Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

What :lol:

Yeah, kids are tearing their Achilles all over the country in the Kobe 8

Idk how many 8s you had or if you even play basketball, but on break in of all 4 pairs of my 8s i had achillies pain. For about 2 weeks. After that no pain. Just during break in. I was not the only one. More people in the 8 thread said the same and also on a google search more people saying the same.

Im not trying to be controversial at all. Just a shoe gave me pain ive never had before. Guy who wore the most new pairs of that show had an injury where i and others felt pain. Thats not an unreasonable conclusion. Xavier henry also.

My boy actually tore his Achilles in the 8's as well. Not sure if it's linked, just food for thought.

Swap out the insoles. I put my 9 insoles into my 8's
The 9's weren't in the budget last year. I switched to my V POP's (hol it dine) after the first game this morning. I guess the way I play & Lunarlon don't mix. Hopefully the X's will have better tech suitable to how I play. 

The 9's weren't in the budget last year. I switched to my V POP's (hol it dine) after the first game this morning. I guess the way I play & Lunarlon don't mix. Hopefully the X's will have better tech suitable to how I play. 

HOL IT DINE! I see what you did there lol.

I have a pair of moonwalkers but they are DS, I am scared of UN DS'ing them to hoop because I fear I will have the same soreness I got with the 8's. Im not too sure if it's the full length lunar that caused my discomfort or whether it had something to do with the shank plate cracking/ being real flimsy.

Guess there is only one way to find out.

I have a pair of moonwalkers but they are DS, I am scared of UN DS'ing them to hoop because I fear I will have the same soreness I got with the 8's. Im not too sure if it's the full length lunar that caused my discomfort or whether it had something to do with the shank plate cracking/ being real flimsy.

Do it. The 9 are a far superior shoe.

Hoping a dope colorway causes me to turn, probably a flyknit version. Don't see myself going in like on the 9s

So is it safe to safe that these are not samples? Are these the retail version? I can't say I'm impressed but I wasnt with the 9 at first either.

What soreness did you have from the 8's? 

And is there any product description about the X's, specifically about the plate of the shoe? 

Anyone know how much they'll cost in the US?  ASG's are the only X I'll be after unless something WoWs me.

I like the X high Moreso than the IX. And that purple colorway high and low omg. Copped.

The X overall to me is better. More padded it appears.

Lunarlon is great for like 2 months and then it hurts. Can't have shoes that have such a short shelf-life for the price they cost...

What soreness did you have from the 8's? 

And is there any product description about the X's, specifically about the plate of the shoe? 

Achilles soreness from hooping in 8's.

So far what we know about the X is large volume Zoom in heel, lunar in forefoot. Don't know much about the plate or anything.

I honestly might end up with the green lows that are coming out. Im liking how they are doing the 3m with the black swoosh now. Im hoping that they are performance monsters. If not ill buy a few pairs for collecting and stick to my 9's for awhile.

Achilles soreness from hooping in 8's.

So far what we know about the X is large volume Zoom in heel, lunar in forefoot. Don't know much about the plate or anything.
I've never experienced achilles soreness from my 8's. Just on the bottom of my foot. 

Hopefully the X'll feel great for ballin like the V & 6 do for me. 

Last edited:
New CW of the Mentality's  
pimp.gif

These are a MUST cop for me.  Hopefully can get a pair for retail.

Lunarlon is great for like 2 months and then it hurts. Can't have shoes that have such a short shelf-life for the price they cost...

Yup. That's why I am PRAYING Nike releases a model with heel and forefoot zoom, or sell the insoles separately on nikeid. I'll buy a few pairs and use them in the 8, 9 (hopefully) and X.

I'll give them $30-$50 for full length zoom.

Last edited:
It doesn't appear that it will have the removable soles like the last 2 models have had. I could be wrong but with the heel 180 max zoom bag I don't think they will have the same setup we've seen in the 8 and 9.

Full length zoom would be amazing lol, I'm with you on that.

Idk how many 8s you had or if you even play basketball, but on break in of all 4 pairs of my 8s i had achillies pain. For about 2 weeks. After that no pain. Just during break in. I was not the only one. More people in the 8 thread said the same and also on a google search more people saying the same.

Im not trying to be controversial at all. Just a shoe gave me pain ive never had before. Guy who wore the most new pairs of that show had an injury where i and others felt pain. Thats not an unreasonable conclusion. Xavier henry also.

Back
Top Bottom