Kobe is going be number 1 all said and done!

Also, Durant will probably end up with 8,000 after this year, his 4th year. Kareem had 10,000 after his 4th.
eek.gif

Also, Durant will probably end up with 8,000 after this year, his 4th year. Kareem had 10,000 after his 4th.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

He still assembled almost 3.000 points in his first three years by the time he turned 21, which is the same age Mike had when he started playing. In other words, he had a 3k point head start over anyone on that list. He would have around 24 thou right now had he went to college. Kareem's record will be broken though by some kid who has a head start sooner or later.
Kareem played 20 years...

Had MJ not retired twice.. He theoretically plays 19 years... And would also have the record...

Kobe is 32... He probably will play 4-5 more years... That's 19-20 years in the league.. 

Coming in from High School is not a head start... Wasn't for T-Mac (who has 2-3 years left of being a role player after 11 years), KG (who has 1-2 years left after 15 years), and wouldn't be for Kobe... If you enter the league at 17 and leave at 40 then it is a head start.. If you enter the league at 17 and leave at 36 or 37 (which most people think Kobe will) it is not a head start. It is a normal span of a career..

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

He still assembled almost 3.000 points in his first three years by the time he turned 21, which is the same age Mike had when he started playing. In other words, he had a 3k point head start over anyone on that list. He would have around 24 thou right now had he went to college. Kareem's record will be broken though by some kid who has a head start sooner or later.
Kareem played 20 years...

Had MJ not retired twice.. He theoretically plays 19 years... And would also have the record...

Kobe is 32... He probably will play 4-5 more years... That's 19-20 years in the league.. 

Coming in from High School is not a head start... Wasn't for T-Mac (who has 2-3 years left of being a role player after 11 years), KG (who has 1-2 years left after 15 years), and wouldn't be for Kobe... If you enter the league at 17 and leave at 40 then it is a head start.. If you enter the league at 17 and leave at 36 or 37 (which most people think Kobe will) it is not a head start. It is a normal span of a career..

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Durant and Lebron had a gooood head start, but Lebron probably won't do as much scoring now w/ wade and bosh there

Maybe KD has. Shot

Eh. Debatable. Right now he is averaging around 26 points a game. Come Playoff times I see this going WAYYYY up. I think its very likely that we will be seeing 30 points by wade, 30 points by lebron, and 20 points by Bosh consistently once the injuries fan out.

I dont think playoff points count as regular season points.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Durant and Lebron had a gooood head start, but Lebron probably won't do as much scoring now w/ wade and bosh there

Maybe KD has. Shot

Eh. Debatable. Right now he is averaging around 26 points a game. Come Playoff times I see this going WAYYYY up. I think its very likely that we will be seeing 30 points by wade, 30 points by lebron, and 20 points by Bosh consistently once the injuries fan out.

I dont think playoff points count as regular season points.

Originally Posted by Essential1

That's like 30 points a game for the next 5 years... You're crazy.. He gets to anywhere between 3-5 in the rank.. Most likely #3 High 34,000 something is what he ends up at...

Now if he started as a Rookie and there wasn't a lockout in his first 3 years then he would be #1.. That's why LeBron is probably going to break it barring injury, or early retirement..

Originally Posted by Essential1

That's like 30 points a game for the next 5 years... You're crazy.. He gets to anywhere between 3-5 in the rank.. Most likely #3 High 34,000 something is what he ends up at...

Now if he started as a Rookie and there wasn't a lockout in his first 3 years then he would be #1.. That's why LeBron is probably going to break it barring injury, or early retirement..

Bron will break Kareem's record, hes at 16,000+ right now and hes 26. He'll be approaching 30,000 in his early 30s. Kobe could break it before though IMO, depending on how long he plays. If he plays till hes 38-39 I could see him breaking it

Bron will break Kareem's record, hes at 16,000+ right now and hes 26. He'll be approaching 30,000 in his early 30s. Kobe could break it before though IMO, depending on how long he plays. If he plays till hes 38-39 I could see him breaking it

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Does playoff points count?

No, they don't. That's a separate stat. For example, "Most Points in Playoffs History" What OP posted, doesn't include playoff points.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Does playoff points count?

No, they don't. That's a separate stat. For example, "Most Points in Playoffs History" What OP posted, doesn't include playoff points.

Back
Top Bottom