nothing they can do if a team offers him $10M a year.

But again, maybe they can persuade him to take the $6M and then get a bigger payday in 2023.

Only problem is the team can only give him $6M this summer (taxpayer MLE). There's nothing they can do if a team offers him $10M a year.

But again, maybe they can persuade him to take the $6M and then get a bigger payday in 2023.
Very few teams are gonna have any meaningful cap space so at least that looks good for us.

Only teams with any real cap is Pistons, Spurs, and Magic I believe

The whole economics of the team might change with a Russ trade though

Schroeder/Caruso
KCP/THT/Reaves
Kuzma/Melo
Bron/Harrell/Jackson (22nd Pick)
AD/Dwight

If we had this roster instead of Russ, and maybe still found a way to bring in Monk, does everyone sign up for this? Or is everyone glad guys like Schroeder and Kuz are gone? Not sure if Gasol would have stayed too in this instance.

Very few teams are gonna have any meaningful cap space so at least that looks good for us.

Only teams with any real cap is Pistons, Spurs, and Magic I believe
When I was referring to the $10M, I was referring to the full MLE and not a team using cap space to sign Monk. I suppose the Pistons could make sense from that cap space group. I think the Pacers will have cap space now after yesterday's trade.
The whole economics of the team might change with a Russ trade though
Enough to use the full MLE or have cap space? I have my doubts.

Schroeder/Caruso
KCP/THT/Reaves
Kuzma/Melo
Bron/Harrell/Jackson (22nd Pick)
AD/Dwight

If we had this roster instead of Russ, and maybe still found a way to bring in Monk, does everyone sign up for this? Or is everyone glad guys like Schroeder and Kuz are gone? Not sure if Gasol would have stayed too in this instance.

Caruso/Reaves/Rondo
Buddy/KCP/Monk?
Bazemore? Ariza? Stanley?
Bron/Melo
AD/Dwight

Throw in the 22nd pick and MLE signing (Nunn?). There's a giant sized hole at SF. I like Kuz's development last season, but after his playoff stinker there was no way he could return. So Kuz, Trezz are gone for Buddy. I don't think anyone was sad that Schroeder left, bball wise. The way Gasol was treated, I don't think he was returning except to collect the money that was owed to him.

la.PNG

If we can't move him, just keep him for now and try again next season. No need to take on Eric Gordon for all that.

Don't know why we cant just offer DJ, Bazemore and a second round pick for Torrey Craig or someone of the likes. :smh:

None of us know what we have or have not offered.

Nobody wants to help the Lakers get out of trouble, that we know!

They only want to hurt us (see Russ trade). Washington still can’t believe they found a dumb *** front office like ours

If we can't move him, just keep him for now and try again next season. No need to take on Eric Gordon for all that.

Don't know why we cant just offer DJ, Bazemore and a second round pick for Torrey Craig or someone of the likes. :smh:
I wouldn't hate a trade for Eric Gordon, though it would suck to lose 2027. I just worry about his health, but he would eat next to Bron and AD.

Back
Top Bottom