Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Mambacurials are nice IMO. They looked exactly as described before we saw them. The only difference is the added Nike swoosh and that's a plus in my eyes. Seriously after reading the description what did folks expect?

My biggest complaint about the Kobe line last two years and a lot will agree is the missed opportunity of the flyknit. You can do so much with the material and create such a unique colorway but their plan has always been one solid color mixed with black or one side one color the medial a different one. I guarantee if they mixed the colors together they would be a first week sellout GR or limited.

billbored.gif

Repped for the Russell gif. One of the best to ever do it. My grandfather was actually friends with him and I'm lucky enough to have a signed hat by him. Russell hardly gives autographs too because he doesn't like the spotlight and won't indentify himself as a celebrity.

Last edited:
Every KB10 that's dropped has gotten CW complaints. I think it's funny because they've used just about every color you can think of. What is this magic CW people want from Nike? Every thread is non stop complaints. I want people to draw me a picture of the Kobes, KD and Lebrons they want and in what CWs.

Please to all the folks who seem to like nothing. What's your alternative to what Nike is doing. Show me your can't miss models and CWs. Give me about 3 models worth of pics, CWs and tech improvements. Since it's so easy and Nikes designers are so bad.

The shoe above sold quick last year. Why? Is it some mind blowing CW? Nope. It was limited to a degree. That's why they moved. That 9 was garbage. Most of the base 10 CWs smash those. Point is dudes like limited stuff and hype. Folks just need to admit that GR sneakers don't move them.
I agree with you for the most, the avg snkr guy wants limited shoes even tho most would say they dont care about how rare a shoe is. 

My fav of all the Xs Ive seen thus far is the USA cw. My only complaint isnt as much about cws its that damn midsole/outsole. It doesnt look good to me when I look down at the shoe and in most profile shots of the shoe. 

If you gave me the 8/9s midsole/outsole with X cws Id be a lot more interested in the model 

As someone whos isnt a big Kobe fan but has loved the design of his shoes over the years, the X hasnt convinced me to buy any. The model isnt all that bad but for what they cost Id rather spend my money on other things. 

They're fine but think about how completely different the curial was when it dropped than the other 8s.

Was just hoping for some similar creativity.

yall tripping IMHO this is the best midsole we've gotten in yrs, finally no drop in midsole, i'm loving it, though i only own 1 pr of the Xs it's my fav over my 8s and 9s mostly because of the midsole but hey i tend to go against the grain for some reason
tired.gif

Honestly my biggest issue with the FK low Kobe 9 and 10 is due to the existence of the HTM. Besides the white/multi/gum HTM 9 the CWs aren't all that.

The quality is my issue. The materials used on the HTMs are so much better that it makes the GR versions look meh in comparison. It's the reason I sold my MC low ID last year. I felt as if I had a inferior Kobe product. An I did.

Quality has become more and more what I look for in my advanced sneaker collecting age (31). I've literally bought 1 pair of Jordan's in the last 8 years due to quality. I sold those (Toro 4) a week later.

FYI Arrowhead is my favorite Kobe 10 low all included to date.

Last edited:
So they made a pink colorway and threw in a nickname? Ain't nothing "soccer like" at all. Giving it the toe swoosh would of helped a lot. The x's have been fail

Last edited:
Mambacurials are nice IMO. They looked exactly as described before we saw them. The only difference is the added Nike swoosh and that's a plus in my eyes. Seriously after reading the description what did folks expect?
best cw so far IMO. I like pink sneaks. Especially with blk and/or grey

So they made a pink colorway and threw in a nickname? Ain't nothing "soccer like" at all. Giving it the toe swoosh would of helped a lot. The x's have been fail

I don't think nike gave them the nickname. Someone posted the color description a while back and said it sounds like a mambacurial type colorway. It took off from there

Are y'all just disappointed because of what you think it "should" be or do you just not like the colorway? Like the WTK9 was a terrible shoe as far as the concept goes but I thought it was a good colorway.
I just don't like the colorway. WTK9 are nice and that's why I bought them. I don't care for the name of the shoe or the concept as long as they look good.

I want a cw where the toe color is not different from the rest of the shoe.

I love the Rivalry but I hate the grey toe. Why are they doing that with every Elite low?
Totally agree with you. Hopefully they will have models without it, but I doubt it.

Put a swoosh on the toe, call it mambacurial.
 This 

Back
Top Bottom