Kentucky not making the NCAA Tournament Appreciation Post

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

redsfan3:
They are getting worse every year.
frown.gif
eight2one:
when did they get rid of Tubby Smith? and Why?
eek.gif

What man?

On that Tubby topic, I've had season tickets to the Gophers both seasons Tubby has now been in town and I would like someone maybe from Kentucky to tell mewhat offensive system Tubby and his staff run. Because two full years later I cannot figure it out and it has been some of the ugliest basketball I have seenin 20 years of going to Gopher games. And that includes Monson years.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

Man if Maryland can miss the tourney, i'd be a happy man

They need to do some damage in the ACC tourney to get in, I don't think they'll end up in.

oh wow, what a shocker, Maryland misses the tournament with a team where the tallest player is 6'6.

what's funnier, is Georgetown missing the tournament with all their fanfare and bigshot recruits...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

lol at that 15 page thread for a failed season...

Billy has been a letdown...the things he did at texas a&m had wildcat nation geeked...wit the sec having such a down yr, they should have contended for thechampionship or at least be in the top 3...I see him gettin one more yr and if he doesn't get the job done, then he's out...but if they cut him loosethis offseason, I wouldn't be surprised...making tubby look good out there in gopher land

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

oh wow, what a shocker, Maryland misses the tournament with a team where the tallest player is 6'6.

what's funnier, is Georgetown missing the tournament with all their fanfare and bigshot recruits...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Agreed...but when you look on the bright side. We still don't have a loss to Morgan State on our resume and talented players actually want togo to the school
pimp.gif
Things could be worst. Our best player could be GrevisVasquez
sick.gif

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Agreed...but when you look on the bright side. We still don't have a loss to Morgan State on our resume and talented players actually want to go to the school
pimp.gif
Things could be worst. Our best player could be Grevis Vasquez
sick.gif
oh, like Dashonte Riley?
laugh.gif

Georgetown, Kentucky, Maryland and St. John's not making the tournament all in the same year? That would have been blasphemy back in the day.

What's even better about this situation is that should Kentucky get a high seed in the NIT and host a home game, they won't be able to host it at RuppArena
laugh.gif

They have the high school basketball championship games scheduled for Rupp Arena during NIT time
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Agreed...but when you look on the bright side. We still don't have a loss to Morgan State on our resume and talented players actually want to go to the school
pimp.gif
sick.gif
oh, like Dashonte Riley?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Umm. We lost a four star big man and still have a fourstar wing on board and we're about to lock another 5 star in Latavious Williams and we've got some talent coming in for 2010 also. What's thatrecruiting class looking like for the Terps?

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
sick.gif
oh, like Dashonte Riley?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Umm. We lost a four star big man and still have a four star wing on board and we're about to lock another 5 star in Latavious Williams and we've got some talent coming in for 2010 also. What's that recruiting class looking like for the Terps?
i'll bump this thread when we get Lance...
nerd.gif

SIKE! we don't have a chance in hell lol. but i can dream..

dude who never shows face after Maryland losses has things to say?

ya 15 page thread, I'll keep it runnin through the NIT and bump it for Kenner League.

Ya, Lance a kid from Brooklyn will help long term recruiting for Maryland....take him.

laugh.gif
@UMD fans being gassed over Lance visiting. even if yall do get him,what exactly are yall expecting from him in that ONE year.

He's not that good imo.

laugh.gif
Lance never seriously considered Maryland. He was just using y'all along with Wake and UCLA to take care of his family. The only two teams that have ashot at Lance are St. John's and Kansas.

Originally Posted by eight2one

when did they get rid of Tubby Smith? and Why?
wow...seriously? and nobody got rid of Tubby...Tubby left on his own.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

On that Tubby topic, I've had season tickets to the Gophers both seasons Tubby has now been in town and I would like someone maybe from Kentucky to tell me what offensive system Tubby and his staff run. Because two full years later I cannot figure it out and it has been some of the ugliest basketball I have seen in 20 years of going to Gopher games. And that includes Monson years.
Offense? Tubby and offense? That's why we never had guys put up big #'s consistently under Tubby...he's ALL about D, which was fineby me because he won a ton of games. it's not attractive basketball, that's for sure, but he wins.

but had Tubby been coaching this year's UK team, guarantee you there would be no bubble talk.

Pat's coming back tho, i'm sure missing the tourney this season had something to do with his decision. had he left after this year, he woulda neverplayed in an NCAA tourney game (he was hurt at the end of the last year.) so like i said...appreciated.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom