JV is coming back to WILD 94.9....

on Feb. 23, but without the rest of the doghouse.
frown.gif

anyone know why its just him?? im a little skeptical that he can revive morning radio. im pretty happy listening to the woody show on my way to work in themorning. i'll tune in though.

anyone remember when 50's first album came out. JV gave these stupid *+$ sermons about how 50 was the devil and this and that. totally killed thedoghouse's ratings and i think he got suspended for that or something. 107.7 in the morning is probably the funniest imo

Yea where is elvis now? Hollywood never went with them to New York. He stayed in the bay and off radio. But I wonder what happened to elvis. Anyone got anyinfo?

The Doghouse back in the day was pretty entertaining.

I remember they had this funny dude on there for a minute, "El Rythmo" Mike Fantasy.

Originally Posted by jcsellsf

anyone remember when 50's first album came out. JV gave these stupid *+$ sermons about how 50 was the devil and this and that. totally killed the doghouse's ratings and i think he got suspended for that or something. 107.7 in the morning is probably the funniest imo
There's some youngn's up in here...

I member when the dog house was on 107.7!
laugh.gif

they were the *#%. they were the one's who brought Dave Chapelle out here for the 1st comedy jam ever!

and Elvis went with JV to NY from what i heard. n did... meh...

but JV cant hold it down on his own. hes gon need a crew.

anyone remember when 50's first album came out. JV gave these stupid *+$ sermons about how 50 was the devil and this and that. totally killed the doghouse's ratings and i think he got suspended for that or something. 107.7 in the morning is probably the funniest imo

I missed my bio class that morning just to listen to his bs.

laugh.gif
@ myself.

Originally Posted by Kobe Fan

I missed my bio class that morning just to listen to his bs.

laugh.gif
@ myself.
Lol. I remember listening to that in the morning on my way to school. I had no idea what the dude was talking about. He said he had bad vibesabout 50 and thought he was the devil. I remember they used to have that psychic guy that would heal peoples spirit or energy over the phone. Couldn'treally take the show seriously after that.

Dog House was funny in the beginning on 107. I think FM is boring these days. The music sounds all the same. I just stick with AM.

They were the best thing on bay area radio in the mid to late 90's. If I still worked in Vallejo I'd definitely be listenin. Oh well I'll stickwith Stern on Sirius.

What was going on with JV and all of the Religion talk?

This is something most people would be afraid to answer…not me…most people know me as honest and real about who I am and what's going on in my life. Here's the story… I've always been interested in religion, God, spirituality, the universe, etc.. My curiosities where never induced by drugs. Upuntil 2002ish, I never used drugs. Then around that time I tried a heavy drug for the first time. It was cocaine. What started out as a recreational thingturned into a place where I would go to escape. Just like you, I had pressures. I made the mistake of masking my drama and pain with cocaine. Then someonetold me about crystal-meth. I tried it, and I got hooked fast. I was using it because thought it helped me deal with life's pressures and I also thoughtit would help me stay awake and work on my radio show. What happened was - it jacked me up. I was sleep deprived and not thinking rationally due to thedrug's chemicals. So, I would go back to work, and what used to be an interest in religion and politics turned into a delusion and obsession. I wantpeople to know, that I still believe in much of what I was saying back then, but to talk about it for hours and days on end, borders mental illness. Andthat's what happens to meth users. They may have SOME valid, rational points, but they become obsessed with their opinions and in many cases becomedelusional. I went over the edge a few times, and talked about things that were "out there" to say the least. Thank God, my girlfriend (who is nowmy wife) got me off of the stuff. Like I said, most people would not share such personal information. But I decided to for two reasons. First, I HONESTLYwant people to know that cocaine and meth are no joke. I can't begin to tell you how much of my life it destroyed. The process of getting back on my feetand in my right state of mind was difficult on many layers. If there is ONE piece of advice you ever take from me PLEASE don't even try meth. It willtake your frickin' soul and turn you into something crazy. And, believe me, it takes years to realize everything you did and then try to apologize for it. Secondly, I wanted to share this info. because I feel like I owe the truth to the listeners. All those people that were fans that listened to me ramble onabout God and politics, deserve to know the whole story. NOW, you will hear me joke around about it…because that's who I am. I've never been afraidto joke about failures or dark eras. Last note: I want to thank Clear Channel from the top down, for understanding that I'm only human. They know Ican't change the past, but we I can learn from it and walk away even stronger. I'm so strong now, I'm benching 220 lbs!!

i listened this mornig. i have to say i didnt like it AT ALL. the only thing that interested me the whole drive to work was when JV would talk about the pastDOGHOUSE and how Elvis and Hollywood are doing. I'll stick to Murph and Mac and The Woody Show, thanks.

