Keiji Muto/Great Muta Appreciation Post (For All My Wrestling Dudes)

Much Appreciated. One of the greatest wrestlers of all time, and one of two people that were really successful with two completely different gimmicks. Everybody knows the other one.

That's so weird. I just watched Hogan and Muta today as well as Muta vs. Bob Sapp. (
laugh.gif
don't ask)

i remember muta, dude was
pimp.gif
in wrestling

i remember the ppvs wcw had against japanese stars, forgot the name of the ppv tho

some ppl may not know this but the nwo was an idea taken out of japan

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i remember muta, dude was
pimp.gif
in wrestling

i remember the ppvs wcw had against japanese stars, forgot the name of the ppv tho

some ppl may not know this but the nwo was an idea taken out of japan
I am not sure about the NWO idea was taken out of Japan. Where did you get this from? The NWO started in WCW, then there was an NWO Japan after that. But you said the idea was taken from Japan. Not sure if that is true.

World Cup of Wrestling was Starrcade 1995.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starrcade#1995

Originally Posted by horchata kid

OP..I dont know who you are...but kudos good man. I just bought a Japanese wrestling magazine with Muta on the cover.
I think it was for the Wrestle Kingdom 3.

Really? DC has been upper-midcard for a while now

erick bischoff said it in the rise and fall of wcw dvd

he took the idea from japan

from wikipedia

The nWo storyline was an idea WCW Executive Vice President Eric Bischoff came up with after attending a New Japan Pro Wrestling show. He wanted to do an invasion-type angle where WCW was kayfabe being sabotaged by another wrestling group (initially insinuated as being the WWF, since its founding members had previously wrestled for the company). The nWo was originally portrayed as a separate entity from WCW (often, propaganda-style vignettes and product commercials concerning the nWo were preceded by an "interruption in the feed", and a voice proclaiming, "The following announcement has been paid for by the New World Order").

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

That's so weird. I just watched Hogan and Muta today as well as Muta vs. Bob Sapp. (
laugh.gif
don't ask)
Just funny seeing Hogan actually wrestle for once.
laugh.gif

THis is a GEM

Japanese Goldust? How because of the face paint? Come on now. Don't disrespect Muta by comparing him to Goldust.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Muta vs. Bob Sapp. ( 
laugh.gif
don't ask)
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

yo that match is hilarious, bob sapps move-set is 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
and the flying headbutt at the end and then muta blows him up from the ramp
laugh.gif

Great Muta is def. one of my favorites of all time. The Dream Match in Japan where him and Sting teamed up and wrestled the Steiner Bros. was a Classic
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

Junshin Liger and The OG Hayabusa son. no one even touches them.
Muta vs Liger
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
legendary match.

I'm not gonna lie though. I was always more of a AJPW fan than NJPW. Even my SN is a riff off of my main dude Toshiaki Kawada, Dangerous K

423960-tk3_large.jpg

pict08.jpg

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Ah DangerousG, that is cool we have a Kawada fan on here. I got into AJPW late. But the head drops over there were way too much. I was like.......................when I got around to those.

Speaking of All Japan, how many of these matches have you seen?

http://www.deathvalleydri...Bestof90s/AJresults.html
I've seen the majority of the early 90s matches on that list. I have a bunch VHS tape sets of that era from back when tape trading/buying was still cool.
laugh.gif

And yeah...the head drops are a little tough to watch, especially now with what happened to Misawa. I still haven't gone back to watch any of his matches since.
tired.gif

the bumps dudes take in japan are redic, still doin drivers n all that
that burning hammer compilation on youtube is gnarly

Man Muta was my dude back in the day..When I was little I used to yell out "MUTA" right before I'd try to moonsault my wrestling buddy..

Back
Top Bottom