**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Yeah, that Lamar article was definitely a great read.

But let's be honest, Lamar Odom fresh off a crack binge is still better than Luol Deng.

Deng will be fine, they made the right decision letting Mos go over Deng, Deng will be able to help this team.

Call me crazy but I believe it!

What exactly did you see in Deng last season to lead you to say he will help this team?
All I saw from him were flat shots and bricks.

What exactly did you see in Deng last season to lead you to say he will help this team?
The Ball effect

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

defensively, he can stay with mobile 4s
might even hold his own in the paint with whatever savyness he may have

I dont want Lebronze anywhere near the Lakers next year. Bring in George and another big FA.
If Cousins shows maturity...Wouldn't be a bad look

Ball/George/Ingram/Kuzma/Cousins Especially if Ingram and Ball show out this year

How Julius Randle’s improved conditioning could jumpstart upcoming Lakers’ season
By MARK MEDINA | [email protected] | Daily News
PUBLISHED: July 25, 2017 at 11:13 am | UPDATED: July 25, 2017 at 4:15 pm

The game looked easy for Julius Randle, as he bullied his opponents with drives to the basket at one end of the court and blocked shots at the rim at the other.

Granted, Randle performed these duties in recent pickup games at the Drew League, the L.A. pro-am league that features assorted players from the NBA, overseas and college teams. After devoting his offseason to conditioning drills, usually three times a day, though, Randle believes he can show the same kind of speed and mobility wearing a Lakers uniform.

“I’ll be able to move and not have to think about it,” Randle said. “It will be effortless.”

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/25/lakers-agree-to-deal-with-point-guard-tyler-ennis/
That’s because Randle said he currently weighs 243 pounds at 6 percent body fat after playing last season with a 258-pound frame at 13 percent body fat. Randle said he focused more on following through on the Lakers’ request that he improve his conditioning than worrying about them including him in the failed Paul George trade proposals.

“That stuff is not in my control,” Randle said. “What happened and what didn’t, I don’t know. But at the end of the day, all I can control is just me working on my game and get prepared for the next season.”

To do that, Randle teamed up with personal trainer Amolia Cesar and “completely changed my lifestyle.” Randle respectfully declined to state his goals for his fourth NBA season, but he sounded optimistic because he’s “just locked in.”

Randle, who started all of last season, also believed the Lakers can “do a lot of damage” with several options at the power forward spot. That includes Randle, third-year forward Larry Nance Jr., rookie forward Kyle Kuzma and possibly veteran forward Luol Deng.

“Trying to play positionless basketball,” Randle said. “We’ll all be able to work together.”

Lakers signed Thomas Bryant to a 1 yr. Lakers like Davey Jones locker. It has to have a Bryant on the roster.

Y'all are tripping about not wanting Lebron here. He's the only one that could take us over the top if we add him and another big-name FA. We could limit his minutes in the regular season and have him for the playoffs. Could you imagine him playing PF full time with Zo/BI/PG/Bron/Zubac (if he gets his life together). People worry about his age but he's a once in a lifetime player who will be a top 5 player until he's 40 IMO. He's in his 14th year playing 46 mins in the Finals with a usage rate in the high 30s. Imagine if he played with a team of younger guys who can carry the hold and real pass-first PG to take away the ball handling responsibilities? I know we all love Kobe and therefore (some of us) hate Lebron but we've gotta do what's best.

Back
Top Bottom