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

i listened this mornig. i have to say i didnt like it AT ALL. the only thing that interested me the whole drive to work was when JV would talk about the past DOGHOUSE and how Elvis and Hollywood are doing. I'll stick to Murph and Mac and The Woody Show, thanks.
mind telling what he said? i didnt get to hear much since my commute is only 15 mins

^^^ this pretty much sums it up...

What Happened To The Dog House?

Where is Hollywood?

Hollywood is my best friend in the whole entire galaxy. I still talk to the little twerp ALMOST every day. He is still in the Bay Area, working for a companythat we can not disclose on the air or off. His employer is very worried that people would try to contact him at the trabajo if they knew he was there. Wooddecided to get out of radio, for a couple of reasons. First, radio is a very unstable job. You can get fired or let go in a heartbeat. I'm sure you'veheard that a gazillion people recently lost their jobs in radio due to the economy. We folks in this business realize this. Some of us decide to stay in andweather the storms, because we love it so much. Other peeps decide to leave for something more stable. Hollywood now has 4 kids. He has always wanted a bigfamily. And as much as Hollywood loves radio, he puts the fam first. He has a great job, a great, marriage, and a great jump shot in basketball. If there isanyone I would love to hook up with again in the radio biz…it's him…I miss his on-air laugh. Stay posted and I'll give you more details on Wood luego.

Where is Elvis?

Elvis lives in Los Angeles at the moment. After The Dog House was fired in 2005, we went to New York. We were kicking *$@ there, but ran into an unfortunateincident that led to us being fired AGAIN!! After that, we decided to go to the internet to have some fun. The show was like a combination of radio and TV. Thenet is uncensored, so we got really crazy. You understand how that works right? Let's take comedian D.L. Hughley for example. He is a very clean,family-type guy on CNN right now. BUT, if you catch him at a comedy club, where he has no rules…he gets pretty "foul". Comedian George Lopez is thesame way. So, while we were being a little "foul" on the net, Elvis' girlfriend was becoming angry. She didn't like The Dog House. She wasnew to our show. Long story, short, she asked him to quit The Dog House and try something else like acting and commercial voice-overs. And that's what hedid. He left the show, got some new head shots and started auditioning for commercials and stuff. He set up a studio in his house to record commercials forclients. Although he bounced, I'm not mad. I'm totally cool with Elvis. He has to do what makes him happy in life. Elvis is close to 50 now, so I thinkthat might have also played into his decision to try other things. We do still talk though. When I got the gig at Wild 949.9 he was one of the first people tocongratulate me.

Where is Ruth?

After we were fired from Wild 94.9 in 2005, Ruth left radio. She was offered an AMAZING job. Ruth is flat-out the hardest worker I have ever met. She wasactually the glue of The Dog House. She had a blast on the show, but the show could also be very difficult at times. On The Dog House we would get into"cast" member's lives a lot…and Ruth was no exception. Although I know it was difficult on her, she NEVER complained. By the way, Ruth was notonly amazing at playing "operations manager", she was (is) a very creative person as well. I can't say enough about what she added to the show.Outside the show, she was equally amazing. I have lost touch with Ruth over the past four years, but I wish her, Mack (husband), and their dogs the best. Iwonder if they have a little baby yet?

Why was the Dog House fired from Wild 94.9?

We were fired in March of 2005. Can you believe it's been 4 years? There have been sooooooo many rumors about why we were fired. Some of them are damnfunny, others MIGHT have some truth to them. I can tell you this…it definitely wasn't because of ratings. We posted ratings that were and still are unheardof. Here's the best way I can explain it. We had a Program Director that we sometimes loved and sometimes hated. From 2004 to 2005 we were not gettingalong with him at all. In that time period Howard Stern announced that he was going to satellite. The market manager of CBS (at that time) contacted me aboutreplacing Stern over at Live 105. Since we weren't getting a long with our boss, we all decided to go for it. Well, it is our belief that our boss caughtwind of it, because suddenly we were being suspended left and right for things that we did all of the time. While we were being suspended routinely, the MarketManager of CBS was terminated. Then, out of nowhere, we got suspended again over something Elvis said, and eventually fired. How do I feel about it now?I'm cool. We eventually made peace with that old boss. He doesn't work for Clear Channel any more, and my relationship with Clear Channel today isgreat!! The Program Director and General Manager that run Wild 94.9 are two of the coolest dudes I know. They know radio very well, but more importantly, theyknow how to deal with employees…even psycho fools like me.

Who's on the new show?

