<>Kanye West & Jay-Z 'Watch The Throne'<> Ns in PARIS video on pg. 290

Originally Posted by thakidfrombk

wow i gotta try to sell my jersey tickets now. i'd rather go to the MSG show

I feel the same way, worst case ill end up going to the NJ show too
laugh.gif

hope this presale isnt too bad this morning
nerd.gif

has their been any work on new vids or anything pertaining to music from dudes... Out of all the projects released this year i feel like this has the staying power and the ability to be pushed..

Especially with the visuals

has their been any work on new vids or anything pertaining to music from dudes... Out of all the projects released this year i feel like this has the staying power and the ability to be pushed..

Especially with the visuals

Kanye said the second show is better because they'll be paying tribute to Atlanta legends (Outkast, T.I., Ludacris, Young Jeezy, Jermaine Dupri, Usher)

Kanye said the second show is better because they'll be paying tribute to Atlanta legends (Outkast, T.I., Ludacris, Young Jeezy, Jermaine Dupri, Usher)

When do tickets actually arrive in the mail? I got an email saying my tickets were printed back in August.

When do tickets actually arrive in the mail? I got an email saying my tickets were printed back in August.

Oct 18 2011 9:34 AM EDT 2,528
[h1]Jay-Z, Kanye West Sued Over Watch The Throne Sample[/h1][h2]Soul legend Syl Johnson claims duo used 1967 hit without permission.[/h2]
By Gil Kaufman

Jay-Z and Kanye West have been sued by soul/blues icon Syl Johnson over allegations that they sampled one of his songs on their Watch the Throne album without permission.

bttn_play-big.png
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:678175
bttn_play.gif

The complaint, filed in Illinois federal court Friday, alleges that the dynamic duo sampled a portion of his 1967 hit "Different Strokes" on the Throne deluxe-edition song "The Joy," according to the Hollywood Reporter. Johnson claims the song was sampled without his permission and has was not credited in the album's liner notes. The song was produced by Pete Rock (Kanye West is credited as producer along with Mike Dean and Mike Bhaskar) and was originally part of the G.O.O.D. Fridays series of leaks.

The allegation of copyright infringement was first raised in late August, when archival record label and publisher the Numero Uno Group which was erroneously credited as the song's publisher in the Throne — threatened a lawsuit on Johnson's behalf.

The suit further claims West originally attempted to sample the tune on his My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy solo album, but was unable to get clearance in time to use it. Given that history, the suit alleges West's decision to use the sample on another album without permission is an example of "knowing" and "willful" misappropriation.

The funky blues song has long been a favorite among rappers, including the Wu-Tang Clan ("Shame on a N---a"), Public Enemy ("Fight the Power"), the Beastie Boys ("Desperado"), the Geto Boys ("Homie Don't Play That") and Kool G Rap ("Talk Like Sex") — and Johnson has not shied away from suing other hip-hop acts in the past to get paid for the use of his music.

The suit seeks to impound all the copies of Throne and requests a full accounting of sale and publishing money, along with punitive damages. A spokesperson for the Throne could not be reached for comment at press 

Oct 18 2011 9:34 AM EDT 2,528
[h1]Jay-Z, Kanye West Sued Over Watch The Throne Sample[/h1][h2]Soul legend Syl Johnson claims duo used 1967 hit without permission.[/h2]
By Gil Kaufman

Jay-Z and Kanye West have been sued by soul/blues icon Syl Johnson over allegations that they sampled one of his songs on their Watch the Throne album without permission.

bttn_play-big.png
mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:678175
bttn_play.gif

The complaint, filed in Illinois federal court Friday, alleges that the dynamic duo sampled a portion of his 1967 hit "Different Strokes" on the Throne deluxe-edition song "The Joy," according to the Hollywood Reporter. Johnson claims the song was sampled without his permission and has was not credited in the album's liner notes. The song was produced by Pete Rock (Kanye West is credited as producer along with Mike Dean and Mike Bhaskar) and was originally part of the G.O.O.D. Fridays series of leaks.

The allegation of copyright infringement was first raised in late August, when archival record label and publisher the Numero Uno Group which was erroneously credited as the song's publisher in the Throne — threatened a lawsuit on Johnson's behalf.

The suit further claims West originally attempted to sample the tune on his My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy solo album, but was unable to get clearance in time to use it. Given that history, the suit alleges West's decision to use the sample on another album without permission is an example of "knowing" and "willful" misappropriation.

The funky blues song has long been a favorite among rappers, including the Wu-Tang Clan ("Shame on a N---a"), Public Enemy ("Fight the Power"), the Beastie Boys ("Desperado"), the Geto Boys ("Homie Don't Play That") and Kool G Rap ("Talk Like Sex") — and Johnson has not shied away from suing other hip-hop acts in the past to get paid for the use of his music.

The suit seeks to impound all the copies of Throne and requests a full accounting of sale and publishing money, along with punitive damages. A spokesperson for the Throne could not be reached for comment at press 

Got floor seats for MSG both nights, I could of gotten closer but unfortunately I pulled the trigger too soon. Ohwell, im still happy
pimp.gif

closest I got was section A row 13 but those tickets were 375
eek.gif
sick.gif
.  I couldnt justify spending that since im going both nights.

Got floor seats for MSG both nights, I could of gotten closer but unfortunately I pulled the trigger too soon. Ohwell, im still happy
pimp.gif

eek.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by xbiker47

pimp.gif

eek.gif
sick.gif

Jelly ain't even the word SMH I'd give up my first born for that seat lol how you get for both nights?Are the presale tickets tomorrow gonna be just as good?

pimp.gif

eek.gif
sick.gif

Jelly ain't even the word SMH I'd give up my first born for that seat lol how you get for both nights?Are the presale tickets tomorrow gonna be just as good?

Originally Posted by Fresh Azimiz

pimp.gif

eek.gif
sick.gif

It felt like after the first half hour of presale this morning they let go floor seats. I ended up with section D and F, roughly 20 rows back. I could of def got closer if I would of waited it out but when I saw floor seats I pulled the trigger right away.

Originally Posted by Fresh Azimiz

pimp.gif

eek.gif
sick.gif

It felt like after the first half hour of presale this morning they let go floor seats. I ended up with section D and F, roughly 20 rows back. I could of def got closer if I would of waited it out but when I saw floor seats I pulled the trigger right away.

Back
Top Bottom