Kobe and other stars to play exhibition games?

Gilas put on a better show compared to the PBA. They had thunderous dunks compared to the single dunk by A. Santos. On the NBA side, the game against PBA was more fun due to more highlights but nothing beats the thrill against the "close" game against Gilas.

did javale plank on a jeepney like he said he would?
laugh.gif

anybody got a higher quality of Japeth's dunk on KD?

did javale plank on a jeepney like he said he would?
laugh.gif

anybody got a higher quality of Japeth's dunk on KD?

I saw some of the highlights on youtube, and I was impressed with the RP National team. I really hope this competitive showing goes a long way towards their confidence to getting an olympic bid and even later than that. We Pinoys can ball....

I saw some of the highlights on youtube, and I was impressed with the RP National team. I really hope this competitive showing goes a long way towards their confidence to getting an olympic bid and even later than that. We Pinoys can ball....

Yes we can sir. The shoe kobe threw, the guy that caught it, it was don don's driver. Wish drose had more highlights! Parang tinatamad e.
pimp.gif
nba superstars having their shirts signed by pacman and being starstrucked. Pacman is king. Willie's boo... Amazing. Aga wearing shades courtside... Nice.

Yes we can sir. The shoe kobe threw, the guy that caught it, it was don don's driver. Wish drose had more highlights! Parang tinatamad e.
pimp.gif
nba superstars having their shirts signed by pacman and being starstrucked. Pacman is king. Willie's boo... Amazing. Aga wearing shades courtside... Nice.

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

pimp.gif
Ganon siya talaga, especially playing with all stars...he defers to his teammate just like in this year's all star-game.  Here's an excerpt from about the game in ChicagoNow:

Rose, once again, lacked much aggression, finishing with just six points. Quiet performances from Rose in games featuring multiple stars is nothing new. In the World Championships last summer, Rose averaged seven points (on seven field-goal attempts per game) for a Team USA squad led by Durant. In two All-Star game appearances (2010, 2011), Rose has scored a combined 19 points. Solid, sure -- however, not the Derrick Rose that Bulls fans are accustomed to seeing.

If Durant threw a better pass that alley oop attempt in the 2nd quarter would've been
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

pimp.gif
Ganon siya talaga, especially playing with all stars...he defers to his teammate just like in this year's all star-game.  Here's an excerpt from about the game in ChicagoNow:

Rose, once again, lacked much aggression, finishing with just six points. Quiet performances from Rose in games featuring multiple stars is nothing new. In the World Championships last summer, Rose averaged seven points (on seven field-goal attempts per game) for a Team USA squad led by Durant. In two All-Star game appearances (2010, 2011), Rose has scored a combined 19 points. Solid, sure -- however, not the Derrick Rose that Bulls fans are accustomed to seeing.

If Durant threw a better pass that alley oop attempt in the 2nd quarter would've been
eek.gif
pimp.gif

any idea if there are replays of these games again on tv? ..just hoping it will be on nba premium hd..haha..but this was brought by tv5 so i guess tv5 carries the copyrights..thanks

any idea if there are replays of these games again on tv? ..just hoping it will be on nba premium hd..haha..but this was brought by tv5 so i guess tv5 carries the copyrights..thanks

Originally Posted by reebski

I think there will be replays since aktv 13 doesn't really have shows to air. If I remember correctly they used to air replays of the FIBA Asia Champions Cup after the event was over.

Originally Posted by reebski

I think there will be replays since aktv 13 doesn't really have shows to air. If I remember correctly they used to air replays of the FIBA Asia Champions Cup after the event was over.

Saw this on RealGM:

Star-studded exhibition games like the two taking place in the Philippines this weekend are proving to be quite profitable as well, with one source with knowledge of the deals saying the Lakers' Kobe Bryant, Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant and Chicago's Derrick Rose are being paid more than $400,000 apiece for their weekend of work (reminder: tax-free).

That's a lot of money!
eek.gif
sick.gif
Even MVP couldn't make that much from ticket sales; let alone the fact that all the proceeds of the game will go to the MVP Foundation. We really got a bargain this past weekend. Thank you MVP!
pimp.gif

Saw this on RealGM:

Star-studded exhibition games like the two taking place in the Philippines this weekend are proving to be quite profitable as well, with one source with knowledge of the deals saying the Lakers' Kobe Bryant, Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant and Chicago's Derrick Rose are being paid more than $400,000 apiece for their weekend of work (reminder: tax-free).

That's a lot of money!
eek.gif
sick.gif
Even MVP couldn't make that much from ticket sales; let alone the fact that all the proceeds of the game will go to the MVP Foundation. We really got a bargain this past weekend. Thank you MVP!
pimp.gif

I know for a fact that they (the players) didn't get that much each ($400k) for their Manila trip. If anything, Kobe was paid more than any other player.

I think they jacked up the rates to use as a leverage in their CBA negotiations with the NBA owners. The NBAPA wants to get as much leverage as they can in these overseas engagements to hopefully use as a bargaining chip in the boardroom.

The weekend affair was not meant to be a real fundraiser, but just as MVP's treat to the Filipino basketball fans. Just look at it this way, if it was a fundraiser, patron tickets would definitely cost more than Php 5500 a pop. Also, the exclusive Saturday lunch meet-and-greet at Meralco was pegged at Php 10k/seat. That's way too cheap for a chance to mingle with the players. I sent an invite to Crux for the meet-and-greet but he begged off.
laugh.gif

I know for a fact that they (the players) didn't get that much each ($400k) for their Manila trip. If anything, Kobe was paid more than any other player.

I think they jacked up the rates to use as a leverage in their CBA negotiations with the NBA owners. The NBAPA wants to get as much leverage as they can in these overseas engagements to hopefully use as a bargaining chip in the boardroom.

The weekend affair was not meant to be a real fundraiser, but just as MVP's treat to the Filipino basketball fans. Just look at it this way, if it was a fundraiser, patron tickets would definitely cost more than Php 5500 a pop. Also, the exclusive Saturday lunch meet-and-greet at Meralco was pegged at Php 10k/seat. That's way too cheap for a chance to mingle with the players. I sent an invite to Crux for the meet-and-greet but he begged off.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom