**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

There were times last season when LeBron rolled his ankle, retired his shoes and was catching alley-oops 5 minutes later. The high ankle sprain is serious. I still don't think that father time has caught up with LeBron. He won finals MVP 7 months ago and was the leading MVP candidate 3 months ago, He didn't instantly become washed, he's just nursing a freak injury. High ankle sprains have 22 year olds out for months too.

I fully expect LeBron to be his MVP self next season
Maybe but at this point id rather get a third guy
Sacrifice a bit of the defense and depth for scoring and said third guy lol
Let Lebron play off ball more and post

Maybe but at this point id rather get a third guy
Sacrifice a bit of the defense and depth for scoring and said third guy lol
Let Lebron play off ball more and post

Of course I would like a third star I just don't see a route for us to get there.

In his first year here there was a game where someone crashed into LeBron's knee and bent it back a la Bynum and this dude just kept playing like nothing happened. Before the ankle sprain you didn't even hear any of the washed talk like you did the past two seasons which is crazy for a 36 y/o 18 year vet. He's not a human being

tupac003 tupac003 Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 I got yall

I’m hopeful that someone will get Kidd out of here.
We need a real offensive coordinator next to Vogel.

I don't know if anyone follows the draft, but two guys I would target with #22 if they keep the pick:

Chris Duarte (Oregon)
Trey Murphy (Virginia)

Duarte is old for a draft prospect, but he has a good skill set to come in and contribute immediately. Murphy might be the best shooter in the draft (shot 50/40/90 this past season).

I don't know if anyone follows the draft, but two guys I would target with #22 if they keep the pick:

Chris Duarte (Oregon)
Trey Murphy (Virginia)

Duarte is old for a draft prospect, but he has a good skill set to come in and contribute immediately. Murphy might be the best shooter in the draft (shot 50/40/90 this past season).

Im about to start doing my research even though I anticipate them trading their pick on draft night.

Desmond Bane from last year’s draft would’ve been a great piece on this team.

Im about to start doing my research even though I anticipate them trading their pick on draft night.

Man
Bane would have been perfect lol

I wanted Bane, Xavier Tillman or Malachi Flynn last season. Jury is still out on Flynn (looked good at the end of the season), but Bane/Tillman played well for Memphis.

I also liked Jordan Nwora a lot, but he sat on Milwaukee's bench the entire season. :lol:

Book gets breathed on he gets a foul call while Bron gets hit every time and no call.
this is something I dont get.

defending champs throughout history always got all the calls

the nba just didnt want the lakers to advance for some reason

you know how the nba is. if they wanted the lakers in the finals it would gave hapoened.

I hope the nuggets buss the suns heads wide open

p1r65pet7a371.png

this is something I dont get.

defending champs throughout history always got all the calls

the nba just didnt want the lakers to advance for some reason

you know how the nba is. if they wanted the lakers in the finals it would gave hapoened.

I hope the nuggets buss the suns heads wide open
Refs 100000% wasn’t on our side lol like blatantly at all this year
Way worse than last year **** crazy

it’s aite tho
Revenge SZN next year

I honestly don't think they have to go for a third star this offseason, because of cap it's hard to predict what moves there gonna make. I keep hearing we need shooters, but shooters only come cheap if there one dimensional.

I would really keep my eyes On Demar Derozan in a S&T, he still provides no three point shooting, but he lives at the line & is still good at creating for himself & others.

Kuz poison pill expires June 28th. He will undoubtedly get packaged with the pick and others to try and get someone. doesn't have to be a "star" need someone steady enough to carry water while OldBron and AD aren't in/on.

S&T rules changed a couple years ago, but Schroder's has to be the top priority. I wanted DD last summer but I don't see how it happens. For one, it's the Spurs you'd be working with. Two, what kinda money is he looking at?

Ultimately that'd be ideal with him coming back to LA but I just don't see it. Rudy a free agent too. Another target.

I want to re-sign ben mac and give him some burn and see what he can do for us.

in his super limited action, he LIT IT UP

I bet with legit minutes he could be a better option than KCP.

Probably cheap too.

Kuz and KCP tho, I’m not doing this another year. Not another year of disappointments.

I appreciate their contributions, but I think it’s time to part ways. Kuz can go sonewhere and be the scorer he wants to be.

Ben is for sure a better shooter than Kcp but we can’t discount what Kcp does on defense.

Vogel & the Lakers’ identity is defense. It’s hard to go all out on defense and still have the legs to shoot threes at a high clip. KCP is a dog on a pretty good contract but he shouldn’t be our 3rd best starter.

Would love Ben back though. Would rather teach my shooters how to play passable defense over picking defenders that can’t shoot.

I hear you but KCP offense almost negates his decent defense, yeah he gets stops but he can’t hit open shots?

=/=

at least ben is young enough where he can work and improve on being a decent defender, I got more faith in mac as a defender than KCP as a shooter.

Back
Top Bottom