**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

We have nearly 0 trade assets. Tht is it. 9.5 mill. Most we can get is a player in the 12-13 mill range. If we are trading tht that means he sucks so bad that no other team would want him anyways. The idea that we would trade tht after choosing him over Caruso and plus his klutch connection means we have failed miserably this year.

he’s bringing up cheap players bc a more realistic option is Nunn as a trade asset. 5 mill is all he makes. So you can only bring back an appx 5 mill a year player.
How about no.

I already laid out my reasoning behind a proposed THT trade…pretty sure you read it, because you copied and pasted my idea but exchanged one min player guy for another.

Yes THT would have to be traded to bring back an impactful wing. But no not because of him not playing well…that would actually tank his value…but because him and Nunn are the only guys outside the big 3 not on minimum contracts (already mentioned this).

Like I mentioned in my reply to P… we all know how the Laker front office operates. Odds are extremely high that they are not trading for anyone on that list. It’s going to be for someone with a name…either via trade, or even a washed up one that becomes available on the buyout market.

Reactions: DLF
And the reason I said include Ellington and keep Monk is they both are negatives on D… but Monk at least gives you some secondary ball handling/spark plug ability as a 3rd guard…potential ceiling raiser.

How about no.

I already laid out my reasoning behind a proposed THT trade…pretty sure you read it, because you copied and pasted my idea but exchanged one min player guy for another.

Yes THT would have to be traded to bring back an impactful wing. But no not because of him not playing well…that would actually tank his value…but because him and Nunn are the only guys outside the big 3 not on minimum contracts (already mentioned this).

Like I mentioned in my reply to P… we all know how the Laker front office operates. Odds are extremely high that they are not trading for anyone on that list. It’s going to be for someone with a name…either via trade, or even a washed up one that becomes available on the buyout market.
Geez say it don’t spray it

How about no.

Why would we trade tht if he is playing well enough to bet us a “big name”

We traded kuzma kcp and Harrell bc they sucked for us

Why would we trade tht if he is playing well enough to bet us a “big name”

We traded kuzma kcp and Harrell bc they sucked for us
To fill a position of need.

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not ready to drive over to THT’s house and pack his bags…far from it, I like him. But I can’t see this team finishing the season and heading into the playoffs actually relying on Trevor Ariza as a primary wing defender (don’t really want Lebron taking that assignment full time) for obvious reasons.

To fill a position of need.

Now don’t get me wrong I’m not ready to drive over to THT’s house and pack his bags…far from it, I like him. But I can’t see this team finishing the season and heading into the playoffs actually relying on Trevor Ariza as a primary wing defender (don’t really want Lebron taking that assignment full time) for obvious reasons.
Or if we get lucky and keep tht, trde Nunn for small name guy then also add buyout guy a la Morris. That would be 3 wings right there plus lebron

The Lakers org as a whole seems to think THT has tremendous upside, Why would they trade him for some random role player. He's not getting us back some elite defensive guy so what's the point.

Fanbase spent all of the past two years screaming about how we need shooters and you can't win with defense, L.A through all their chips in that basket now everyone i screaming about defensive players again :lol:

Last edited:
Lebron and AD are so good that we don’t need. Another big name. The other day with Reaves baze and bradley we looked pretty good. Just go and get a couple more tough 6’8-9 guys and we set

I’m out right now, so just reading and replying on my phone but yo wasn’t that question JUST answered already? Sheesh

please take that somewhere else captain america,

Laker fans this season have sounded like ALA more than them. Just dooms day scenarios for everyone & everything. Iching to place blame on someone & redo the whole roster.

AD looks like he's seriously hurt the other day & before one post about hoping he's alright a bunch of "fans" calling him soft or calling him nicknames. The **** is corny forreal but i've grown use to it in the social media era.

please take that somewhere else captain america,

Laker fans this season have sounded like ALA more than them. Just dooms day scenarios for everyone & everything. Iching to place blame on someone & redo the whole roster.

AD looks like he's seriously hurt the other day & before one post about hoping he's alright a bunch of "fans" calling him soft or calling him nicknames. The **** is corny forreal but i've grown use to it in the social media era.
ED6A9894-2C60-4D5F-A30E-E62F704ACD36.jpeg

Yes it’s only been a handful of games in the new season.
Yes there are guys who are currently injured who would probably be regular rotation guys.
Yes most of the fan base actually likes all of our current players with the exception of Russ.
Yes it’s probably too early to have serious trade talk discussions but it’s a slow news day…unless yall want to talk about why you hate Russ because that one never gets old.

Anyhow all things considered I don’t have a problem with the way the Lakers have started the season…even said after last nights game that they appear to be figuring some things out.

I hate any laker that a) won’t play hard or b) makes stupid boneheaded plays repeatedly that lead to losses. Lebron ad etc. they can all get my wrath if they don’t play well.

live look at me watching games:

BF04DC11-9729-4E91-BA8D-B3F973B2FBB0.jpeg

Lebron and AD are so good that we don’t need. Another big name. The other day with Reaves baze and bradley we looked pretty good. Just go and get a couple more tough 6’8-9 guys and we set
I like all those guys you mentioned. This was my ideal rotation based on who’s available (posted a page or so ago):

Russ/AB/Rondo
Baze/Reaves/Monk
Bron
AD/Melo
DJ/Dwight

So once the squad is at full strength we talking:
Russ/AB/Nunn/Rondo
Baze/Reaves/Monk = Ellington (flip a coin)
Bron/THT/Ariza/Baze
AD/Melo/Bron/Ariza
DJ/Dwight/AD

It’s cool to have bodies to eat up regular season minutes, but at the same time eventually Vogel will have to settle for what a 9 man playoff rotation. Again, keeping an eye out for the future, do you have 9 you trust here for a full playoff run? If they traded Nunn for Josh Jackson or Finney Smith would you trust them? These are the questions that I need answers for this season, not really the Russ puzzle.

Team has 9 new players, is missing 4 rotation guys, & is only 6 games in. This really is the worst fanbase in the NBA forreal :lol:

I'm normally on this side but it's because we're only 6 game in and we've already had a historic blow lead to a trash team, down double digits to bad teams (like last night). Russ and his ugly *** turnovers, then Bron came back and 7 more turnovers. AD rubbing his knees every play. Dudes injured in October. It's a lot already. :lol:

Caught up with the Cleveland game. Team gon be dangerous once (if?) the defense tightens up. Got too many scoring options. Melo Jersey will for sure he copped. And Austin Reaves is legit.

Back
Top Bottom