Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

FfpN4x0X0AAVMjn.jpeg

And like osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh pointed out, people are allowed to criticize Jewish people. And do it routinely.

This stuff is so stupid

So much of our political discourse is filled with dog whistles about Jewish people. But these "free thinkers" will whine and whine and whine about being censored
Its sad and disgusting how a certain segment of American politics can weaponize language with no real backlash. Dog whistles have turned into more than whistles lately too. The white supremacist march on Charlottesville was only 5 years ago :smh:

Some folks listen to what's being said and make up their own mind whether to accept or deny it - independent of who said it.

I'm really not a fan of non-centextual reasoning...it just sounds like an excuse for confirmation bias in this instance

It's easy to ignore the questionable integrity of that quote, one that is often used to justify belief in antisemitic conspiracy theories, when the reader is willing to remove the context of it being originally penned by a dyed in the wool Neo Nazi

a lot of the awful discussion resulting from this clown's antics have really put the spotlight on talking heads who claim to be about justice, equality, whatever, but are really just about riding the same power structures that have existed in this country just under a different guise and leadership. "they do/did it too" isn't an argument. repeating similar tropes with a similar lack of accountability by doubling down on hate speech isn't an argument.

To be fair Kanye couldn’t sell that yeezy clothing line with the $200 tshirts with holes in it either
man homeless couture was a nice moment doe. Hugs Life of Pablo merch whilst blasting Frank Ocean

I'm really not a fan of non-centextual reasoning...it just sounds like an excuse for confirmation bias in this instance

It's easy to ignore the questionable integrity of that quote, one that is often used to justify belief in antisemitic conspiracy theories, when the reader is willing to remove the context of it being originally penned by a dyed in the wool Neo Nazi

Yeah - I get it.

I'm really not a fan of ad hominem logical fallacy.

In my mind "“To determine the true rulers of any society, all you must do is ask yourself this question: Who is it that I am not permitted to criticize?" doesn't conjure thoughts of Jewish folks.

Hans Christian Andersen? Sure.

Anti-Semitism - not so much, regardless of who used it for what - I can think for myself.

I can also criticize anyone I want.

What I cant do (especially as a public figure) is criticize an entire race on the internet, and expect to receive no consequences - regardless of the race I'm criticizing.

giphy (3).gif

Why wouldn't it be?

Adidas owns most of the designs. Nearly all of them by the looks of it.

I suppose it depends on the contract they signed - like Chappelle said.

Taking his artistic designs and scratching his name off defeats the whole purpose.

A Yeezy by any other name is still the same. Pay that man.

How does increasing their profits by no longer paying Ye for his work = support for Jewish folks / fighting anti-Semitism?

Is it smart on Adidas part? Sure.

Is it legal? Depends on the contract.

Is it dirty. Definitely.

Just goes to show - The business of business is business.

Taking his artistic designs and scratching his name off defeats the whole purpose.

How does increasing their profits by no longer paying Ye for his work = support for Jewish folks / fighting anti-Semitism?

Is it dirty. Definitely.

This is silly, When Tinker retires, will Nike stop selling AM1 and AJ3? Hell no. They own those silos, they'll keep selling them when the designer is dead and gone. Adidas owns the silos, they can do what they want with them.

I don't think Rev 2:9 has anything to do with what Kanye is ranting about.
He discussed it in his interview. Don’t remember which one.

Furthermore Revelations 2:9 is relevant because Ye is watching his empire crumble in front of him from which he perceives to be by the Synagogue of Satan. Some would even say this belief is fueling his manic behavior.

One side is right and one side is wrong. Simple as that. A historical sit down with both sides top scholars would end the conversation for good. There’s no reason I can think of that the ADL shouldln’t want to sit down and have this conversation. Plenty of people have been brought to Holocaust museums and things of the similar ilk when they mistakenly made anti-semitic comments.

As a spectator I have to admit it would be a bad look if something were to come forth definitively demonstrating that the Modern Jew is not the historical Hebrew written of in the book. The historical implications alone would bring it’s own controversies. Within the context of the Abrahamic faiths I’m not sure how that would be salvaged.

This is silly, When Tinker retires, will Nike stop selling AM1 and AJ3? Hell no. They own those silos, they'll keep selling them when the designer is dead and gone. Adidas owns the silos, they can do what they want with them.

People bought Jordan's because of Jordan.

People bought Yeezy's because of Kanye.

I aint even know who TInker Hatfield was when I was a kid :lol:

Wasnt nobody checkin for the new Tinkers Fam.

Regardless...Contracts.

a lot of the awful discussion resulting from this clown's antics have really put the spotlight on talking heads who claim to be about justice, equality, whatever, but are really just about riding the same power structures that have existed in this country just under a different guise and leadership. "they do/did it too" isn't an argument. repeating similar tropes with a similar lack of accountability by doubling down on hate speech isn't an argument.
reminds me of the r kelly supporters

celebrities and politicians are like gods to weak minded individuals. they will deflect and shout excuses until they're blue in the face.

Is it dirty. Definitely.

Apparently Ye's name does not appear on the parents either. An Adidas VP, which probably means Ye wasn't a chief designer...

IP Split​

Adidas said it owns the “design rights to existing products” and past and future color combinations of the shoes. Filings with the US Patent and Trademark Office show that Adidas obtained a series of design patents for the Yeezy Boost 350 shoe in 2017 and 2018.

The shoes were created by Nic Galway, Adidas’ vice president of global design, according to the filings.

The partnership between Ye and Adidas appears to be a “standard licensing deal” that was labeled as a collaboration, according to Kurtz.“That means that Kanye is licensing to Adidas his trademarks and intellectual property, Yeezy and YZY, to put on shoes and apparel,” he said. “Adidas looks to be the one who’s doing the manufacturing and the designing, and that’s why they’re the ones on all the design patents.”

So they are probably not his designs, he licensed his name to Adidas. With Adidas doing the heavy lifting. The clothing seems like is Ye's.

At most it was probably the same setup with Nike with an actual designer doing the heavy lifting and Ye approving the final designs.

So if this is the case I don't really see anything dirty with Adidas releasing shoes they developed without Ye's name on them.

Is it dirty. Definitely.

so kanye west designed yeezys?

Tinker never had a line of shoes branded as “Air Tinkers” though, he was just a designer for projects that Nike was already initiating

That’s not the case here lol

Depending on what silhouette comes next for Ye it will be interesting to see if the ADZY’s work. People gonna want the foam runners and **** like 350/700’s regardless but if Ye still has a strong design team he may be able to drop some **** that makes people feel like the adidas joints ain’t the “real” Yeezys no more :lol:.

People bought Jordan's because of Jordan.

People bought Yeezy's because of Kanye.

I aint even know who TInker Hatfield was when I was a kid :lol:

Wasnt nobody checkin for the new Tinkers Fam.

Regardless...Contracts.
And people bought Air Trainers bc of Bo and Uptempos bc of Pippen. Nike owns the silo and can sell them way after the brand ambassador is employed. Kanye was a designer/brand ambassador. He has no ownership of the shoes.

The contracts are known. The company owns the silo and they can do what they want with it.

Back
Top Bottom