**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Yeah it’s one thing to have a struggle offense last year with below average offensive players but no excuse for that this season. Any decent offensive minded coach probably would have these guys scoring 120-130 a night 😂

We know the Lakers are cheap, cause there’s literally no reason not to have someone like a Gentry on the squad in an offensive coordinator type role.
This is why I think if pressure builds mid season and team still looks like trash they will make the move to bring in an offensive coach. It will be a Hail Mary bc lord knows a team that changes coaches mid season NEVER wins a title but it will be out of desperation. We will know by January unless injuries continue to pile ip

just getting tht back today and then lebron next game will be HUGE for us

This is why I think if pressure builds mid season and team still looks like trash they will make the move to bring in an offensive coach. It will be a Hail Mary bc lord knows a team that changes coaches mid season NEVER wins a title but it will be out of desperation. We will know by January unless injuries continue to pile ip

just getting tht back today and then lebron next game will be HUGE for us
Lebron is a one man offensive system so things will at least look passable while he’s on the floor. AD is still one of the best finishers in the game but he’s not a playmaker, rarely does he make the pass out of the double team to make a team pay. Wish that they’d run more stuff to get him on the move, or off ball action with the other guys so the defense can’t just key on him all the time. There’s a similar issue with Russ, put him in pick and roll or even just run shooters off pin downs…simple reads and obvious counters based on the defense. Some of his turnovers are a result of no action/sets, just a bunch of guys standing around and he has to kinda just make something happen. That’s when he’s going to settle for a jumper, or maybe drive into the lane and probably jump in the air thinking pass with no one in particular in mind 😂

I think the only way Vogel is fired is either if the team quits playing hard for him OR the losses start piling up and they need a fall guy. Once they only gave him the one year extension the writing is on the wall…just a matter of when. Maybe (prob wouldn’t put any money on it) he survives long enough to make it to the end of Lebron’s current contract.

Don’t know who’s available now to bring in to help the offense that would realistically make a difference. I’m a firm believer that damn the injuries the Lakers need to lean Bron and AD at the 4/5 but without size on the wings they’re going to get crushed on the boards.

Yeah I’m just rambling now and sounding like a broken record so I’ll stop here 😂

Reactions: DLF
My HOFers comment was a joke. Casuals thought we were so stacked. Omg seven all stars on one team!!!

It is interesting...when this team was put together there was a super team narrative.

Now that we haven't had the best start, all our guys are washed.

If we some how won a chip (not expecting it), I bet the super team narrative comes back around.

Let get this win today.

Vogel got Rondo and russ on the court together.

We are getting killed on the board and he has 4 guards out there...

Maybe it’s our fault as fans

maybe we should just treat Russ like a role player. Drop your expectations significantly. We have 1 of our big two out. Of course we aren’t dominant. Once lebron comes back it will be better and Russ can drop back down into his slot as the 4-6th best player.

by playoff times tht may be our pg anyways lol

Well whaddayaknow....

Inside-Out. AD gets doubled in the post, throws it out to the perimeter, we swing it to the open man and knock down a wide open three.

In rhythm. With their defense now focused on AD down low since we mixing him up in the post and on PNR, we all of a sudden knocking down open threes.

Simple, winning basketball

Not rocket science when you have a bonafide low post threat on ur team.

Vogel needs to realize that there are times we must use AD like Duncan and other times we can use him like KG or prime Shawn Kemp depending on who or what the opposition is giving us.

Back
Top Bottom