**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

the trade was in a bleacher report article speculating on trades approaching the deadline

clarkson and zubac
for shelvin mack and mario hezonja

hezonja an expiring and only $1M of shelvin mack's salary is guaranteed next year

Is it virtually impossible to get a 1st rounder for the Pinoy pistol?
doubt it

he might get you a second rounder but thats it

only guy worth a first is julius but if your a team why give up anything in the first knowing lakers are desperate to sign two max and hes a free agent at the end of the year?

Can't see a team giving up a late first round pick, let alone a mid first round pick for Clarkson.

My take on Clarkson, Randle.

I honestly wanted to like these 2 players and gave them a fair shot from a fans perspective. With that being said after Clarkson being with the Lakers 4 years now and Randle 3 years of actual playing time. I honestly just don't see enough overall improvement and growth in their overall games to justify keeping them. Especially at what we are paying Clarkson now and what the Lakers will end paying Randle in a contract extension if they kept him beyond this season. Yeah we all know that because of the new tv deal the NBA has "the funny & stupid money" is being thrown at players who aren't or won't be allstar caliber players. Where you see guys like JC and other players in the league getting paid $13 to $15 million a year to come off the bench.

Yeah Randle did everything Magic & Pelinka asked him to do in the off season. But still when you see a player like him playing well in spurts or when he gets starts, you still see the flaws in his game. Yeah man Laker fans and even non Laker fans in the NBA season say he's like a "poor mans Odom" that to me isn't a fair comparison at all.

Bottom line is I can't just see a justifiable reason keeping JC & Randle beyond this season.

Can't see a team giving up a late first round pick, let alone a mid first round pick for Clarkson.

No NBA GM in their right mind is giving up a late 1st rounder for JC. For a player like JC who's mainly been known as a 6th man off the bench type player for most of his career. A guys who isn't known for playing defense and isn't a true PG and has played horrible when given that shot due to injuries. Heck he was a 2nd round pick that got hyped up as "a steal pick" from his draft class.

When we had our championship teams, did y’all care about who we’d pick with our 28th or 29th pick? I think the contenders should be willing to give up a late first rounder for a 25 year old 15 ppg guy

When we had our championship teams, did y’all care about who we’d pick with our 28th or 29th pick? I think the contenders should be willing to give up a late first rounder for a 25 year old 15 ppg guy

Yes. I sure remember being in college and taking a break from a class to check and see Mitch drafted guys like: Jordan Farmar, Brian Cook, Kareem Rush, Sasha.

Back then the NBA's CBA and cap situation was very different and more friendly to the Lakers. After the last NBA lockout a few years ago basically every small market team lead by Dan Gilbert & Mark Cuban teamed up and made sure the Lakers couldn't keep paying the luxury tax and made it a point to try and prevent super teams.

Heck mid 90's Lakeshow teams I remember hearing in 1996 the Lakers drafting Derek Fisher and Travis Knight.

There were also Celestande, Frankie king, sam Jacobsen, Brian Cook and scrubs like that. It’s a crap shoot, much rather have a proven Nba bench scorer like JC

Anyone know if the nike shorts run big or small? The adidas shorts were always too long in my usual large

There were also Celestande, Frankie king, sam Jacobsen, Brian Cook and scrubs like that. It’s a crap shoot, much rather have a proven Nba bench scorer like JC

Even lottery picks like Randle, Lonzo, D'Lo, Ben Simmons are a crap shot.

Generational type lottery picks like Lebron, Magic, KD only show up in draft classes literally once every 5 years.

JC would be good on the Cavs.

Define good.

Good coming off the bench like his role is now with the Lakers. Or good on a bad or above average Cavs teams with no Lebron?

Or does he go down the career path and has a solid career like Ariza has had after leaving the Lakeshow.

Or does he get worse and fades away from the league like Monta Ellis.

Define good.

Good coming off the bench like his role is now with the Lakers. Or good on a bad or above average Cavs teams with no Lebron?

Or does he go down the career path and has a solid career like Ariza has had after leaving the Lakeshow.

Or does he get worse and fades away from the league like Monta Ellis.

Monta

Back
Top Bottom