**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

#ontheclock

giphy.gif

His issues at this point are bigger than basketball and they are definitely permeating his performance.

Lbj x Cousins been the wave.

Hope y'all understand 19 year olds aren't ready to lead teams & contribute right away... But I remember y'all laughed when we said you shouldn't judge 19-20 year old rookies (especially guards) until their 3rd/4th seasons when it was Dlo. It's just funny to see certain cats not throwing the same shade at Lonzo :lol:. Lonzo will be fine though. No reason to worry.

I'd rather have PG and cuz. **** it, put George at the 2, whatever.

Zo has looked godawful most of the time and this is why I didn't like the D'lo trade and low key would've rather had next year's pick than this one. But he has nowhere to go but up and he will improve over the season. He seems almost over confident in his shot and you can tell it's gonna miss before he even pulls a lot of the time. He had one where he was so off balance leaning forward..the shot never had a chance. He just needs to slow down and focus on his form like he did in Milwaukee. This team will look so much better once he gets to just an adequate level offensively.

Zo is gonna be fine, this year was going to be a rocky one for him whether people wanted to believe it or not. RELAX. Rookies struggle, even ones that turn out to be great talent. If his shots land everyone is hyping him up, and it seems like it's a pure mental thing at this point. Give him more than less 1/4 of a season before you're ready to burn everything down.

Zo is gonna be fine, this year was going to be a rocky one for him whether people wanted to believe it or not. RELAX. Rookies struggle, even ones that turn out to be great talent. If his shots land everyone is hyping him up, and it seems like it's a pure mental thing at this point. Give him more than less 1/4 of a season before you're ready to burn everything down.

I think people is only asking for him to play hard/aggressive. Everybody knows his j is broke at the moment. Dude literally was ghost out there. Embiid was talking a lil trash with his dad weeks ago and cant even use it as a motivation. He knows its a big game. Show up at least. Dude plays the same way everytime. I was actually happy when fourth quarter started because it means clarkson will be in and not him. Seemed like sixers go on a run when zo is on the court.

Kuzma shot wasnt really falling at first but he kept fighting and hustling on boards. Tried to dunk on embid and get himself a lil hype up. Thats what we want for zo to do. Show a little fight.

Also, watched a good amount of sixers game this year and i must say simmons looked like he wasn't really trying and barely broke a sweat. When he tries a little bit , sixers go on a run. He knows its embids night and kept feeding him.

I think people is only asking for him to play hard/aggressive. Everybody knows his j is broke at the moment. Dude literally was ghost out there. Embiid was talking a lil trash with his dad weeks ago and cant even use it as a motivation. He knows its a big game. Show up at least. Dude plays the same way everytime. I was actually happy when fourth quarter started because it means clarkson will be in and not him. Seemed like sixers go on a run when zo is on the court.

Kuzma shot wasnt really falling at first but he kept fighting and hustling on boards. Tried to dunk on embid and get himself a lil hype up. Thats what we want for zo to do. Show a little fight.

Your critique is totally fair. I'm just saying, let the kid find his comfort zone in the league before we proclaim him a bust and not worthy. Dude has special talent that can turn into something special but everyone wants to keep looking at the box score to judge him at this point.

Hope y'all understand 19 year olds aren't ready to lead teams & contribute right away... But I remember y'all laughed when we said you shouldn't judge 19-20 year old rookies (especially guards) until their 3rd/4th seasons when it was Dlo. It's just funny to see certain cats not throwing the same shade at Lonzo :lol:. Lonzo will be fine though. No reason to worry.

I criticized Dlo and I’ll do the same to Zo, regardless of age, play hard!! He got embarrassed in a game full of youngsters like him.

age has nothing to do with heart, desire, effort, playing scared. Funny how it doesn’t go both ways. People don’t say “hey now, let’s hold off on saying they’ll be great, they’re only 19/20....” when some kids are great right away as rookies or sophomores (KAT, Simmons, Embiid, etc).

Last edited:
lol no way. they already have a pass first cant shoot stud in Simmons. They should have taken Tatum.

Anyhow, still cant believe we just watched Embiid destroy us and we did nothing different in the fourth to counter it. Just literally watched him do it over and over and over and over. We should'a lost by 10 + but we were hitting shots that we normally dont even make so lucky us for keeping it close.

Mark Jackson made good pint that nobody is over there talking to Lonzo about keeping his head up except Bogut. Coaches, his "vets" should be trying to shield him to protect his confidence and whatever small amount he has left. Thats what happens when you have a team of guys who know they are all out the door when the season ends so they can care less.

youre going to be hurt when some of the players u want gone are here next year. :lol:

Luke needs to run the O through kuzma on the post build his confidence up more and have lonzo just start cutting

Last edited:
Loved seeing Kuzma and BI play great last night.

Pretty much. It's beyond pointless having these big statements after every single bad game for a rookie. Lol

He can have close to a triple again and folks will be quite again.

I’ve been trying be hopeful about zo but son is looking shaky

What is a one and done guy who just turned 20 supposed to look like after 12 games?

Had this convo with people the night he was drafted. There will be peaks and valleys in his performance.. we've already seen that in this small sample.

Funny how it doesn’t go both ways. People don’t say “hey now, let’s hold off on saying they’ll be great, they’re only 19/20....” when some kids are great right away as rookies or sophomores (KAT, Simmons, Embiid, etc).

Lol. It's not even 'some' kids that are great right away. It's a very, very select few. Probably less than 5% of all draft picks honestly. Most take a few years. Even in your examples you have guys who started playing in their 2nd and 3rd year. And all 3 of those guys are 6'10+ which is a factor. Look at zo's own draft class. Look at other guards over the past 10+ years. It takes some time

Back
Top Bottom