|[ - Kanye West - Coldest Winter - ]|

coldest winter is too cold fam...
there ain't nothin better than music from the heart.
i guess it ain't from everybody but i effs with it.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by ctdaprince

yo i think i love this song i woke up and the first thing outta my mouth was the chorus of coldest winter
You sure it wasn't something else
eyes.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Born To Be Fly

JsindaA wrote:
Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

JsindaA wrote:
laugh.gif
At this thread. I don't think alot of people understand the beef some have with Ye right now. His ENTIRE career has been based on being a trendsetter...then he goes and follows the current trend. It's not hard to understand really...he's not doing him. He's like 1 for 3 right now with these tracks and never...ever...ever have I been able to say that about him. I appreciate him trying to incoperate other genres into his producing...I really do, but at this album is EASILY his worst up to this point. That doesn't mean it will be trash because it may be a banger but right now he's going to sell off his name and his name only. Not his songs...which is COMPLETELY opposite from the last 3 albums. If you can't see that, you need to stop riding.
I can see anybody not liking the songs, but for everybody who is hypin this +*** it up....you got people like you saying the album is trash and it's his worse, when you've only heard THREE tracks....
laugh.gif

Than you even said he is incoperating other genres into his music, yet you say he is following trends? What Hip Hop artist is making anything sounding like these tracks besides the use of autotune?

Would be his following the trend...didn't think I'd have to spell it out. We've heard 3 tracks out of 11....about 30% of the album and it's not looking good, you can't say that about any of his previous albums. I mean look at the threads for each song he has put out....pretty easy to deduce why people are saying it's gonna be trash. There hasn't been a song out that says otherwise. He, IMO, should have left his grieving to himself and not put it on an album. I mean that pretty much what this album is...where his life is...a grieving process. Completely understandable, but as an artist/entertainer you can't always bring personal life into it....and this looks like it's gonna be a prime example of why you don't.

I don't know about you, but my favorite artists (Jay-Z, Biggie, 'Ye) are respected for their realness. What do you want him to do? Spit verses with no meaning like Wayne? Aside from the auto-tune, this has a completely different vibe than any other hip-hop/pop track. It just looks like your pointing out non-relevant stuff but imo he is 3 for 3 and if anything, he is setting a trend and I wouldn't be surprised if more music starts to sound like this real soon.

JsindaA what your saying is kinda only based off your opinion though.I personally liked all 3 songs so far.Alot of people are looking at it from a hip-hoppoint of view.Just look at it as music.Ye is a musician.He's making music although it may not be what some of you are used to it doesn't mean its bad.Ithink it is him doing him.He's always took pieces of different genres he liked and brought it into his beats.Now hes just bringing it into his music as awhole.

man, will people stop sayin Kanye is some creative mastermind...he's not really doing anything groundbreaking...1st with the auto-tune thing, he'skinda hoppin on the bandwagon with that, cuz everyone seems to be doin that $%%% nowadays. The production isn't really anything we haven't heard beforeeither...
So just accept people won't like the music, don't try to twist it as kanye doin somethin different and on some next level $%%% and people being toostuck in the past to feel it, blah blah blah...yea ok
Truth is, I haven't liked anything I've heard from Kanye in 2008
I'm on the fence about even getting this album, I usually get all his albums, but the direction his music has been going in (hip hop or non hip hop)i'm not sure if it'll be worth my 10 bucks

^ ur all wrong.....he is a creative mastermind....

Dude this guy kanye ..... he went from rapping to singing..... dats original...who is doing that right now? kanye already has hip hop behind him...he is trying2 reach out to other audiences......hes not gonna do it making rap records. this album is real man..its not sum of dat crap other artist spit... dis isnt clubmusic... its love music baby! kanye is trying 2 get that kobe number 1 over mj (michael jackson)

xposah.jpg

tired.gif

Her love's a thousand miles away.
Goodbye my friend.

And for the love of God - everything on this damn album is in auto-tune.

GET.
OVER.
IT.

This album will be one that always gets brought up when we look back on his career, imo it will be one if not his best. Definetly if anything a greattribute to his mother.

Originally Posted by avitale8

man, will people stop sayin Kanye is some creative mastermind...he's not really doing anything groundbreaking...1st with the auto-tune thing, he's kinda hoppin on the bandwagon with that, cuz everyone seems to be doin that $%%% nowadays. The production isn't really anything we haven't heard before either...
So just accept people won't like the music, don't try to twist it as kanye doin somethin different and on some next level $%%% and people being too stuck in the past to feel it, blah blah blah...yea ok
Truth is, I haven't liked anything I've heard from Kanye in 2008
I'm on the fence about even getting this album, I usually get all his albums, but the direction his music has been going in (hip hop or non hip hop) i'm not sure if it'll be worth my 10 bucks
Damn....Just because he uses autotune doesn't mean its automatically unoriginal and uncreative.....

Ye's ability to create melodies has always been a strength of his....and thats basically what this album is....combine that with production....and itactually is creative....the sound is distinictive....its not like he's doing the regular autotune club song type deal....gimmie a break
laugh.gif

I see more people accepting the fact that people dont like it...but less who can accept the fact that Ye' has a completely different type sound with thisparticular project....

Originally Posted by its Labrev

CDQ is out, so is 'Robocop'
Word. Listening as we speak.

EDIT: Just listened to both.

It's obvious Coldest Winter is straight
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Sounds so smooth in CDQ. Chilling mood.

And Robocop is probably as far left as I have ever heard 'Ye. People are gonna haaaaate this song.
laugh.gif

It's alright to me right now. Probably will grow on me.

So much hate for Ye. I personally think his album is gonna be
pimp.gif
And if ya'll didn't know, which most of ya'll probably didn't from the negative reactions towards this album, this album was just a sideproject. Ye has another album comin out around Feb or Mar.

With a new song getting leaked one by one each week I wonder how he's gonna do sales wise.

Coldest Winter is one of my favorite songs in a while and now that I have the CDQ I like it even more. Where this differs from other pop music, or even theother tracks leaked off the album, is the emotion. Without emotion, music is nothing. I don't know about you guys, but I can really feel his pain each timeI listen to the song.

As for Love Lockdown, Heartless, & Robocop - I still don't know what to think. I would say Heartless > Love Lockdown > Robocop. Heartless stillfeels like its missing something to me. When I heard the snippet like a month ago I was expecting the final version to be comparable to Stronger (don't askwhy). Love Lockdown definitely grew on me. I still need to get a CDQ of Robocop to make a decision...but I hate how random the song is.

This song is hot to me although I think Heartless is better, Im not really feeling Robocop right now. I might have to hear it a few
more times.

def feeling this track
imo: Coldest Winter>Heartless>Robocop/LL
Robocop still needs a few more spins
Im pretty hyped for the cd now, i had my doubts at first but its shaping up to be a solid cd

Back
Top Bottom