Well of course there is me (insert applause) JV. I will be your morning host. My "side-kick" is Christie. And my producer is Jon Manuel…I call himManny. The most important thing in forming this show was making sure we were all from the Bay Area. I think the reason T-Man failed, besides his annoyingvoice, is because he didn't live here. He was broadcasting from Portland or somewhere like that… TOTAL DISCONNECT. Actually, there are several shows in theBay Area market right now that you could say the same about…TOTAL DISCONNECT. These other shows move here form other cities, find a pad in San Francisco, andnever leave the city. TOTAL DISCONNECT. Christie is from Oakland…'The Town," Jon grew up in San Jose, and you guys know I used to "regulate"at American High School in Fremont California. I have to admit though, Newark had better parties than us.

What's the show going to be like?

In the beginning we are going to play a good amount of music. It's been a while since Wild had a good morning show. Right now, people are coming here tohear good music. NOW TRUST ME, I didn't come back here to spin records all morning. I CAME HERE TO DO A SHOW, FOOL! Let me make this clear rightthough…THIS IS NOT THE DOG HOUSE. The Dog House was a show that I started all by little myself. Over time, I added Hollywood, Elvis, Ruth, and all of the stuntguys. The show was awesome. It is one of my (our) greatest accomplishments. But you have to understand, The Dog House would never make it in a time like this.Back in the late 90's and early 2000's we were getting away with stuff that ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT MAKE IT TO AIR TODAY. You also have to understand thatThe Dog House was getting suspended and sued all the time. A show like that is NOTHING MORE THAN A HUGE LIABILITY today. So, we all just have to remember thosegreat times and shows and turn the page. The other thing is, I'm ready for something new in my life. I was getting tired of the old show. My new sidekickChristie is going to bring a different perspective. And we are going to talk about things that interest us and our audience. The show will always be verycompelling and once in a while semi-funny. I'm still the same JV…the guy that created The Dog House and came up with all of the stunts, contests, topics,etc… But again, we can't do some of the stuff I used to come up with…it would just get me suspended and fired again. It's totally natural to turn onthe new show and say to yourself, "this ain't The Dog House"…Yeah, that's because it's not, dipstick. But, give the new show a chance…andI'm sure you're gonna dig it! As time goes on, we will make adjustments with content and the amount of music we are playing.

Are you going to be doing stunts and pranks?

Again, I have to tell you that radio has changed. We can't chain two guys together, put them in prison outfits, and have them knocking on doors, lookingfor a hack saw. We got sued over that. We can't have people *&^% in the studio or on the streets, because it only will get the show shut down. Theother things is, we did "stunt" radio on a high level…we mastered it….then EVERY show across the country copied it. So, it's no longer originalanyway. Yes, I'll be doing some pranks. But, we don't need to rely on them to deliver a great show.

What was going on with JV and all of the Religion talk?

This is something most people would be afraid to answer…not me…most people know me as honest and real about who I am and what's going on in my life.Here's the story… I've always been interested in religion, God, spirituality, the universe, etc.. My curiosities where never induced by drugs. Up until2002ish, I never used drugs. Then around that time I tried a heavy drug for the first time. It was cocaine. What started out as a recreational thing turnedinto a place where I would go to escape. Just like you, I had pressures. I made the mistake of masking my drama and pain with cocaine. Then someone told meabout crystal-meth. I tried it, and I got hooked fast. I was using it because thought it helped me deal with life's pressures and I also thought it wouldhelp me stay awake and work on my radio show. What happened was - it jacked me up. I was sleep deprived and not thinking rationally due to the drug'schemicals. So, I would go back to work, and what used to be an interest in religion and politics turned into a delusion and obsession. I want people to know,that I still believe in much of what I was saying back then, but to talk about it for hours and days on end, borders mental illness. And that's whathappens to meth users. They may have SOME valid, rational points, but they become obsessed with their opinions and in many cases become delusional. I went overthe edge a few times, and talked about things that were "out there" to say the least. Thank God, my girlfriend (who is now my wife) got me off of thestuff. Like I said, most people would not share such personal information. But I decided to for two reasons. First, I HONESTLY want people to know that cocaineand meth are no joke. I can't begin to tell you how much of my life it destroyed. The process of getting back on my feet and in my right state of mind wasdifficult on many layers. If there is ONE piece of advice you ever take from me PLEASE don't even try meth. It will take your frickin' soul and turnyou into something crazy. And, believe me, it takes years to realize everything you did and then try to apologize for it. Secondly, I wanted to share thisinfo. because I feel like I owe the truth to the listeners. All those people that were fans that listened to me ramble on about God and politics, deserve toknow the whole story. NOW, you will hear me joke around about it…because that's who I am. I've never been afraid to joke about failures or dark eras.Last note: I want to thank Clear Channel from the top down, for understanding that I'm only human. They know I can't change the past, but we I canlearn from it and walk away even stronger. I'm so strong now, I'm benching 220 lbs!!

I actually got a chance to listen to it this week. Show is cool tho with JV back.

I guess Ill start listening to this now.

Back
Top Bottom