Katt Williams Wants The Smoke, Goes In on Tiffany Haddish, Kevin Hart and Others on V-103

Tours are for money. Skits don’t really pay the bills.. And basically he just does the coulda been records and crowd material at his shows
Crowd material like what? And what exactly is coulda been records. From his ig it just seems like a talent show without an prize

1704412716855.png

I remember when it aired :lol:
Fresh prince of bel air knockoff :lol:

Was on ABC for few weeks then didn’t get picked up S/O to Kev grind :pimp:

Kev definitely got fast tracked, not that that is a bad thing or something to look down upon.....

he wasn't on the stand up scene THAT LONG and he was only on the EAST COAST

Usually stand ups grind on the national circuit for YEARS until they break through.

Ralph Barbosa is another good example of this
This is def not true. He did comedy everywhere before getting his "big" break. I'm pretty sure yall won't care to, but if you listen to his podcast comedy gold mines, he talks a lot about how he and his comedian friend Na'im Lynn would drive around the country in a old Honda doing stand up. I feel like people just hate Kev because he's more successful than their favorite comedian. A lot of black folks don't believe in the saying that it's enough food for everyone to eat. But really. Kev didn't blow up until after Shaqs Allstars comedy thing and then, think like a man movie.

Well of course
Hard to NOT be funny
When u steal funny jokes

Dude been around for 30+ years. I guess he’s stolen everything.

He was funny on Welcome home roscoe jerkins, all the barbershops, the Steve Harvey show, def comedy jam, and many more appearances.

I guess Ced has stole ALL his material for 30+ years?

Kevin Hart been doing comedy for decades. To say he was fast tracked is disingenuous. Soul Plane damn near ended his career but he grinded and got back into the spotlight. Just because he's in a bunch of **** now doesnt mean he didnt deserve it.
He was fast tracked at the beginning of his career. That's what people are referring to.. it's not disingenuous and I don't think it's a diss either. Some guys catch breaks and some don't. It's life.

It was weird seeing Dave in Nutty Professor, Half Baked, Blue Streak then he was in You Got Mail and I think his role was bigger in that movie than the rest. Totally different lanes.

I'ma big Dave fan but I don't know if they was tryna make him happen sooner and he didn't resonate so he had to pay his dues.

Look I'm with Katt 100% but I don't like how the internet is trying to invalidate Ced's career. Yes, he stole Katt's joke and was wrong for trying to present Katt as a liar, but Ced is one of our legends and seems to be a humble, low-key dude. Ced is getting all the smoke that Steve should be receiving. Steve is a sambo and snake. It'll never sit right with me what he tried to do to Bernie, how is that your mans but you calling studios telling them not to hire him and trying to sabotage his name. And let's not forget when Steve had Monique on his show and essentially told her that she was right but that in order to get what she wants she has to be subservient to them folks and stop making them uncomfortable. I couldn't take that sambo seriously any longer.

Dude been around for 30+ years. I guess he’s stolen everything.

He was funny on Welcome home roscoe jerkins, all the barbershops, the Steve Harvey show, def comedy jam, and many more appearances.

I guess Ced has stole ALL his material for 30+ years?
U know writers write movies and tv shows
Back then wasn’t too much ad-lib
But go ahead
Defend him
I ain’t gonna rain on ur parade
He ain’t stole nothing from me

Look I'm with Katt 100% but I don't like how the internet is trying to invalidate Ced's career. Yes, he stole Katt's joke and was wrong for trying to present Katt as a liar, but Ced is one of our legends and seems to be a humble, low-key dude. Ced is getting all the smoke that Steve should be receiving. Steve is a sambo and snake. It'll never sit right with me what he tried to do to Bernie, how is that your mans but you calling studios telling them not to hire him and trying to sabotage his name. And let's not forget when Steve had Monique on his show and essentially told her that she was right but that in order to get what she wants she has to be subservient to them folks and stop making them uncomfortable. I couldn't take that sambo seriously any longer.
U gotta be humble and lowkey
Seen what happened to that mencina dude
Stole them jokes
Folks wasn’t trippin at first
But then got all flagrant with it
Then see what happened to him

U gotta be humble and lowkey
Seen what happened to that mencina dude
Stole them jokes
Folks wasn’t trippin at first
But then got all flagrant with it
Then see what happened to him
Oh no I mean even outside the joke stealing, Ced has always come across as a good energy, positive dude. By Katt's own admission, Ced apologized to him. Ced was wrong here for going on Shannon's show and doing that but again, I think we're going to far by trying to invalidate the man's entire career.

Crowd material like what? And what exactly is coulda been records. From his ig it just seems like a talent show without an prize
Well yea, it’s a talent show where he gets crazy individuals and riffs on them. And crowd work like interacting with random members he may pick out etc. it’s more of a variety show type deal but live

This is def not true. He did comedy everywhere before getting his "big" break. I'm pretty sure yall won't care to, but if you listen to his podcast comedy gold mines, he talks a lot about how he and his comedian friend Na'im Lynn would drive around the country in a old Honda doing stand up. I feel like people just hate Kev because he's more successful than their favorite comedian. A lot of black folks don't believe in the saying that it's enough food for everyone to eat. But really. Kev didn't blow up until after Shaqs Allstars comedy thing and then, think like a man movie.
Yes Kevin and big Jay oakerosn have tons of stories about them driving back and forth from Philly to New York for shows etc.

It shows that people don’t really know how the business works. These comics all know each other and put each other on. Patrice put kev on a lot of stuff and you meet other producers etc and then eventually your agent has you shoot a small tv pilot done see where it goes

It was weird seeing Dave in Nutty Professor, Half Baked, Blue Streak then he was in You Got Mail and I think his role was bigger in that movie than the rest. Totally different lanes.

I'ma big Dave fan but I don't know if they was tryna make him happen sooner and he didn't resonate so he had to pay his dues.
Dave has been getting sitcoms and movie roles since he was a teen. He’s had multiple pilots and was even given a movie of his own(which bombed etc) but still given a movie before killing me softly . If anything that’s the poster child for a plant but Katt won’t say that because 1. Dave is more loved than he is & 2. Dave is kind of universally seen as funny. So he can’t attack him.

Back
Top Bottom