**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

DEMEANOR on the floor and how he is around his teammates when the going gets tough. Do you remember Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson, and Kareem Abdul Jabbar? 

Ohhhh like the scowling, and yelling and the rah rah Jazz

How many points, or rebs, or ast do those generate?

Tell you what, if we lose to the Sixers tomorrow night in embarrassing fashion it will signal the beginning of the end to the 2016-17 season.
your sources tell you anything recently?
Yes...

When there's whispers within an organization that there might be a roster shake-up, it can trickle down to the players, and subsequently player cohesion may slowly erode, teamwork on the floor begins to dissipate, and morale starts to go down.

You guys were really hype over that 7-5 start eh? :lol:

We were NEVER winning anything this year. Even getting the 8th seed would just be GS 4-0 fodder.

Bottom line to the season is letting Luke start to coach these kids up and get a jump on their future. That's all.

It's a really rough stretch, after a nice start to the year. No one needs to jump off any bridges. Well, maybe one can.

#StayTheCourse

all of this.

chemistry/morale >>> winning this season

I absolutely can't stand Randle's terrible body language. One bad play, and this guy starts sulking for the next minute and a half.

^ Pretty much, just wouldve liked to stay healthy n see chemistry grow, hopefully the injury bug will now go away...we need gary vitti back :smh:

DEMEANOR on the floor and how he is around his teammates when the going gets tough. Do you remember Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson, and Kareem Abdul Jabbar? 

Ohhhh like the scowling, and yelling and the rah rah Jazz

How many points, or rebs, or ast do those generate?
And how many All-Star appearances and first team All-NBA and first team All-Defense awards does Kobe have? How many clutch shots did Fisher make in the regular season and postseason? You think DLo will attain anything close?

Nice try.

Last edited:
I absolutely can't stand Randle's terrible body language. One bad play, and this guy starts sulking for the next minute and a half.

i agree but this includes everyone, complaining on every call, not getting back on defense, poor body language.

all our guards: lou, dlo, jc

We were NEVER winning anything this year. Even getting the 8th seed would just be GS 4-0 fodder.

Bottom line to the season is letting Luke start to coach these kids up and get a jump on their future. That's all.

It's a really rough stretch, after a nice start to the year. No one needs to jump off any bridges. Well, maybe one can.

#StayTheCourse

I don't disagree but this is hard to watch. 8 games in a row and we should have won at least 4. I didn't expect long losing streaks...

And how many All-Star appearances and first team All-NBA and first team All-Defense awards does Kobe have? How many clutch shots did Fisher make in the regular season and postseason? You think DLo will attain anything close?

Nice try.

He probably won't but it won't because of some romanticized qualities like demeanor, alphadogness, and other cliches sports fans throw around

It'll be because he isn't as good as KOBE FREAKING BRYANT :lol:

And that's okay lol

I wonder if we have any deals in place but are just waiting for this CBA to be worked out.

I read an article that said the CBA is holding up deals.

If Kobe is the measuring stick, then virtually everybody is a failure.
Kobe isn't the measuring stick. But a franchise player or elite level player is. And there's a handful in the league that the Lakers can possibly trade young assets for

your idea of a franchise player is like cousins or Paul freaking george.

There's no way I would trade any of LAL's youth for Demarcus Cousins

Nice try.
He probably won't but it won't because of some romanticized qualities like demeanor, alphadogness, and other cliches sports fans throw around

It'll be because he isn't as good as KOBE FREAKING BRYANT
laugh.gif

And that's okay lol
If it's okay for you that DLo is the chosen leader of this team, then your standards aren't as high as mine.

I'm not saying we need the next Kobe. What I'm saying is that DLo is not a franchise player who can put this team on his shoulders and say, "Follow me to the championship."

The Lakers are all about SUPERSTARS. And the fact that we don't have one right now, the fact that we won't have one anytime soon if we don't move some of these young assets, is not okay with me. 

You honestly believe Mitch and Jim have the patience to wait another 4-5 losing seasons hoping that this team will develop into a championship contender without adding any superstar players via trade or free agency? I doubt it.

If I'm Luke and doing a film session with the team.I'd go in on Randle like this and compare him to Nance:

It's so true. If he put forth the energy & effort that Nance brings each night Randle would be a lot better.

#StayTheCourse

I don't disagree but this is hard to watch. 8 games in a row and we should have won at least 4. I didn't expect long losing streaks...

Team full of kids, expect losing streaks.

But expect learning from that as well.

OKC, Golden State used to lose a ton of games as young fellas as well, they both did ok in the years to come.

#StayTheCourse

20 games is a good sample size and we were .500

I expected to battle for that 8th spot and any playoff experience is valuable to a young team

Now it's full on tank mode as we'll be 10-23 after this trip

This
Luol Deng falls right in front of him and Randle too busy pouting to help him up
Bad for morale

If it's okay for you that DLo is the chosen leader of this team, then your standards aren't as high as mine.

I'm not saying we need the next Kobe. What I'm saying is that DLo is not a franchise player who can put this team on his shoulders and say, "Follow me to the championship."

The Lakers are all about SUPERSTARS. And the fact that we don't have one right now, the fact that we won't have one anytime soon if we don't move some of these young assets, is not okay with me. 

You honestly believe Mitch and Jim have the patience to wait another 4-5 losing seasons hoping that this team will develop into a championship contender without adding any superstar players via trade or free agency? I doubt it.

There really isn't any franchise changing players available for LAL and that's because there aren't that many to begin with.

Thats why even if I agreed with you I still wouldn't part with my young talent if DMC and / or PG is who I'm netting

You talking abt LAL being all about championships and superstars but in the same breath wanna trade your youth for Demarcus and Paul George. That makes no sense.

Look, La wasn't supposed to make the playoffs this year anyway

But I can see the growth happening. For christ's sake they're 28 games in with Luke.

I don't think it's far fetched for LAL to win 30 games this year and that would be a massive jump in the right direction.

The team is improving in all aspects and I wouldn't wanna mess that up for Paul George :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom