**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

udnguh7nblg71.jpg

This Lakers team looks even better on paper than the Laker squads of the last 2 years.

Anything less than a .750 regular season winning percentage is an underachievement

How is it bad asset management? No one wanted him for the money he wanted. We filled out our team so a trade wasn’t worth it at this point. What am I missing?

Last off-season we gave up Danny Green, a starter on a championship team, and a first-round pick for Dennis Schroeder and the following offseason we lose Dennis Schroeder and receive nothing in return.
Giving up assets to acquire something and then losing that newly acquired asset for nothing is poor asset management. That goes for a basketball team or running a business.

Frankly, losing Dennis and Caruso and receiving nothing in return (no players, no picks, no trade exceptions) It's just a sign of bad asset management. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of the moves that Rob has made this summer but he hasn't been perfect.

Last edited:
It’s not bad asset management. It’s a worthy gamble that didn’t work out. Last year’s team was doing nothing bringing Danny Green back. The pick wouldn’t have helped last year and even if it did, the pick would’ve been shipped out for Russy.

The Lakers rebounded off the Dennis situation by acquiring Russy. Don’t see how that’s an L for LA.

The angle I could see is if Dennis accepted the extension, he would’ve been moved for Russ and KCP might still be a Laker (even tho the tax bill would be crazy). That’s the only way you could convince me the lakers played their hand wrong.

The Lakers knew the second the season ended we weren't bringing him back... So in that sense it's bad asset management to get nothing for him when you had no intention of bringing him back

But we got someone who's twice the player and a guy that teammates actually like. Tremendous offseason in my opinion.

Idk if it’s just me but I cannot stand that Anthony Irwin dude. His voice is hellllllllaaa annoying and his takes are usually trash. I know I’m hating but bruh annoys the hell out of me.

This is illogical
Shroeder wasn’t coming back here for 5.9 mill. He would have wanted 4/84. Kind of bad form to give him much less. Maybe4/75. Therefore the former scenario fatboy Anthony states is not even possible.

also it wasn’t “or just westbrook”

it’s “or Westbrook,Ellington, monk and Nunn”

I choose the latter 11/10 times

Idk if it’s just me but I cannot stand that Anthony Irwin dude. His voice is hellllllllaaa annoying and his takes are usually trash. I know I’m hating but bruh annoys the hell out of me.
I try to support the Laker bloggers, but ya he's not very good at communication on his podcasts. :lol:

Is it considered bad asset management if the asset isn’t yours anymore? Man is a FA the only way to guarantee a return was to trade him before the deadline which obviously wasn’t going to happen. Caruso was offered a deal and took another one from a different team, his choice.

This is why I was such a big advocate for the Kyle Lowry trade at the time. We knew that there was a chance we might lose Schroeder and/or THT for nothing. I would have rather recouped an asset like Kyle Lowry as opposed to letting Schroeder walk for nothing.

This has nothing to do with me liking Schroeder, it's just about how you handle the assets on your team. Giving up assets to acquire a player and then losing said player for nothing the following golf season is just a poor way to run a team.

Back
Top Bottom