**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Here is what I don't understand...

We all saw the reports of the meeting Bron and AD had this summer.

They met with Dame, they met with Demar...then met with Russ...

And somehow they thought Russ was the best fit....

Low IQ.
Made the mistake of choosing the homie it seems . Russ already was going over Bron /rich houses to play poker lol.

Guess they went with him because of the relationship they already had smh

they couldn’t get Dame because Portland would’ve never done a trade to help the Lakers.

DeMar signed for like 30 million a year. How would the Lakers have done that when they have no cap space? Why would San Antonio do a sign & trade with the Lakers?

they couldn’t get Dame because Portland would’ve never done a trade to help the Lakers.

DeMar signed for like 30 million a year. How would the Lakers have done that when they have no cap space? Why would San Antonio do a sign & trade with the Lakers?

Maybe you just don't make a move....

I don't know...but making the move for Russ just ain't it.

Also, it will be interesting to see what portland does now with a new GM.

They don't want to give dame an extension....maybe a 3 team trade can be worked...but honestly hell EVERYONE but Bron should be on the block.

264F953D-F0A4-4BE8-B993-86FF2BFF7656.jpeg

How many current title contenders have a legit big three? Mil, BK in the East…Phx, GS in the west. So I’m guessing the line of thinking is that the Lakers needed a third star. Dame was not obtainable this summer, Hield isn’t a star and DDR wasn’t obtainable. With Russ at least you have a 3rd guy who can possibly win the matchup at his position, and that takes some of the pressure of Bron and AD.

Being cheap cost the team short on depth two legitimate role players, and having 8 or whatever it is min contract guys just means that your max guys have to be at an all nba level to fill in the margins and that hasn’t happened. It is what it is, I’m not really into crying over spilled milk.

Low IQ.

Dame didn’t want to leave
Demar would’ve been a sign and trade that hardcapped them even more so I think

Low IQ.
Same with Drummond and DJ. They are horrible and want to play with their friends. Kobe would never

2020 Season opener against the Clippers on NBA TV right now.

Last year's roster was 🔥 before injuries.
Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the consensus in here was that last year team sucked…

No one liked Dennis.
KCP and Kuz frustrating play
Questioning fit of Gasol and Trez
The Drummond experience
Keef being washed

Trying to think of I’m missing something…

We actually really have time to turn this around. If we can get healthy

The problem is we’ll never have our full roster healthy for 25+ consecutive games to get some rhythm and chemistry

The team is OLD and injury prone.

Just once this season I'd like to see what a Russ Reaves Ariza LBJ and AD lineup would look like on the floor.

Cmon Basketball gods yall owe us one lol

We actually really have time to turn this around. If we can get healthy

The problem is we’ll never have our full roster healthy for 25+ consecutive games to get some rhythm and chemistry

The team is OLD and injury prone.
There's plenty time. Trev back and looking decent. Nunn gon come back and help.

Start Nunn. Have Monk & THT come off the bench. Start Dwight. No more DJ. Sign a big, and we'll turn it around like that.

However, it's little things like not playing Rondo and DJ that will matter. Rondo (at this moment) & DJ have no use in playing. They are a net negative and it's a shame that Frank and now Fizdale can't see that.

Last edited:
Trev back and looking decent. Nunn gon come back and help.

Start Nunn. Have Monk & THT come off the bench. Start Dwight. No more DJ. Sign a big, and we'll turn it around like that. However, it's little things like not playing Rondo and DJ that will matter.

You’re making an assumption more old players won’t get hurt

There's plenty time. Trev back and looking decent. Nunn gon come back and help.

Start Nunn. Have Monk & THT come off the bench. Start Dwight. No more DJ. Sign a big, and we'll turn it around like that.

However, it's little things like not playing Rondo and DJ that will matter. Rondo (at this moment) & DJ have no use in playing. They are a net negative and it's a shame that Frank and now Fizdale can't see that.
our coaching staff wont let that happen

we really had a xhance to win last night but this clown fizdale insisted on playing rondo, deandre, and tht when they were struggling so ******* much.

thats just bad coaching

Back
Top Bottom