Kobe X Official Thread Elite Series ‘Elite Team’ April 18th, ‘Elevate’ May 15th, ‘Rose Gold’ June 5

Will wait for the elites, copped for my son tho. I'm on a 1 pair a month budget this year so I don't wanna pull the trigger on these then some **** I really like drops.

I only want the Kobes from ASG pack. There seems to be very little hype for the pack as a whole. You guys think these may sit for a little?

I only want the Kobes from ASG pack. There seems to be very little hype for the pack as a whole. You guys think these may sit for a little?
if I had to guess I think they will sit but not for too long,  just because the ASG version will probably be much more limited than the GR 5AMs blue.

Last edited:
i tried these on at FL and i had to get them the comfort is unbelievable i even got a pair for my wife
trying to avoid that "wife eye rolling" 
wink.gif

Cant believe I missed that Ruvilla deal. Of course my size is the only one that sells out (12).

Cause Nike put out a crappy pair of shoes and upped the price? If we buy these at $180-200$ it justifies the price to them, and they will keep taking it higher! You Americans don't even have it bad, If I want a pair of Kobe 9 elite highs, guess what Im paying here in Canada....345$!!!! so, if thats not beyond ridiculous, I don't know what is. And its gonna keep getting worse if we all continue to support these prices. Even if the Kobe 10 was ground breaking, it still wouldnt justify an increase in price because THE PRICE IS ALREADY WAY TOO HIGH!!! Pretty soon, in the US, you guys will be faced with 300$ price tags for Kobes and Jordans, I wish there was a way we could not let it get to that point, and the only thing I can think of is, don't buy these overpriced, crappy shoes. The all star kobe 10's fall apart after a couple wearings, that is unacceptable for a 200$ shoe!
Just dont buy the shoes its simple. You dont like what someone else is doing then you change what you can and move on. 

Well in all fairness I went into the HOH in SA and tried on a pair of Xs. 

My initial thought is they felt comfortable on foot.

On foot with jeans my wife's comments " They look just like a regular pair of nike's."

I had on the perspectives and that might be why.

I will have to wait though for some more interesting colorways. 
For a sig shoe they do have that " reg nike" look to them 
I do make good money, its about principle. No item that costs 10-20$ to produce, should be selling for 200$, especially if its gonna fall apart so easily. Another thing for me to is, the one thing you can say about the Kobe 9 is, it was an amazingly constructed shoe! It was sturdy, the materials are strong, there are no trouble areas on the shoe. So to me, if Nike builds a shoe the next year, increases the price, and the shoe is a downgrade in quality, how does that make sense? And why would us consumers support that?
Nike Bball shoes cost more than 10-20 to produce. There are many other factors that goes into the cost/pricing of a shoe even if it did cost $20 to make. 

As far as your sneaker movement your time would be better served volunteering at some homeless shelter. Nike doesnt consider sneakerhead details when a shoe is made some will go over well and some wont if it aint for you then move on to another model or brand. There are lots of options on the market. 

I just wish Kobe's were sold at Finishline, it'd be a lot easier to accumulate & use those $20 rewards.
Go to the coupon thread. It's your birthday every month there! Plus you're getting your VIP points if you're shopping  at FLT, FA, or CMPS. No need to wait to reach $200 to get a coupon. 

Blue lagoon growing on me but I gotta hold out for the highs. Not feelin the all stars. That big silver tongue looks really odd IMO.

My biggest complaint right now with the shoe is how they have the stitching on one side the the shozoku on the other. Should just get rid of the stiching idea. Whats gonna happen next year, the shoe is gonna be modeled after his shoulder surgery. Maybe they will put an emblem of a sling on the back. 
I actually like the stitches and the asymmetry from one shoe to the other. The vertical heel tab and the stitches were one of my favorite parts of the 9. Better than two gigantic logos that barely fit in the panel. 

I dunno, I was hyped for the all stars til I saw nightwing's pair get torn up...
Still stoked for the ASGs even though NightWing's Xs really did look god awful in that video.  They can't all fall apart right like that, right...
ohwell.gif

Nick Young w/ the Purple Xs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom