Kevin Durant is playin some good basketball

No, I'm still not sold on him being a big time franchise player (ie Kobe, Bron)

But he is showing progress and definitely getting it.

pimp.gif

Of course I want Rose in NY

But I wouldn't be mad at

Rose, Durant, Green

Not mad at all.

He's shooting 53% this month, being efficient (more points on less shots) and he's rebounding and playing much better defense. For a lost cause seasonand playing with a bunch of nobodies, it's pretty darn good.

yeah he's not ROY in my opinion, but he has definitely ballin' of late. i knocked him a lot this past year, but his play this month has reallyimpressed me

Rose, Durant, Green
sick.gif
pimp.gif

I hated Green when he was on G'town just because it Gtown & especially after that play against vandy
laugh.gif
.. But son is gonna be a problem

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

If Durant aint the ROY then who the hell is?

AlHorford_070628.jpg

Almost averaging a double double, and has his team in playoff contention. No one talks about him either.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

If Durant aint the ROY then who the hell is?

apparently Al Horford is in the discussion. but Durant is going to get it.
Rose, Durant, and Green?
pimp.gif

Yeah, KD has really put things together nicely here down the stretch... He's scoring more points on fewer shots, getting to the line more frequently,rebounding better... Definitely playing at a much higher level the last month or so.
yeah he's not ROY in my opinion
Then who is?

People doggin him for shooting low percentages, but he came into a situation where he's the unquestioned go-to guy his rookie year on a team thatdoesn't exactly have a solid support system built around him... If you were expecting him to shoot around 50% this year, you're out of your mind.

Durant, Green, and potentially Rose/Beasley?
grin.gif
Trouble.

The only two others you could even consider being ROY have plenty of help on their squads. Durant has been on an island all season with a giant target on hisback. He's also had to deal with being one of the most hyped rookies ever. and he's backed it up. You have to take all that into consideration.

Almost averaging 10 and 10 gets you the ROY now? Sorry...but Durant IS Seattle. He's the one who has defenses centered around containing him. Horford is aPIECE to the puzzle in ATL. No other rookie has had the pressure that Durant has had and he's handled it quite nicely. Horford is but a piece to a puzzlein ATL...and let's cut the whole "has his team in playoff contention" idea. They are 10 games under .500. They aint as bad as Seattle...but justbecause they're in playoff contention because the East is so bad...let's not make it seem like they're doing so well.

By that logic...the 2005 ROY should have went to Andrew Bogut since he almost averaged a double double and "had" his team in the playoffs. KevinDurant is the best rookie in the NBA...bar none.

Playoff contention in the east means a whole lot..esp when your shooting for the 8 spot
grin.gif

Durant is getting ROY, plus he's been playing exceptionally well as of late.

let's be serious Durant is definitely the most deserving by far. For those of y'all that have NBA TV just look at how son is putting in work from allover the court. What always amazed me wasn't his stats but how he was getting them. His skill set is
sick.gif

Wait till he gets to the point where he realizes he can go to the rack and probably get fouled or score every time, cuz he can get to the rack off his footworkand skills already
Wait till he adds weight. Like his potential is through the roof because even tho he has a plethora of moves and can shoot from literally any spot on thecourt, I think he is fairly one dimensional because of his size

and this is why his college campaign impressed me wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than Beasley's. He was hitting shots from like anywhere. Like there was nosuch thing as a bad Kevin Durant shot

Even thought Horford's team is in playoff contention, its not just Horford that is carrying that team. Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, Mike Bibby, JoeJohnson.

Seattle, they have...

Chris Wilcox?

laugh.gif

The ROY goes to Durant, no contest.

Scola is ROY... Durant and Horford are on teams under .500... I dont think ROY should go to a team with a losing record.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

laugh.gif
...those 3 would be complement each other perfectly

so he is shooting over 25%?
laugh.gif
, 42 and goin up...I said he wouldn't shoot 40% this year, provin me wrong

yup.

shooting over 50% this month i believe as well.

Back
Top Bottom