Kanye West: King of the Sunken Place, "Watch the Throne"

Depends on what you think his point is to begin with. The convenient/genius thing about it is that any further discussion of the concepts he brings up when he asks who controls the black voice on a corporate level in the music industry is instantly hit with a label :lol: so sure. Respect and love to all people though.
How can a dude have 6+ hrs worth of interviews and we are still trying to figure out what his point was.

Maybe he's just off his meds.

Depends on what you think his point is to begin with. The convenient/genius thing about it is that any further discussion of the concepts he brings up when he asks who controls the black voice on a corporate level in the music industry is instantly hit with a label :lol: so sure. Respect and love to all people though.
Like I said, non bigoted people that want to entertain Ye's talking points are just being useful idiots for white supremacists.

"Why can't we discuss Jews control over industries" seems like the lamest of complaints

Like to what end does this conversation need to even take place.

Really seems like some of y'all just want to be antisemitic without the consequence of being labeled as such

Like I said, people that want to entertain Ye's talking points are just being useful idiots for white supremacists.

"Why can't we discuss Jews control over industries" seems like the lamest of complaints

Folks who wrote this character white supremacists too?

Jaylen Brown was just defending Kanye YESTERDAY
He signed with Donda in May of this year while Kanye was wilding out
Probably texting him sad emojis right now and calling him "Big bro"

He walked back his defense and has dropped Donda today.

Ff89R21WQAAi4W8

Really seems like some of y'all just want to be antisemitic without the consequence of being labeled as such

The ridiculous jump here is that the desire to examine who controls these urban entertainment industries, whether Asian/White/Christian/or otherwise, is automatically calling for violence and persecution against whoever controls those industries? :lol:

Are diddy, birdman, suge knight, jewish?

The great thing about this is you bringing up these names thinking they were in control of their respective situations

I don’t know the ethnicities/religion/race of the paler gentlemen in these photos…

H3EZ5D244ZDD5L5VNSJQ2MIQVE.JPG

I know we love to shoot down, "WhatAboutIsms" but IS there a legit argument against the frustration Black Folks feel when they see people not get the level of punishment for disrespecting them as they do when other groups are harmed/disrespected?

I know some of us have already expressed that if Black Folks took themselves more seriously we would magically get that level of pull/respect. (Interesting that comment went unchecked by many in here but that is another story)

The idea that "injustice persists because we allow it" is true at the societal level, but obscures vast disparities in individual and group power. If you, individually, still listen to Joe Rogan - that may make you come off as a hypocrite, but it doesn't alter the fact that you have a lot less power to effect change than the CEO of Spotify. It's easy for those in such positions to spout platitudes about “empowerment,” which amount to little more than “pull yourselves up by the bootstraps.”

The truth of the matter is that systemic oppression in our society has always relied on divide and conquer strategies.

In 2016, the majority of White women who voted voted against a White woman.

What does that tell you? Those most narrowly focused on their own individual self-interests are less likely to view equality as the promise of gain than as a prospect of loss.

There are people today who are so worried about losing ground to someone they feel ought to be beneath them – immigrants, LGBTQIA+ people, non-Christians, and so on – that they would rather invest in the structure of inequality itself so long as it gives them someone to look down upon.

That is a tragedy.

And so, we ought to ask ourselves if our cause is individual liberation or meaningful equality.

If we're committed to equality, then we have to fight as hard for each other as we do for ourselves.

Too many people only care about something when they feel like it impacts them.

It was recorded in 1988 and 1993. That's 30 and 35 years ago. He was 15 and 21. He just turned 50.

I don't think it was an accident. I think it was acceptable in his group and he didn't think he was doing anything wrong. I don't think he said it with any hate. But hey, if you want to listen to a song from 30-35 years ago and judge him as racist for using the word his crew used,, thats your right to do so. Ignoring all context and everything else we know about him is weird to me but you do you.

And again, I'm not a huge Eminem fan so please stop pinning my thoughts to that.

I don't care if you're an Eminem fan or not. I said that in 2003, people were bending over backwards to justify Eminem's use of a vicious racial slur, not unlike the way Ye fans are twisting themselves in knots to excuse his recent outbursts, and you jumped off the top rope to defend him. Nobody asked you to do that.

The rest of this comes off as incredibly passive aggressive and I sincerely think you need to take a step back and ask yourself why you, as a White person, feel it's necessary to take this attitude that it's "weird" to be upset about a song whose lyrics include, "Never date a black girl because blacks only want your money." You don't think he said that "with any hate?"

How about this one?

"Black girls and white girls just don't mix
Because black girls are dumb and white girls are good chicks"

That doesn't bother you? Okay. Again, that would be easy for you to say if it doesn't affect you.
If it bothers me or someone else, that's "weird?"

Yeah, maybe that rush to defend this guy you're "not a huge fan of" may have been premature.

Do me a favor: look up the lyrics to "Foolish Pride", then report back here and call me weird again for my refusal to forget about it because he took a knee in 2020.

I will be here.

Thread was a rollercoaster. :lol: :smh:

All caught up now.

Gonna attempt the same in the Yeezy thread.

As long as you're there, kindly help me out and report anything offensive that hasn't yet been removed. I'd greatly appreciate it.

These past couple of weeks have been like:

mop.gif

the Untied States
Was that a written Freudian slip? :lol:

Adidas being a German based Company has to play a big part in this no?
Fun fact about the Confederate flag: it's the flag of choice of German neo-nazis because they can't fly Nazi symbols in the country. It will land them in jail.

I don't think it is far-fetched to suggest that adidas considered the impact of dealing with Kanye at home and decided that it wasn't worth the trouble.

The ridiculous jump here is that the desire to examine who controls these urban entertainment industries, whether Asian/White/Christian/or otherwise, is automatically calling for violence and persecution against whoever controls those industries? :lol:
It's the desire to rely on conspiratorial thinking that brings out the criticism.

There's a valid explanation for the overwhelming presence of Jewish people in the entertainment/finance industry, and it's the same one that explains the overwhelming presence of black folks in athletic disciplines and menial occupations: America's long-lasting love affair with professional segregation.

But this doesn't quite tickle the I-know-something-you-don't bone.

So let me get this? A jewish man helped a former bodyguard build a 250million follar music empire, a dj become a billionaire...and he's somehow a villain in your story

Please stop saying Jewish I don’t know Jimmy Iovine’s race or ethnicity.

Black Death pain and trauma one of the biggest sources of his wealth and then he’ll go on The Shop and say black people don’t deserve reparations after eating off of 3 of the biggest gangsta rappers (something birthed from the remnants of slavery) in each decade if not the biggest ones of all time. I don’t know about villain but that makes him…something.

This ain’t even going into the ripple effects a Pac/Snoop/Death Row, 50 Cent and G-Unit or Chief Keef and that whole era may have had on the thinking patterns of black youth in the late 90’s/2000’s/2010’s.

1666741674489.png

Revelation 2:9
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

One day I’d like to see an intelligent conversation from the leaders of the Abrahamic faiths regarding the above scripture and a thorough discourse on how they arrived to the conclusion on who’s who.

Was that a written Freudian slip? :lol:

Fun fact about the Confederate flag: it's the flag of choice of German neo-nazis because they can't fly Nazi symbols in the country. It will land them in jail.

I don't think it is far-fetched to suggest that adidas considered the impact of dealing with Kanye at home and decided that it wasn't worth the trouble.

It's the desire to rely on conspiratorial thinking that brings out the criticism.

There's a valid explanation for the overwhelming presence of Jewish people in the entertainment/finance industry, and it's the same one that explains the overwhelming presence of black folks in athletic disciplines and menial occupations: America's long-lasting love affair with professional segregation.

But this doesn't quite tickle the I-know-something-you-don't bone.
Kanye was wearing Bombers with confederate flags from before the yeezy partnership, so I don't think that was the reason. They did it under pressure after being called out from celebs and people internally within their own company.

Folks who wrote this character white supremacists too?

I said useful idiot for white supremacists

I didn't call anyone a white supremacists

And yes, he is. But that is the Sopranos, it was great television show but it leans into stereotypes. Especially the negative ones.

You really thought a Sopranos clip to strawman me was gonna be a banger of a comeback?

Back
Top Bottom