**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Zu’ effectiveness should be sustainable. I mean, almost all his buckets are dunks or layups. As long as he keeps rolling off picks and challenging/blocking shots on D, he should be able to keep up at least 10/6 off the bench in 20-25 minutes. Let Tyson rest until playoff time.

I don’t see why Zubac can’t be the Lakers version of Jonas from Toronto.

Shoutout to Zu man. All of a sudden an Ingram/Zubac/Hart package looks a lot more intriguing :nerd:

Reactions: DLF
1i7iknb5ll621.gif

Rest Bron for a month. We'll be good, better to have his 40-10-9 games in the Playoffs than before the All Star Break.
That was a fun game.

I don’t see why Zubac can’t be the Lakers version of Jonas from Toronto.

Shoutout to Zu man. All of a sudden an Ingram/Zubac/Hart package looks a lot more intriguing :nerd:

I find it hard to believe someone is going to let us keep both Ball AND Kuz tho. My guess would be an Ingram/Zu/Zo package and we'd get to keep Hart with Kuz. (Which.......wouldn't be the worst idea...... :nerd: )

I gotta give props to the coaching staff and Zo/BI/Kuz on defense. They were chasing and contesting everything. Zubac was hitting the smart traps too. Whole team effort had me crying.

Last edited:

Bron really is a robot.

I think he misses the next 2 games and we see get him back for the game against the Thunder on January 2nd.

Things I'm interested in seeing:

Lebron takes 19 FGA per game. Who is gonna get these shots now? I see Ingram, Kuzma and Ball dividing up the shots.
Will Lonzo flourish now that Lebron won't be the primary ball handler for afew games or will be let Rondo continue to take minutes away from him?
Will we see more of Ingram playing the point-forward? He flourished in that role last season?
Can Zubac keep this up?

All i ask is that Ingram show out in these games that Bron isn't here. F getting his trade value up we need to keep Ingram on this squad.

Also another thing i was thinking of Let's say KD/Kawhi aren't interested in being a Laker, with the Cap space we got, wouldn't we be able to sign someone else & offer them up in a sign & trade for AD.

For instance Horford leaves Boston, Would we be able to Trade him for Ad (with like two other young prospects) instead of giving up all our young guys?

I think he misses the next 2 games and we see get him back for the game against the Thunder on January 2nd.

Things I'm interested in seeing:

Lebron takes 19 FGA per game. Who is gonna get these shots now? I see Ingram, Kuzma and Ball dividing up the shots.
Will Lonzo flourish now that Lebron won't be the primary ball handler for afew games or will be let Rondo continue to take minutes away from him?
Will we see more of Ingram playing the point-forward? He flourished in that role last season?
Can Zubac keep this up?

I see BI and Kuz being much more aggressive, but hopefully they are moving the ball not just forcing iso jumpers.

I think Zu needs to play with Rondo. Needs a guy to get him the ball in pick n roll.

Just need Zo to keep playing D and hopefully hit a few 3s. I'm really not expecting much from him offensively this season.

All i ask is that Ingram show out in these games that Bron isn't here. F getting his trade value up we need to keep Ingram on this squad.

Also another thing i was thinking of Let's say KD/Kawhi aren't interested in being a Laker, with the Cap space we got, wouldn't we be able to sign someone else & offer them up in a sign & trade for AD.

For instance Horford leaves Boston, Would we be able to Trade him for Ad (with like two other young prospects) instead of giving up all our young guys?
We wouldn't be able to trade him until Dec, the same situation with KCP and the guys we signed this year.

prisoner of the moment here and I think we can wait on AD, unless we give up pretty much nothing for him.

really want to see what this squad can do with just Lebron added.

prisoner of the moment here and I think we can wait on AD, unless we give up pretty much nothing for him.

We'll no likely wait until the end of the season. Come on the offseason, all bets are off.

If you get AD now, you're in title contention for the next 4 years. Maybe favorites depending on who gets traded.

I don't think NO will move him this year but if they do you have to go get him.

This is diff than the Kawhi and PG situations, we won't have the cap space to get him when he's a free agent so we have to trade for him sooner or later.

Why would New Orleans take Horford for AD?

If you get AD now, you're in title contention for the next 4 years. Maybe favorites depending on who gets traded.

I don't think NO will move him this year but if they do you have to go get him.

This is diff than the Kawhi and PG situations, we won't have the cap space to get him when he's a free agent so we have to trade for him sooner or later.

I'm just keeping expectations low for getting AD which is hard for any Laker fan when it comes to acquiring anyone honestly.
NO is gonna have that "Pry him from our cold dead hands mentality" and honestly I don't blame them
I mean if we get him this season of course I'd be over the moon, but I feel like even if we don't we'll be ok.
I'm also wary of who we will actually lose in the trade.
I have this fear(it will most likely NOT happen) that we trade the young core away for AD and surrounding LBJ and AD are just a revolving door of role players that stay for a year.
I honestly have liked our role players as much as the superstars we've had. I'd love to have that DFish, Cooper, Rambis, etc type of role player as well.

lol and then at the same time I'm not trying to get too attached, ish is hard

I spoke to a source very close to Lebron last night (no lie) and he told me there’s no way lakers are making any moves for AD until the Summer.

He did say expect a move to make the team better though... Bye Zu!

Back
Top Bottom