Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

pull tabs??? 
nerd.gif

just got my HTMs, feel really lucky to have them bc they're very nice in person. I wish the GR releases were a bit better on the elites this year. Can't say I'm a fan of any of the gr cws, and i'm really confused by those cheetah ones, they're terrible. I hate that we've gotten to a point where a signature sneaker isn't just a home, away, and then maybe an all star plus one other cw that doesn't need have to have some ridiculous backstory (3am/vino/cheetah/mambacurial). Just do something that's works for the current model and we don't need a nickname. All the Air Jordans followed this pattern and that turned out fine (military IVs, laney Vs, sport blue VIs, oly VII, aqua VIII, powder IX, powder X, cool grey xi, and it goes on). There's not one basic, clean cw of the elite lows besides HTMs.

Would've been nice for nikeid to have this blue midsole and allow you to select the flywire color, doesn't seem like a lot to ask for (at least the flywire) for $250.
Big difference between how they release and market sneakers from the days of the Jordan IV (or any of the ones you listed - and initial CW's of early Jordans were pretty much confined to CW's MJ could or did wear) and now. Nike does that goofy personal storytelling thing with all their sigs, just the way they have been going the past couple years. Frankly who cares what the goofy story is? It's been a long time since they made Kobe's in around 5 CW's like you are asking - I can't even remember how many VI's released. Besides, the athlete gets whatever home/away CW's he wants, and any particular athletes fans are not confined to the city they play in, so just team colors don't work anymore. Never mind the landscape of collecting is different than it was a while ago and people will buy 20 pairs of a model and ID a few pairs, and production costs are so low companies can just throw whatever at the wall and see what sticks - and if we don't like it enough to buy at retail, we may like it enough to buy on disco.

Maybe you have and maybe you haven't held any of them in hand, but the GR Elite Lows are actually pretty nice in person - even the Rivalry - although I am sure it is too bright for some folks. Any individual not liking them does not make them a bad CW - I mean, I didn't like the Showtimes, just means I didn't like them.

Not directed at you, but in the end we are not entitled to anything, and if we don't like the model or CW's we are welcome to just skip it. We don't have to be mad AND BUY.

Jordan had easy colors to work with, alot of his shoes were black and white with red accents. Kobe plays for a team that uses purple and yellow, Lebron has burgundy, yellow and navy... team colors are kind of polarizing. People want variety and Nike isn't trying to cater to older fans, new customers are more important than established ones and kids these days don't seem to be too concerned with trying to match their new Kobe jersey.

Jordan had easy colors to work with, alot of his shoes were black and white with red accents. Kobe plays for a team that uses purple and yellow, Lebron has burgundy, yellow and navy... team colors are kind of polarizing. People want variety and Nike isn't trying to cater to older fans, new customers are more important than established ones and kids these days don't seem to be too concerned with trying to match their new Kobe jersey.

Meh... Del sol kobes were a staple of the line and sold well. We can't even get the dope black/purple colors that match the alt jerseys and we've seen how nice they look especially the amnesty 8s.

The Jordan era was a lot more simple and I'm thinking Nike is making customers that want team colors have to create Ids :smh:

Blk/yellow Supreme VIIs and the blk/yellow ZK1s are some of my favorites out of the line but when someone says team coloway I'm thinking Showtimes or those yin yang VIIs which were garbage and we have 2 purple Kobe Xs with another on the way.

And yes, IDs is where its at if you want a straight up match and then they still limit how close you can get.

Some comparison shots for y'all, even though y'all probably already know the differences between the Racecars and Mamba Arrowheads.

Debossing on leather tongue:

View media item 1738799
Different sock liners:

View media item 1738800
Pull tab/heel and speckled midsole:

View media item 1738801
Overall, the Racecars are amazing and definitely worth a spot in a collection.

The Mamba Arrowheads are a lot more subdued, but are nice in their own way. Unfortunately, they're probably everyone's least favorite of the three.

I wish I got the Shark Jaws to complete the set, but I can't complain.

Last edited:
Blk/yellow Supreme VIIs and the blk/yellow ZK1s are some of my favorites out of the line but when someone says team coloway I'm thinking Showtimes or those yin yang VIIs which were garbage and we have 2 purple Kobe Xs with another on the way.

And yes, IDs is where its at if you want a straight up match and then they still limit how close you can get.

I'm just saying they even cut those colors out.
A white based Kobe with purple along with yellow accents would be just fine.
Amnesty or black purple with yellow accents would suffice for an away color

Jordan didn't have black jerseys until the end of his Bulls career. They dropped black shoes to match his red jerseys which would fit the pattern I just outlined.

And we are def in an era where loud goes so a tastefully done purple based shoe would do numbers.

The biggest problem is that the color layouts have been garbage and Nike is fascinated on giving every sig a Bulls type of color while neglecting the team colors :lol:

The biggest problem is that the color layouts have been garbage and Nike is fascinated on giving every sig a Bulls type of color while neglecting the team colors :lol:

I really don't understand this. :smh:

Last edited:
What do you guys think about KB P1 DS sz 10.5 for KB X HTM multi-color sz 10.5/11, FAIR TRADE?

pair trade but i'd keep the p1s 
Yea I hear that. Just curious of what you guys thought. KB 1 my favorite of the line especially these gave up too much heat for these back when they were $ real high. 

Had A guy that would trade me but needed A sz 11 and I had just sold my sz 11 earlier this year. Hmmmm what to do?... I really needed/wanted these KB HTM MC pair

ever since they showed the sold them earlier in the year. Still butt hurt about it. No OVO's, NO CHI 1's, NO YZY 350 PB, and these.........

What do you guys think about KB P1 DS sz 10.5 for KB X HTM multi-color sz 10.5/11, FAIR TRADE?
Yeah, guess that would be a fair trade. But, I like both so trading my P1 would be a no go for me.
I would take the HTM X over those Prelude 1's any day. The HTM X Multi-color is just an elegant shoe to me.
I agree with that - the HTM is just sleeker, more refined, and obviously more modern looking. But as I said above, I love the P1 and it's one of my favorites in my Kobe collection.

Prelude 1s > any Kobe X
Not directed at OP:

I wonder when absolute statements of value (opinions) are given, how often person offering said statement owns both pairs in question.

I have P1's. But I don't have Racecars yet, so I can't make the above statement based on actual evaluation. But, y'all get the point.

Back
Top Bottom