King has aged surprisingly well

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

the instrumental to Bankhead is ridiculous.

Dro's verse in that song was
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I skip JUST to hear that verse. I knew I wasn't the only one buggin...

DJ Toomp is the man...

^^^ Agree All Day

Yes this album received a lot of unwarranted hate when it dropped but it is fire from front to back...

I'ma go ahead and state this and I know its outta the blue but %@!@ it I say it to myself everytime I hear it

"Kings Back" absolute #$+@+ on "The Rulers Back"

Everything about it from the intro, to the beat, to the flow, even the horns...
sick.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Yes this album received a lot of unwarranted hate when it dropped but it is fire from front to back...

I'ma go ahead and state this and I know its outta the blue but %@!@ it I say it to myself everytime I hear it

sick.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
eyes.gif
Negative...album is nice but there are a few skippabletracks...(Get It, Stand Up Guy, You Know Who...etc)

Both are official...I think lyrically King Back is hotter (Get your %*$ wiped out like Thailand) and the beat is more ferocious BUT

The Rulers Back might be the official confidence anthem...hopping out of the shower and getting fresh to TRB is unparalled
pimp.gif

I gotta give it to Jay

Originally Posted by eplaya06

sick.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
eyes.gif
Negative...album is nice but there are a few skippable tracks...(Get It, Stand Up Guy, You Know Who...etc)

1st and foremost.. I can rock with You Know Who... 2ndly and more important, You Do Realize That This Cd has 17 tracks if only 3 of them (2 imo) are suspect,THATS A DAMN GOOD CD BRUTHA

This CD was tight as hell to me. Never understood the hate for it.

I'm Straight is my favorite joint on there.

Originally Posted by eplaya06

sick.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
eyes.gif
Negative...album is nice but there are a few skippable tracks...(Get It, Stand Up Guy, You Know Who...etc)

1st and foremost.. I can rock with You Know Who... 2ndly and more important, You Do Realize That This Cd has 17 tracks if only 3 of them (2 imo) are suspect, THATS A DAMN GOOD CD BRUTHA
Nah I def agree that the cd is damn good...was just nitpickin about being fire from front to back..

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

Both are official...I think lyrically King Back is hotter (Get your %*$ wiped out like Thailand) and the beat is more ferocious BUT

The Rulers Back might be the official confidence anthem...hopping out of the shower and getting fresh to TRB is unparalled
pimp.gif

I gotta give it to Jay Slick Rick
Word

Guess I'm in the minority but I still can't play the whole CD a second time after 1 listen
I can cherry pick different songs out but this lacks replay value bad
I remember when this came out tho it got alot of love on NT till 3 weeks later or so when everyone realized it had no replay value

I've always liked KING
pimp.gif
but

TI vs TIP on the other hand..
grin.gif

(although, the album does have its moments)

Looking back at this album i'm not sure if this isn't TIP's best album in his catalog. The majority rides with Trap Muzik as do I but as far asreplay value goes give me KING. I forgot how hot this album was until I seen this thread. His best produced album to date for sure. I still think dudes albumssound like soundtracks and go all over the place but King and Trap Muzik are the two that atleast try to be consistent.

This album could drop tomorrow and go platinum.

It's my favorite T.I. album and the second best in his catalog.

"And the prophecy said..."
eek.gif

I love this album.. Best TIP album so far. I just hope he goes back to this type of +%@* like he said. I didn't like Paper Trail at all
smh.gif

Remembered it was a little older though.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Did OP seriously not mention "Goodlife?"

That's was I was sayin'
smh.gif

Goodlife is the only song I skip on the album. Its just cheesy. THe hook is anyway. I'm a Pharrell fan but I think I would've liked it better withouthim on the hook.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

It's solid.

I think Urban Legend is the album that really doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I can barely skip a track on that joint.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

1) The "Live In The Sky" version with him singin' the hook is 10x better than the Jamie/"Hollywood" final cut.

2) His last verse on said song + "Act I" off "T.I. vs T.I.P." foreshadowed his recent legal predicament and proved that he truly is the closet thing we have to 2Pac.

3) Yeah, I said that.

4) Goodnight.

I don't remember Pac ever snitching on anybody

Back
Top Bottom