Koreans are wannabe Japanese people?!

No.

When you have thousands of years of interaction including many invasions and occupations (during which Japan systematically suppressed Korean identity) it's understandable that there would be cultural overlap.

I'm Japanese-

The Japanese-Korean relationship is one of the most complicated relationships between any two nations in the world.  Even Israel/Palestine is more understandable because there's nothing but hate between them- With Japanese and Koreans there is a similar tension from historical conflicts, but underlying that is the obvious cultural and economic influence each has had on the other.  Korean celebrities are also A-listers in Japan and studios from the two countries are constantly collaborating.  Economically, Korean manufacturing conglomerates like Hyundai and Samsung model their business after the Japanese conglomerate structures of Sony, Mitsubishi, Honda etc that have been around for 100 years.... but on top of all that my mom told me that when she was growing up Koreans in Japan were profiled and treated in a manner kind of similar to Black people in America were/are.

Its a really complicated relationship on the level of (not a great analogy but best I could think of )
KOBEshaq.jpg
that probably requires a lot of first hand knowledge and experience to even somewhat understand.

From my personal experience,  I've dated a dope Korean girl but never dated a Japanese girl.  I think if you're in Cali you'll see plenty of yonsei (forth generation in america) Japanese-American girls that are on par with Korean girls.  But Korean girls >> Homeland Japanese girls

btw Japanese Baseball >>>> Korean Baseball.  It's a talent pool thing -  All the kids in Korea are too busy playing Starcraft.  Come at me bros.

Japan has wronged China and Korea so wrong in the past it isnt even funny .Plus their xenophobic attitudes toward other races they pretty much built up a big barrier between them truly coexisting.

japans years of occupation over korea probably led to some of these cultural similarities...cmon people know something before you talk.

Well here's one thing Japanese and Koreas can both agree on.

They're both considered Asian and not Pacific Islander.

*hits drum cymbal*

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Japan has wronged China and Korea so wrong in the past it isnt even funny .Plus their xenophobic attitudes toward other races they pretty much built up a big barrier between them truly coexisting.

Funny thing is that the Japanese to this day still deny that they ever played a part in the Rape of Nanking among other mass killings.

Wouldn't be surprised if the earthquake and tsunami that happened in Japan came in the form of karma.

Back
Top Bottom