**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Baze has been having the worst season of his career after a decent start. He's been a 2/3 but I don't think he can play the 3 anymore and there's too many guards for him to really get minutes there the way he's been looking. He's been worse than the charmander version of KCP when he first got here

Re-read the Athletic article, minus the fluff this is the part that stands out to me:

A3177E8B-04E5-4964-8528-D43504F2DBFC.jpeg

I can’t call the Lakers cheap when they have one of the 5 highest payrolls in the league. Most of those teams made tough decisions this offseason letting key guys go (Mil - PJ Tucker, Nets - Jeff Green, Clippers would have but Batum and Jackson both arguably took below market value deals since they’ve gotten huge paydays already)

Not many teams are going deep into the luxury tax for a role player. Warriors did that for oubre last year and didn't even make the playoffs. And not many teams can actually plug in viable if not better alternatives when they dodge the tax

He will get a hell of an ovation during pregame.

He will get a video as well (They gave one to Khief at the Heat game I went to during a time out in the first qtr).

It’s not just fitting everyone in the salary cap. It’s giving players minutes. I bet Baze, Monk, Ellington (and maybe even Reaves) were given promises that if you play here for the minimum, we’ll give you proper opportunities/minutes to show your value.

You won’t be able to attract as many minimum level guys if you’re paying Russ, THT and Caruso 65 million dollars a year on top of a guaranteed 80-90 minutes a night.

Not comparing the levels of player but this line of reasoning is way off and it’s how we got Deng and Moz.
I guess this is where we differ. I prefer Caruso to all our vet min (plus Nunn) guys.
If you value those guys over AC then yea I get your take.

It is what it is. At the least can use as trade asset but too bad our owner is too poor

Hate to burst y’all bubble but Caruso is getting mvp chants tonight. He will be cheered. Guarenteed

he has a cult following. Whites stick to whites.

Caruso is a very good perimeter defender. But when you commit your team to playing Lebron ball, you need 3 pt shooters. And caruso couldn’t make shots consistently

he’s another casualty of the style of ball the organization committed to

Caruso is a very good perimeter defender. But when you commit your team to playing Lebron ball, you need 3 pt shooters. And caruso couldn’t make shots consistently

he’s another casualty of the style of ball the organization committed to
So u sign him and then trade him later.

I predict Bulls by 10 and DLF DLF finally sticks the fork in the outlet after Russ's 12th turnover.
No no

I think I lakers win today.

which means they will lose. Dammit.

Heart says Lakers.
But brain says: we cannot stop scoring guards/wings.

Lillard
SGA
Curry/poole
Booker/cp3
D’lo/edwards

Now Lavigne/DeRozan.

Back
Top Bottom