**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

My QB just had the same diagnosis. I'm getting real lucky this year with stuff. :lol:

Rest him as long as it takes, do not rush the kid back, do not risk further damage. Please.
F the dolphins fam haha good season from them though

He may actually be right. The fact that it swelled up that much to give an inconclusive MRI most likely means there is more than just a bone bruise going on in his knee. The way the whole injury happened definitely looked like he sprained/tore a ligament or did some damage to his meniscus. I love Nance and I hope it is nothing major, but as someone who has dealt with multiple knee injuries I would lean towards not getting your hopes up yet. Just hoping it's like an MCL sprain or something, but based off the looks of it I doubt he hurt the MCL. Meniscus is actually the best guess imo

Last edited:
He may actually be right. The fact that it swelled up that much to give an inconclusive MRI most likely means there is more than just a bone bruise going on in his knee. The way the whole injury happened definitely looked like he sprained/tore a ligament or did some damage to his meniscus. I love Nance and I hope it is nothing major, but as someone who has dealt with multiple knee injuries I would lean towards not getting your hopes up yet. Just hoping it's like an MCL sprain or something, but based off the looks of it I doubt he hurt the MCL. Meniscus is actually the best guess imo
The immediate swelling and the fact Nance couldn't put any weight on his knee is what leads me to believe it's meniscus related. I tore my meniscus playing high school hoops back in '91, similar situation as Larry's. I went up to grab a rebound, my left knee was planted a certain way when I landed which caused my knee to lock and swell within minutes. I couldn't put any weight on my leg and my knee was locked in the exact same position the way Nance's knee looked as he walked off the court with the help of his teammates. I was in crutches by the end of the night.

I chose not to have arthroscopic surgery and was out at least 7 months because it was just a partial tear that eventually healed itself. Several orthopedic surgeons recommended surgery but some said it would heal with no surgery since I was young. The downside to not having surgery, according to the doctors, was that I would develop occasional swelling and/or arthritis-like symptoms when I got older. I opted not to have surgery so I could get back on the court in less than a year but boy were the doctors right about the inevitable arthritic pain. Been feeling it ever since I turned 30 more than a decade ago. I no longer penetrate the lane like I used to and I now just hover around the perimeter, distributing the rock and shooting from 17-23 feet. 

If Nance's injury is indeed a tear of the meniscus, the severity of the tear will determine how long he's out and whether or not he will need surgery.

Last edited:
Scout’s take: "There was a lot of discussion about whether Ingram should play the 3 or move to the 4. But most of these guys, they’ve got to get comfortable in one position before you start giving them a second position. They’re doing that. He has not played much at the 4 really this year and that is the right thing; let him figure out how to be a weapon on the outside and he will learn to move in over time.

"The thing I liked about him at Duke was that he could create from the perimeter, but he has not been good with that so far. When he gets into isolation or if he runs the pick-and-roll, I mean, if you are the defense, you let him do those things because they usually end badly."
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/lis...uddy-hield/1ndexiim9w6f716h7y7h84j7rw/slide/1

Good stuff from Lowe.

(The Lakers badly overpaid for Deng; Washington had traction with Deng on a three-year deal worth $20 million less overall than L.A. ended up paying, and was stunned to learn of L.A.'s offer, according to several league sources.)
Classic Kupchak overpaying for middling talent. :lol: :smh:

:smh:

Also a bit concerning that Russell is shooting so poorly in pick-n-roll situations so far. Was supposed to be a strength of his.

Yeah dating back to D'Lo's rookie yr, he's struggling shooting off the bounce. But he's still drawing attention. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least his spot up numbers are good. Puts that much more emphasis on the development of Randle and Ingram as playmakers.

Also those comments by Luke about him holding/dribbling the ball too much may be why he's not been trusting him to run the offense down the stretch.

Sigh, but on the bright side the bad team pack is inching closer to us, if the struggles continue we'll be right back in the thick of tanking season.

I find with D'Lo, he'll just pull up early in the shot clock. He doesn't dribble the ball out of the air like Clarkson. But maybe that's bias on my part.

It's really a win-win for us no matter how you slice it. Either we are back to tanking or we make a push for the playoffs. Either way good will come out of it.

We are young with new concepts and a way of playing. Got hit with injuries hard. It doesn't take professional basketball analysis to see why we have been so bad lately. Just no cohesion. But that's ok. This year is purely a learning experiment anyway.
I think once some in here realize that the stress levels in here will come down.

All this talk of trades and draft busts n blah blah blah are ridiculous at this stage of development of not only the players but the new coaching staff as well.

But to judge these kids off some built in stereotypical rule book of what a superstar should look like at this point in their careers is ridiculous. I can understand the frustrations and the feeling of not wanting to be patient.
But that's the equivalent of you judging and being disappointed in your 15 yr old son for not acting and being as successful as a 21 yr old. It's asinine.

"Oh my son doesn't have the same look and development at the age of 15 as all the other kids in the neighborhood that has come before him that must mean he won't be successful in society so I should just trade my son now for a new one" :lol:

It's really a win-win for us no matter how you slice it. Either we are back to tanking or we make a push for the playoffs. Either way good will come out of it.

We are young with new concepts and a way of playing. Got hit with injuries hard. It doesn't take professional basketball analysis to see why we have been so bad lately. Just no cohesion. But that's ok. This year is purely a learning experiment anyway.
I think once some in here realize that the stress levels in here will come down.

All this talk of trades and draft busts n blah blah blah are ridiculous at this stage of development of not only the players but the new coaching staff as well.

But to judge these kids off some built in stereotypical rule book of what a superstar should look like at this point in their careers is ridiculous. I can understand the frustrations and the feeling of not wanting to be patient.
But that's the equivalent of you judging and being disappointed in your 15 yr old son for not acting and being as successful as a 21 yr old. It's asinine.

"Oh my son doesn't have the same look and development at the age of 15 as all the other kids in the neighborhood that has come before him that must mean he won't be successful in society so I should just trade my son now for a new one"
laugh.gif
What's asinine is comparing your son to an employee of an organization. No such thing as "trading sons" son. Apples to oranges. I don't pay my son to live in my house like Kupchak does to Russell so he can chill at 555 Nash St in El Segundo. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Also those comments by Luke about him holding/dribbling the ball too much may be why he's not been trusting him to run the offense down the stretch.

Sigh, but on the bright side the bad team pack is inching closer to us, if the struggles continue we'll be right back in the thick of tanking season.
He also commented on Dlo trying to draw fouls instead of focusing on finishing inside. 

Those comments are actually encouraging, they're aware of the issues and trying to work on them. I'm good with that.

And yea I've been watching the tank standings. If Nance misses significant time and we move Nick or Swaggy we're definitely finishing with the 3rd worst record.

What's asinine is comparing your son to an employee of an organization. No such thing as "trading sons" son. Apples to oranges. I don't pay my son to live in my house like Kupchak does to Russell so he can chill at 555 Nash St in El Segundo. :lol:  

Oh I wasn't referring to you but let me address you directly

What your old short sighted vision failed to see in my statement was you don't stop investing in your future just because the present doesn't follow the same path as previous examples of success.

I mean if you have children you do invest in them don't you. I mean I would hope you would. If a young Michael Jordan got cut from his high school bball team should his dad stop investing his money for training for his young son Michael? No not if he believes that his investment in his son will pay off. And just because some outsider from the outside looking in tells you to cut your investment short, you listen to the nonsense??

Tense my comparison.

See I have no horses in his race boss. Just wanna see the Lakers win win win. But it's obvious you have an agenda. Have several seats "son"

Back
Top Bottom