Kirk Hinrich bad pass? (PTI)

the pass was horrible. yeah he looked, but he just tossed it to noah's feet. you're not supposed to make a big man go low like that. hinrich knows hemessed up. its not noah's fault at all. he was so far behind theres no reason for him to believe kirk would pass it up to him. and no reason to think kirkwould throw it at his feet.

I normally play point, and if I see someone running with me (but he starts to slow down) that layup is mine. If I see he's 15 feet away from me, regardlessif he's the person behind me and we're both ahead of the pack, just means he has my back in case I make a fool of myself and miss the layup. Noahdidn't run hard cause he assumed Kirk would just go for the layup because he was already far ahead of him.

Like KLJ said, it wasn't a Jason Kidd to VC kinda play where they do it all the time. Its always the PG's responsibility, he made the bad pass, so itshis fault. Nobody is defending Kirk or Noah.

I understand that you're a point guard, and I understand wanting to reward a big man for making a good play defensively (especially a rookie who sucksoffensively -- you want to get him easy baskets), but it was very clear that that was something they had never done together before; nobody knew what was goingon. Noah shouldn't have to make a Gold Glove stop just to field the pass.

^^ I guess but I think if thats TT low pass or not its not bumbled like that. I really don't like Noah either so that could be some of it also.

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

I can't find the damn play anywhere.
mad.gif

The video Craftsy21 posted is just a big white box on my screen.
ohwell.gif
^ The video is a few posts up.

tired.gif

Not nearly as bad as nate Robinson all alone throwing the ball off the floor and bricking his own alley-oop in a game.

Yikes, is it really that big of a deal?

If Noah would have caught the pass and slammed it down, Kirk would be praised for his unselfishness. People need to get off Kirk's back I think. He hasbeen great for the Bulls the past however many seasons.

I'll describe the play. Noah gets his hands on the ball and tips it to Hinrich breaking to the other end. No Atlanta Hawks make it past half court to tryand stop the play. Noah stole it and tipped it to Hinrich right on time. Hinrich dribbles out, gets to the free throw line, and turns around to see Noah comingdown court with no Hawks behind him. Hinrich then bowls a pass to noah at his feet. Noah misses the ball as it skirts under his hands. Chicago crowd startsbooing loudly. Atlanta corrals the ball at half court.

It's a bigger deal that it should be because Chicago is playing awful and Kirk Hinrich is playing worse than his rookie NBA season. The compounding factorsmade this a top 5 PTI issue.

1) Hinrich should have laid it up
2) Passing it back to your trailing big man is fine so long as the pass is good. It was a poor pass at Noah's feet. He practically bowled the basketballover to Noah.
3) Chicago barely cracking 40% from the field as a team. Free high percentage shots like layups must be executed.

If Jason Kidd has the ball on the same play he's throwing a pass off the backboard for the trailing finisher. Jason Kidd does this though so his guys knowto expect it.

dumb play by Kirk...he's having a tough season so far but when you're 3-10 I guess trying to make a pass for a more spectacular play as oppose to a layup is kind of reasonable...to get the crowd fired up a bit? but then again I would not give the ball to that ugly thing to get the crowd fired up
laugh.gif

the pass was bad, but does it really deserve this much attention? SMH at espn and the guy commentating the youtube video for blowing things out of proportion

the pass was bad, but does it really deserve this much attention? SMH at espn and the guy commentating the youtube video for blowing things out of proportion
that's what i'm saying. nobody on the bulls has been playing well. maybe deng but that's it. scott skiles has been ripping everybodythese days.

TT is about a million times more prepared for that pass than Noah is. You don't pass a ball to someone that isn't used to getting it in that position.He's a big man, if Hinrich wanted to give it up, throw him a bounce pass not a laser to his feet.

Bulls still won the game. I don't see why the media has to make a big deal out of it.

I think most people can grasp the concept that the trailer is supposed to be there for a rebound. This is not Noah's fault. Put yourself in Hinrich'sposition, would you pass? I wouldn't. Making a pass like that gives the defense more time to recover and foil the play. Bad things happen when you playbackwards.

Back
Top Bottom