**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Why can't a bunch of kids, missing one of their best, beat Russ/Melo/PG/Adams, on the road?

And you believe it's a lack of effort? Fam.....

Not beat them. But damn put a body on guys, dive for loose balls. I saw a play where OKC was up 14 and two vets were on the floor for loose balls. Effort

Grizz won tonight with no Gasol and no Conley. That box score full of no names, rookies and Tyreke. They won with effort

It’s not unreasonable to want a young team to play hard and not get blown out when their 20 year old rookie is out

Last edited:
you guys missing these times?

giphy.gif

Ci2Uwoj.gif

SizzlingImpressionableDouglasfirbarkbeetle-max-1mb.gif

tumblr_of480oIMoU1s3gys4o1_400.gif

giphy.gif

It’s the fact that they didn’t even bother to get a backup PG that is the problem.

It’s not to say they are better without Lonzo. Because they’re not. The reason they are 0-8 without him has more to do with the fact they got bullcrap as backup PGs. Can’t run an offense based around PG play then expect them to be anything other than the worst team in the league (when he’s out) because they thought Tyler Ennis was a suitable backup PG.

**** is wrong with luke? play gp2 you apready know how trash your backup point guard is man

gave ennis 20 minutes and caruso 16. i bet he only played gp in garbage time

Why can't a bunch of kids, missing one of their best, beat Russ/Melo/PG/Adams, on the road?

And you believe it's a lack of effort? Fam.....

Now...I’ll be honest, going into this game I knew the chances of us winning would be slim to none.

But to out rebounded 54-30, 21-6 in offensive rebounds and out scoured 26-4 in second chance points...

Fam...that’s the kids playing with zero effort. Put a body on somebody.

Made the game unwatchable. OKC got everything they wanted out there. Russ and PG13 both took more shots than points scored but the efforts guys backed them up. Steven Adams got whatever he wanted out there.

Now...I’ll be honest, going into this game I knew the chances of us winning would be slim to none.

But to out rebounded 54-30, 21-6 in offensive rebounds and out scoured 26-4 in second chance points...

Fam...that’s the kids playing with zero effort. Put a body on somebody.

Made the game unwatchable. OKC got everything they wanted out there. Russ and PG13 both took more shots than points scored but the efforts guys backed them up. Steven Adams got whatever he wanted out there.

Really really really good players outplayed a bunch of kids, I'm shocked. Stunned even.

Nevermind the same team beat us by like 40 last time we played.

This is a trend though no matter the opponent without Lonzo out there these dudes show no effort. How the hell your averaging losing by 20 points when he's not playing. That's unacceptable.

Really really really good players outplayed a bunch of kids, I'm shocked. Stunned even.

Nevermind the same team beat us by like 40 last time we played.

No problem with really good players outplaying kids.

But don’t tell me this same team that we have seen hang with GSW and Houston on a few occasions but give no effort vs OKC and it’s ok because they were outplayed by really really really good players...

I know we will lose games because of our youth. But to be blown out twice by this team and to lose terribly in all effort categories doesn’t sit well with me.

You don’t have to agree but don’t try to down play effort because OKC has really good players.

It’s always age, never blame the players for lack of effort. Just blame it on youth. You learn how to play hard when you turn 25. Makes sense

It’s always age, never blame the players for lack of effort. Just blame it on youth. You learn how to play hard when you turn 25. Makes sense

Those KD and Russ led OKC teams were awful at first. Youth is a huge fact. The next fact is that we're a bottom 5 roster in the league. If we play hard, and the teams we play against play hard, we'll lose most of the time. We're just a bad team man.

Those KD and Russ led OKC teams were awful at first. Youth is a huge fact. The next fact is that we're a bottom 5 roster in the league. If we play hard, and the teams we play against play hard, we'll lose most of the time. We're just a bad team man.

Except this hasn't been the case with Zo out there the vast majority of the time and the numbers back it up. -1.4 ppg differential with him there and -17 ppg differential with him not out there. It's plain as day. You can lose to more talented or even less talented teams sometimes, but they haven't even competed at all with him not out there.

Last edited:
They’re pros, millionaires, big boys. Hold them accountable. It’s ok

This isn’t the first loss due to lack of effort, so don’t give that bull. They have plenty of losses to teams far less talented than OKC, so you can’t just say OKC was too good

Fellas. This losing is wearing on me. Being a die hard fan of a bottom feeding team sucks :lol:. We really are “just a bad team”

Last edited:
Thing is, the SONICS/thunder team were awful for two seasons and then made the playoffs every year after that.

Why can’t the Lakers even duplicate that success boggles my mind. They had 4 straight years with lottery picks and nothing to so for it but slow improvement over the previous bad seasons. This 4 going on 5-year playoff drought is killing me.

Thing is, the SONICS/thunder team were awful for two seasons and then made the playoffs every year after that.

Why can’t the Lakers even duplicate that success boggles my mind. They had 4 straight years with lottery picks and nothing to so for it but slow improvement over the previous bad seasons. This 4 going on 5-year playoff drought is killing me.

What are you talking about? They drafted three MVP caliber players back-to-back-to-back. There's no way we can be expected to replicate that success. Heck, I'm not even certain if we've drafted all-star caliber players thus far. We've had draft misses and awful management. We went from the end of the Kobe era where we acquiesced to his needs, then we started the rebuilding and now we're going back to the "clear the decks for big name FAs" approach which has failed in the past and this doesnt even include the internal strife within the Buss family. We've been all over the place as an organization for the past 5 years now.

Back
Top Bottom