**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The Lakers use to be so good at seeing into the future and making moves before they would have been popular.  This regime has lost that vision.  

Examples of such moves include passing on Porzingis, not even entertaining IT or Hassan Whiteside a few years back.  I know a lot of teams passed on these guys but the Lakers use to be able to see their talents and lead the way for innovative player selections.  Now we just look for the safest route (ie vets like Moz and Deng) and they usually backfire on us.

The thing that annoys me the most is we gave out 1 year deals for two years to "preserve flexibility ". What did that strategy yield? Multiyear deals for Deng and Mozgov AFTER Kobe came off the books

It's unreal.

And we lost Pau and Dwight for nothing, not even draft picks.

Ridiculous

Last edited:
Exactly, we still had great vision back then.  Seems like this was the last straw.  The NBA had enough of us getting good deals and they put an end to it when we got CP3.  I recall Pop, Karl and Dan Gilbert whining about how its unfair.  Of course now they all wanna form super teams.

Still we need to see a players development before it happens and strike. How? I don't know, I'm just a fan.  What I would do is try to sell high on Randle and Clarkson.  I think these two are we thought they were and should try to sell them now.  Just my opinion but its time to focus on DLo, Ingram, Zubac and to a less degree Nance Jr and hopefully our pick.  

Last edited:
Magic Johnson is now a consultant for the lakers
laugh.gif
magic-johnson-e1332939661537.jpg

The team is too afraid to go outside the friendly confines of the Laker family. It keeps blowing up in their faces besides Phil in 1999.

What irritates me about this bunch in the offices is that it seems they feel people are only qualified if they have worked/played for the organization in the past
This "Laker Way" thing is killing me. What can Magic advise you with as far as basketball decisions occur??!!! Like what?!

I ever wonder does it go through Jeanie's head that there are actually more qualified people out there that has no association with the Lakers. My Gawd this is irritating.
The only good that comes out of this Magic hire is that it almost guarantees Jimmy boy gets the boot at the end of the season. Magic and Jim HATE each other. Jeanie wouldn't bring him back in the fold with them having to work together. Jim Buss is gone. Maybe Mitch too.
Now all we need is to figure out how Jeanie can fire herself.

Y'all wanted Jim & Mitch gone. This is what u get. Magic Johnson :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Things are about to get really bad.

If it's not west then who is out there you can really trust to get this thing back rolling? Magic has done OK with the dodgers, I think he'd be fine in a limited role

Magic actually has cache. Jim and Mitch are the ones that need to be replaced.

Im not sure if I want to justify the Magic hiring and Jim/Mitch firing due to cache.....
This is gonna get ugly soon

To be honest I'd rather keep Buss/West/Mitch in charge unless they wanna promote West and bring in Hinkie or something as a consultant. More consultants would never hurt.

I want West promoted to GM
I want Jimbo out of all basketball decision making

I want Mitch to sail into the sunset. He had great years and some blunders, but time to retire

I want West promoted to GM
I want Jimbo out of all basketball decision making

I want Mitch to sail into the sunset. He had great years and some blunders, but time to retire
I'd like to see mitch still have the seat at the table, but in a reduced role ie. not the  guy free agents talk to.

If we can't steal Jerry West from GS by making him the highest paid GM in league history, then promote Ryan West to GM and give Magic and Mitch a role in decision making. 

Back
Top Bottom