**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

_ason Kidd 2.0 took it a bit literal tonight. :lol:

I'm thinkin that summer league discussion feels a bit relevant.

He’s a rookie man. There’s a lot he’s good at, but a lot he has to work on... like any rookie.

However, This litebrite *igga better not be goin to Lithuania or even the local pub to perform any damn music this summer. Just hit the gym and work efficiently, my guy.

You can't be a starting guard in the NBA with no shot and also lack elite athleticism. Teams are literally playing college-style defense where they dare players to shoot threes. Zo settles for alot of threes because he can't beat his man off the dribble consistently. His jumper is doubly bad because he can't pull up from mid-range because of his awkward release. Every shot he takes is either a 30 ft three (which he misses most of the time) or at the basket (which he misses most of the time). I can count on one hand the number of mid-range shots Zo's attempted all season; teams know he's just not a a threat between 3-30 ft.

Last edited:
Severely limited offensively without a doubt
Good defender off ball, great hustle, great rebounder for a guard

But where is that open floor “elite vision”. He rarely pushes the ball and gets those Magic/Kidd type dimes. His assists come from passing the ball up the court when he rebounds or swinging the ball in half court because he’s scared to drive. I want him to break down a defense and attack or pass and push the ball more

Disappointing

He's passive to a fault. He's so pass happy that it actually hurts the team. There are many times when he's right in front of the basket and he's looking to pass the ball. I'm screaming "LAY THE DANG BALL IN THE BASKET!". Then he bricks the lay-up. Is he that scared of dunks and lay-ups?

If I were an opponent I would play the passing lane every time with Zo. Make him put the ball in the basket, we all know he doesn't want to.

But where is that open floor “elite vision”. He rarely pushes the ball and gets those Magic/Kidd type dimes. His assists come from passing the ball up the court when he rebounds or swinging the ball in half court because he’s scared to drive. I want him to break down a defense and attack or pass and push the ball more

Disappointing

i thought we werent talking about d'lo anymore

Severely limited offensively without a doubt
Good defender off ball, great hustle, great rebounder for a guard

Disappointing

Just last week you were talking about how much you love him and his hustle and how much better he is than the other PG the team had.

You need to relax :lol:

Feels like IT has killed Zo's confidence that was building earlier in the season. The boy is too damn passive, show some emotion!

Just last week you were talking about how much you love him and his hustle and how much better he is than the other PG the team had.

You need to relax :lol:

Still love his hustle and how hard he plays, chase down blocks and steals etc
He’s still our best PG

BUUUUUT his offense is garbage and hurts the team. I’m not sold on people saying he’ll improve his shooting in the offseason because Everything we hear is that he hits shots in practice. When those bright lights come on it’s a different story. And changing mechanics at this point is near impossible, he’s been shooting like this too long

Still love his hustle and how hard he plays, chase down blocks and steals etc
He’s still our best PG

BUUUUUT his offense is garbage and hurts the team. I’m not sold on people saying he’ll improve his shooting in the offseason because Everything we hear is that he hits shots in practice. When those bright lights come on it’s a different story. And changing mechanics at this point is near impossible, he’s been shooting like this too long

Literally the same things were said about BI to some degree. He gained strength which made him more confident and they also tweaked his shot. Zo will be fine. You've been real bipolar lately lol.

He's passive to a fault. He's so pass happy that it actually hurts the team. There are many times when he's right in front of the basket and he's looking to pass the ball. I'm screaming "LAY THE DANG BALL IN THE BASKET!". Then he bricks the lay-up. Is he that scared of dunks and lay-ups?

If I were an opponent I would play the passing lane every time with Zo. Make him put the ball in the basket, we all know he doesn't want to.

Yup, the first play in the 4th qtr really hurt. Ran the hammer play for Kuz for a corner 3 but they covered that and Zo had a wide open lane but still forced a pass that was intercepted. Feel like that really changed momentum for the whole 4th.

It's abundantly clear what he needs to work on, let's see how he attacks the offseason. Still love his potential.

Literally the same things were said about BI to some degree. He gained strength which made him more confident and they also tweaked his shot. Zo will be fine. You've been real bipolar lately lol.

Yup, pointed that out the other day. BI couldn't finish at all his first and turned his main weakness into a major strength in one off season.

We'll see if Zo works as hard as BI did, this summer will be big.

Back
Top Bottom