Kobe IV Appreciation thread

I feel u Wayne. Comfort wise its between the IVs and VIIIs for me. Bought whiteouts to wear casually to work.

I would say the IV>VIII .the viii outsole so thin u can actually feel the ground u walking on.

^thanks fam! I've decided I'm taking a break from wearing my 8's and rocking nothing but 4's this month. lol
Yes! the 8's are great but they're being oversaturated. Makes you want to dig in the closet and pull out models you know a lot of these guys don't have.

Yes! the 8's are great but they're being oversaturated. Makes you want to dig in the closet and pull out models you know a lot of these guys don't have.

Yeah man, so many of these young cats thought the kobe line took off with the 6's or something, lol :smh:

The IV has been the best of the line IMO

Agreed!!! Hands down imo. As of now my #2's would be the 5's. The 8's may be up there but they NOT touching that #1 spot.

Yeah man, so many of these young cats thought the kobe line took off with the 6's or something, lol :smh:
Man, some of the younger dudes in the 8 thread really have no idea what they're talking about sometimes. A lot of them just run to whatever's the new colorway of the week and call it a grail :lol: :smh:

Man, some of the younger dudes in the 8 thread really have no idea what they're talking about sometimes. A lot of them just run to whatever's the new colorway of the week and call it a grail :lol: :smh:

Yea, I can't take it with the 8 thread. It's overbearing. That's why I'm not so quick to post in there. They like to look at people's post count and treat them accordingly.

Agreed!!! Hands down imo. As of now my #2's would be the 5's. The 8's may be up there but they NOT touching that #1 spot.
I always go back and forth with which is my second favorite between the 5 and 6. I'm never able to decide which I prefer more, sometimes it just depends on the day. Although the black & gold elite 8 made a strong argument when I played in them last week

Last edited:

Yea, it's comical but oh well....

The IV is just tops in the Kobe line....aside from the phylon bottoming out and the toebox creasing, the kick is almost flawless to me.

^I feel you Jslimm. It would be amazing if they retro'd the IV's and corrected some of the very few flaws. I'd go broke.

Wayne! Great pickup fam and for a good price. MLK's are beautiful. I damn near kept my triple but decided that I didn't need 3 pairs of em lol. If I could ever find another pair of chaos in my sz I'd be about happy, realizing that venoms may never happen. lol

Last edited:
Lol...yea venoms are absolutely beautiful......those are a distant memory now just like my beloved China 3s

^ sick. Keep them coming. DDS's are dope. Extremely hard to find now. I think I've only seen Kobe wear them a time or two at most.

Last edited:
^I had to have them after kobe hit that gm winner against the bucks in 09.
Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I think he was wearing the gradients for that game. IF I remember correctly, he debuted them on the road in Chicago. Can't remember when else he wore them

^Thanks guys. Man I've been in a IV's kinda mood lately. Heck I'm rockin my Rice Aways as we speak lol. I'm definitely on one lol.

Back
Top Bottom